If Kid Capri is spinnin hip-hop, don't ask him to play reggae...vid

laugh.gif

If you that girl's man, do you stand up for your woman since she's being disrespected, or do you take the L like her and get a drink on the house? 

as a former DJ in Brooklyn/NYC, you get that question all damn night.."you aint got no reggae??" or my fave "rudeboy, spin some 'tunes fi we nah!"...its why DJs have security by the stage or lock themselves in booths while playing...

It's a pretty ignorant request, especially when she doesn't request any specific artist, just a broad genre. Still, his reaction was corny. Times must be tough for him.

was this in Vegas last night? I was there for the bartending convention and i think he played at the Crystal Method event...

he OD

all he had to say no and leave it at that...

he must have been upset before he even got there that night
laugh.gif

We all know he was spinning some classics, but maybe no one was dancing? If the set is good and people are on the dance floor, maybe she doesn't request anything....who knows? Dude had mad PMS to flip out like that tho
laugh.gif

It's the Kiiiiiiddddddd Cappri!

That was unnecessary on his part to literally put a spotlight on the girl and make an example out of her.
Then he says he wants her to have a good time and all that.
How's anyone supposed to have a good time after that Debbie Downer moment?

Old crotchety man syndrome.

Originally Posted by oidreez

he aint even need to do all that

honestly, i seen Mr. Cee (From Hot 97FM, nyc) flip out at several events ive played at...crazy style!!!  dude called chicks %!$%#'s if they didnt dance, he would STOP the record completely and ask "what you n***as too cool to dance in here? word?!..." Kid Capri went easy on shorty compared to what ive seen in spots

She got played, didn't really get disrespected. If you ask a DJ to play a genre, that's asking to get played. I can see where Kid Capri is coming from because by asking for a genre and not a specific song, it's basically saying she's not feeling the music.

i bumped into capri in a couple of occasions, that !*$!@'s an $+@+#*#
smh.gif

i woulda came up to the booth and layed him out

i felt that from da heart
pimp.gif

sometimes i'll throw a lil get together and i'll have a set of straight mid-90's rap - dipset and da skeezaz start moaning & grogging about "omg throw some daddy yankee"

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

looks like his set is the exact same as the taped "Funk Flex mix" they play on Hot 97 every night
laugh.gif

That's my man Capri, the Caucasian Persuasion, the Black Italian.

But for real he OD'd on ol' girl and killed the whole mood of the club.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

i felt that from da heart
pimp.gif

sometimes i'll throw a lil get together and i'll have a set of straight mid-90's rap - dipset and da skeezaz start moaning & grogging about "omg throw some daddy yankee"

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
  i hate that,  if their at YOUR place, they gotta listen to the music YOU picked and if they don't like it  then boo hoo hoo for them. this needs to happen more often, let the music be played and if someone wants to complain make them sit their 5 dollar +%! down before you make change.

Back
Top Bottom