If Kevin Durant was still playing for the Sonics...

xtapolapacetl

Banned
How much do yall think he is away from becoming the greatest Sonic ever?

I'm willing to say that in terms of single seasons, the season he's having right now is better than any season of a Sonics player ever, such as:

05-06 Ray Allen
99-00 Gary Payton
95-96 Shawn Kemp
88-89 Dale Ellis
72-73 Spencer Haywood

frown.gif

thinking about this is the worst feeling ever. i'll never ever ever forget the fact that we could have had a dynasty here. the entire city would be at his feet. +!%* the nba. +!%* david stern. +!%* clay bennet. yes i am mad.

I thought about this the other day too but not in the greatest Sonic context.

How much iller would it be though if he were an NBA superstar as a Sonic? Would he have more pub than now?

I miss that franchise. When that arena was full it was electric as they come. I'm sure most of the players would've loved living in that city, too.

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

How much iller would it be though if he were an NBA superstar as a Sonic? Would he have more pub than now?

I miss that franchise. When that arena was full it was electric as they come. I'm sure most of the players would've loved living in that city, too.
100%. OKC hasn't been relevant in any aspect, sports or not, since '95.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

roll.gif
Seattle saltiness

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
 Oklahoma City doesn't deserve a basketball team tho, Seattle should have kept it but Seattle honestly didn't fight hard enough

Originally Posted by Storm2006

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

100%. OKC hasn't been relevant in any aspect, sports or not, since '95.

i see what you did there,   ouch ouch ouch.

the sonics should be in seattle where they belong though.     not being some stupid team called the thunder.

I love how everybody cares now that they're gone. Yall couldn't get your #$%!% out the games when they were there, especially when they were losing and didn't want to pony up for a new arena.

^

it was a screwed up situation for the sonics. ownership made no attempt to put a good product on the court in 2007-08 and they were going to move one way or another. if i was a sonics fan i'd be more mad at howard shultz then clay bennent because shultz was the one who sold the team to clay bennent.

between having the hornets in 05-06 and these past 2 seasons okc has proven they can support a nba team and that market deserves a team, it just sucks they got a team that was in another city for 40 years rather then their own team.

Back
Top Bottom