If "NIKE" was ok on the back of retro 2's, Why not

3's,4's,5's or 6's

I'm not looking to start the debate on Nike Air vs. Jumpman...

But it dawned on me, that the retro 2's have NIKE written across the back and they were a retro from 2004... even the Charity 2's which are new say NIKE

Why is it OK to associate the 2's with nike but not the 3, 4, 5 or 6's ?

If they changed the back of the 2's to a little Jumpman... That would be disgraceful... Just like the 3-6's... but it would make sense.

OG's
18ya6q.jpg

94's
2lik4g0.jpg

04's
263hfn6.jpg

This thread is stupid

Need Videogames?

Wild speculation: Wasn't some of the original tooling for the 2 lost or damaged?

Maybe the creation of new tooling for the 04 Retro's meant that they didn't have resources available to retool the back so that the Nike logo was replaced with a Jumpman.
Air Jordan Retro: You can't go back.

Say what you will but I really like the jumpman on the back of those IIs. It's small and it has a nice pop.

Ace in the hole, the only thing to get me back to buying J's at retail. Right now I just wait for them to show up at outlets.
NIKE
AIR

I like that lil jumpman on the back of the charity 2's. The reason JB does put NIKE AIR on the back anymore is because they dont wanna pay Nike for the right to use NIKE AIR.
MIAMI HEAT

"A sneakerhead could buy sneakers from sun up to sun down and his/her collection may never be complete".

WOW they look hella stupid with a jumpman on the back of those Charity II's.
Seek TruthLive Free

thanx god i copped that 04 retro ii's now that nike sign is a classic 8)
glasses.gif

I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be
Kobe Bryant-KOBE

The Jumpman on the charity II's goes to show that JB will shamelessly replace Nike/Nike Air whenever possible just to push their own pathetic "brand".

I wonder what the II's in the II/XXI package will have on the back. If it's a Jumpman, keep that garbage.

Quote:
This as always is the stupidest remark ever written on NIKETALK

Do you know for a fact that what I posted is wrong? I would think that Filp might know a little bit more than you.

Quote:
FlipJays: To be honest, I myself would like to get the Nike Air on the Jordan shoe again but with Jordan Brand being its own brand under Nike, MJ has the control they will not put the Nike Air again because of the word Nike. With the Jordan Shoe having the Nike Air on there, JB has to pay Nike for having the word on the shoe even though they are the same company
www.unitedpeopleofsole.net/?nav=interviews&int=flipjays
MIAMI HEAT

"A sneakerhead could buy sneakers from sun up to sun down and his/her collection may never be complete".

^^ Not trying to get on you too hard here but this is brought up about every 6 months and always gets shot down without anyone in the know providing actual proof that JB has to pay Nike to use their logo.

Everyone knows that JB used the sole off of dunks for the OLNL package to save money. But then if your right they turned around and also paid Nike for rights to use their name also? It makes no sense at all.
NIKE
AIR

just bring back nike air

2 name brands on a shoe is always better than 1
"SPOTTIN FAKE JORDANS NO LONGER A HABIT BUT A JOB"
"we are the legit check, no need to legit check, what we legit check, because we legit check the legit check ya dig"
lol sound like juelz ps aim jdhillon23

i was about to go live if that damn charity shoe had nike on the back.
houstonrockets

You kids care way too much about the back of a sneaker.
TEAM AM FAM
illphil93@aol.com/AIM illphillip
1st EDITION HALLOWEEN AF1 Sz 9.5 FOR SALE
$175 GUARANTEED DELIVERY BY OCT. 31

^ Eh why don't you go buy some keds and paint a jumpman on it if that's the way you look at it.
NIKE
AIR

3thaman, It's all good buddy, its all good. Lets agree to disagree. Relax man, its not that serious
MIAMI HEAT

^ :lol:
laugh.gif
, As you can tell anytime NIKE AIR is brought up in this forum I get pretty heated. :smh:
smh.gif

I'd like to see proof that I'm wrong though, and If I am I'll gladly admit it. :wow:
embarassed.gif

But I doubt I am. :D
happy.gif
:lol:
laugh.gif
NIKE
AIR

Well idk the reason(s) why it's not there...But I would like to see it again on a retro.
But if you were in jb's shoes, Why wouldn't you want your logo to be on your shoe...

23's will have NIKE AIR
Just because Im LOW KEY doesn't mean I have no HEAT!!!
I will buy 1000 cd's for Kanye West

Just some insider info about the charity version. The Jumpman was placed on the heel of THAT version because the Jordan branding on the tongue was removed to make way for the personalization for the child who worked on it. So, to still have the Jordan branding on the upper, it made sense to place it were there was already branding.
. . .and its been this way forever. . .
jtmac33@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom