If Kevin Durant was still playing for the Sonics...

^
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

It really is a damn shame
eyes.gif
What's this from?
ummm from Seattle?
eyes.gif

Hurts me all the time that they had to move, especially because the team is doing well and will probably do well for the next several years.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

I dont get why yall are so salty? Y'all thought they were bluffing when they said give us a new stadium and they left. You really expected them to keep playing in 40 year old arena when there are still markets hungry for teams?
Seattle just got done paying for a new baseball and football stadium, then Schultz's #***$%! wants the public to pay more on the basketball arena than they did on both Safeco AND Qwest. Seattle says "are you kidding?" Howard was so negligent in handling the situation. He knew damn well that they weren't going to pay, yet he sold team anyway. And he sold it to a man with NO intentions of keeping them in Seattle which was supposedly agreed upon.
No way should a city need to pay for 3 brand new sports venues in the a 10 year frame. Most cities, I don't care where, would not do this. 

Blame Howard Schultz for the Sonics leaving. He's the czar for Starbucks, yet couldn't afford the Sonics no more?  Also, I don't agree that the city should pay for a whole arena.  That silly.  It should be 50/50 or 60/40. 

I feel bad for the Sonics though.  It must hurt watching this team succeed. 

roll.gif
KD is that dude.  I buy my shirts from Old Navy.  $6.00 a piece.  Budget ballin' baby

But the Sonics did put a good product on the court during their last season.  They had a rookie KD, Jeff Green, and a couple vets.  You expected that team to win 50+ games? They were in rebuilding mode.  They just got rid of Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis, so of course they were gonna become doormats.  Sam Presti the GM of the Thunder is one of the best GM's in the NBA, and comes from the Spurs front office.

Originally Posted by bilbo07

Originally Posted by chr1scross

I bet my NT sn that Durant isn't leaving after his first contract. He loves OKC.
ill take that bet.
Be ready to lose.

and we all knew KD was cheap and humble, although buying his shirts from walmart is a bid OD
laugh.gif

i like it though.

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by kingkb34

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

roll.gif
Seattle saltiness

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 Oklahoma City doesn't deserve a basketball team tho, Seattle should have kept it but Seattle honestly didn't fight hard enough
Your reasoning as to why not? They are in the Top 10 in attendance figures and almost always sell out every home game. They are a passionate fan base.
Just because it is in a city that typically isn't known for basketball shouldn't be your only reason as to why they don't deserve a basketball team.
how come there's so many empty seats every time I've seen them on TV? They can't even fill their own arena and they're the only thing in town. Can't wait for KD to bolt in a few years and leave that crap city with nothing.
OU? OSU? Tinker AFB? Bricktown? They're not the only thing in town. And the emptiest section is usually the sideline right behind the media panels, those are 250$ seats but just like with every other arena, that ticket is bought, just nobody showed up. It's usually what happens when resellers and ticket brokers by tickets but then nobody buys it from them. You can say that about EVERY team, but OKC aren't nearly the worst when it comes to that. Look at Miami and Atlanta games, they advertise a sellout but those arenas aren't even half full most of the time to include playoffs.

And given that KD is cheap, he probably loves OK cost of living. You can get a 4000sq/ft home, on a 2 acre lot, gated community, pool, sod, 4 car garage, etc. for like 300k

Or if he rents an apartment he can get a new complex in a nice part of town for like 700$

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

frown.gif

thinking about this is the worst feeling ever. i'll never ever ever forget the fact that we could have had a dynasty here. the entire city would be at his feet. +!%* the nba. +!%* david stern. +!%* clay bennet. yes i am mad.
QFT. Seattle got screwed so bad it's not even funny.

That's a great article on KD right there
pimp.gif
I've met him twice & he was one of the chillest players I've ever met.

Originally Posted by CarlofromdaPI

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

http://msn.foxsports.com/...star-except-on-the-court
[h2]Durant acts like star only on court[/h2]

Jeff Goodman is a senior college basketball writer for FOXSports.com. Check out his blog on FOXSports.com, Good 'n Plenty.

PRINT EMAIL RSS
http://addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&pub=xa-4acf7eca462bf235/msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Thunders-Kevin-Durant-doesn%27t-act-like-an-NBA-superstar-except-on-the-court">http://msn.foxsports.com/...star-except-on-the-court', '')" onmouseout="addthis_close()" onclick="return addthis_sendto()">
spacer.gif
ADD THIS

6 comments »

Updated Feb 15, 2010 6:41 PM ET
Kevin Durant, not unlike all those whom he’ll be playing with and against this weekend at the NBA All-Star Game in Dallas, is rich.

Filthy rich.

The 21-year-old Oklahoma City Thunder star has a salary that pays him nearly $5 million this season and a Nike deal worth about $10 million per year.

021310-CBK-Thunder-Inside-JW_20100213174812_0_0.JPG

In only his third year in the NBA, Kevin Durant ranks second in the league in scoring.
Rocky Widner

Yet Durant buys his shirts at Wal-Mart, drives a conversion van so his cousins are comfortable and spent more than a month sleeping on an air mattress this past summer.

"Ten shirts for eighty dollars,

I dont get why yall are so salty? Y'all thought they were bluffing when they said give us a new stadium and they left. You really expected them to keep playing in 40 year old arena when there are still markets hungry for teams?

Man...you clearly don't know why we are so salty if you're posting this garbage...first of all, dude from out of town (Clay Bennet) bought the team with a clause saying he had to try his hardest to keep the team in Seattle. Well, his attempt consisted of him essentially holding taxpayers hostage by asking for a 500 million dollar arena funded by the city (not him or any of his rich investors) out in the suburbs so he could make scrilla off the corporate box suites. That, and emails he sent to his investment partners surfaced of him talkin bout how he was going to move the team as soon as possible. So basically, Bennet never had any intention of keeping the team in Seattle, and he made demands so ridiculous that he knew the city wouldn't comply and he would be able to move the team out.
It's not like KeyArena was some wack #*% facility either. Nope. In fact, watch this little dandy of a video where Stern talks about just how nice it is. 

I'm not against OKC having an NBA team, but I am very, very against them having a squad when Seattle doesn't. With the amount of NBA talent that comes out of that city, and the amount of support the city showed to its franchise for its forty (40 #@#+#$ years!) existence, there is no conceivable way OKC has an NBA squad over Seattle. Seattle = 13th largest market size in America. OKC = 45th largest market in America. OKC = 1/3rd of Seattle's population. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

This whole thing just completely ruined the NBA for me. David Stern and Clay Bennet collectively spat in the face of an entire city that passionately supported it's team for 40 years, and they reward loyalty by jumping ship like that. 

And now to see KD killing it so hard on a nightly basis...it hurts.  

BTW I LOVE KEVIN DURANT!!! I think he's a smart guy especially how he carries himself. caught a segment on Inside The NBA...

For those of you who don't appreciate the significance of how he carries himself on and off the court or financially google Antoine Walker
laugh.gif
or look into how many calls he gets on the regular...

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

Man...you clearly don't know why we are so salty if you're posting this garbage...first of all, dude from out of town (Clay Bennet) bought the team with a clause saying he had to try his hardest to keep the team in Seattle. Well, his attempt consisted of him essentially holding taxpayers hostage by asking for a 500 million dollar arena funded by the city (not him or any of his rich investors) out in the suburbs so he could make scrilla off the corporate box suites. That, and emails he sent to his investment partners surfaced of him talkin bout how he was going to move the team as soon as possible. So basically, Bennet never had any intention of keeping the team in Seattle, and he made demands so ridiculous that he knew the city wouldn't comply and he would be able to move the team out.
It's not like KeyArena was some wack #*% facility either. Nope. In fact, watch this little dandy of a video where Stern talks about just how nice it is. 

I'm not against OKC having an NBA team, but I am very, very against them having a squad when Seattle doesn't. With the amount of NBA talent that comes out of that city, and the amount of support the city showed to its franchise for its forty (40 #@#+#$ years!) existence, there is no conceivable way OKC has an NBA squad over Seattle. Seattle = 13th largest market size in America. OKC = 45th largest market in America. OKC = 1/3rd of Seattle's population. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

This whole thing just completely ruined the NBA for me. David Stern and Clay Bennet collectively spat in the face of an entire city that passionately supported it's team for 40 years, and they reward loyalty by jumping ship like that. 

And now to see KD killing it so hard on a nightly basis...it hurts.  

I get your story, but posting a video from 95 doesnt help keep a team intown.

The point is the arena was the best in the league 15 years ago. All of a sudden its completely inadequate? Nope.

They shouldn't have moved the team. PERIOD. That's !###!# up to do that to the fans that supported you and lined your pockets even when the team underperformed. Now They're having a break out season and OKC just has this amazing team fall in their laps
smh.gif

Seattle really has nothing to be salty about... the City of Portland on the other hand...

DurantAndOden.jpg

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

They shouldn't have moved the team. PERIOD. That's !###!# up to do that to the fans that supported you and lined your pockets even when the team underperformed. Now They're having a break out season and OKC just has this amazing team fall in their laps
smh.gif

That's what I'm saying. @$@$##@ bull @#$# and stupid @#$ David Stern didn't try to help us out one bit.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Seattle really has nothing to be salty about... the City of Portland on the other hand...
20026b7410726098ea39998d1f35528dc9f61faa.gif

How so?

At least KD won't end up like Antoine Walker or others that go broke after having millions of dollars 

Originally Posted by the north west

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

It really is a damn shame
eyes.gif
What's this from?

how old are you and did you just start watching basketball 2 years ago?
I'm asking what year, and was this an actual game, or is this when they were cleaning it out.
Isn't it easy to see? This was on 12/19/04 right after they played the T-Wolves....

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Originally Posted by NYH425

%!$@ okc... if the arena the thunder play in blows up it'll be karma.

Maybe if Clay Bennett was the only one in it
That would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom