If Somebody Loves You....Won't they Always Love you...

Originally Posted by its stanley

NO
pimp.gif

Yup. Learned that from my ex the hard way.

Some people love as best they can without ever knowing or understanding how to love unconditionally. They'll say and do all the things that a lover shoulddo, until they find a reason not to. And when you really love someone, there's always gonna be at least one reason not to, but you do it anyway. And that's what separates true love from "Boolove" as I call it. Cause all boos, wifeys and babies ain't in love with you just cuz you think they are or want them to be..

Originally Posted by nightruans

thats interesting, I think I will always love my ex aka first love... its not going anywhere, even if its concealed within me

same here, today is actually the day i cheated on her 1 year ago, in a couple weeks will be the week we broke up :'[

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

One thing I have really started to understand is that once you get to know a partner, personally, physical, and in their philosophy toward the relationship you develop a bond. The longer the bond the more likely you will use the word "love" to define how you feel.

Being in love is what compromises you are willing to make for your partner. Loving another person whom you know you won't marry is accepting that you can't as partners make the compromises necessary to make the relationship work.

If you have a deep bond, you two are equal, and you can't make the day to day stuff work then the compromises have to be laid out.
pimp.gif

i had a bond.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

One thing I have really started to understand is that once you get to know a partner, personally, physical, and in their philosophy toward the relationship you develop a bond. The longer the bond the more likely you will use the word "love" to define how you feel.

Being in love is what compromises you are willing to make for your partner. Loving another person whom you know you won't marry is accepting that you can't as partners make the compromises necessary to make the relationship work.

If you have a deep bond, you two are equal, and you can't make the day to day stuff work then the compromises have to be laid out.
pimp.gif

i had a bond.

QFT.. BFE..........."italisized" for debate. I think laying stuffout can be VERY helpful with certain ppl.

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

i'd like to think so..
i still love everyone i've always loved.. except my most recent ex.. and that's just because she completely changed. i still love the person she used to be, but i'm not even sure that person was even real anymore. i mean so.. as long they haven't changed, i don't get why you/they wouldn't love them/you forever.

Same situation for me too

Originally Posted by Dathbgboy

U can't stop lovin somebody, if u can, u never loved them in the first place. Now the degree of the love can change but not the presence
I would respectfully disagree. People change. (Both yourself and your loved one) The way I see it, you love someone for who "theyare." If they change (drastically, usually character/personality) then how can you say you never truly loved them? You are still in love with who theyonce were, but some change in the person also cut off any love you had left.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Listening to a song and this got me to thinking---is this true? If someone truly loves you, will they always love you? I'm so conceited that I hope everyone who ever loved me still does....even if I don't return the favor. I think back on people who I've told I love them and I don't feel that way about them anymore. I already know at least two times I said it and I shouldn't have, that's my bad
tired.gif
. I was on that cool @#$@ "I only love people who love me back,"
grin.gif
and once somebody said it---I felt obligated to say it back, just, if for no other reason, to be cordial.

If you don't love people who you once did--did you ever really love them? At this juncture, there have been two occasions where I felt really compelled to say it first, regardless of how they felt about me. And those are the two that I still "love." Those are the two that when they get married, unless it's to me, it will be kinda tough (word to Sally) I think even if I'm married, it would still sting. One time I came really close, but I didn't. Wrote it down, but couldn't muster up the courage to go through with it. Prolly wouldn't have changed anything anyway....but I digress.

Now it's 2:40 and I'm sitting here feeling sorry for myself. But the real question I pose to you NT is this:

Where do broken hearts go?
frown.gif

Damn you @bifflawson for getting me all sad
laugh.gif
frown.gif
I'm sorry my song has you feeling all down

It makes me sad because its my real life experience with someone I still have feelings for

"Take it Back" By BiffLawson <-listen to this all my heartbroken ppl
frown.gif

I should call her...but pride wont let me
embarassed.gif

Not true.

I kinda got hate in my heart for my first true love.

The broad literally stepped on, kicked on and broke my heart, so why would I ever wanna help her or deal with her again?

This ain't TV or the movies...in real life people use you for their benefit...and that's what my first true gf/first love did to me.

She used me.

I could care less what happened to her. And I really haven't...There's too many good people in the world to focus on one stupid person.

pimp.gif

Does anyone else have a hard time verbalizing their feelings to someone they love? Everytime I try to it just comes out as a jumbled up, incoherent mess. Ican't exactly put into words why I love someone, I just know it. I hate not being able to completely express my feelings.

Biff....

same chick for both songs? I know if any of mine still felt that way about me, I'd want to know---I don't know why guys wait to say thingsafter the fact
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Ryda421

true love is unconditional

No doubt, but marriage isn't and that's the difference between being in love andloving another person. You can love many women, you can't be in love with more than one. And that's because being in love is dedication, honor, andrespect. You have to be willing to make it work, and honor the bond you share mentally, THEN legally. You have to respect the person and you have to respectyourself.

You have to find an anchor to the relationship. That anchor can be anything, but you have to be conscious of what it is, so that you can determine where therelationship is. If it's strictly physical, you know what it is and it isn't love. If its spiritual, then you might need to explore the other aspects.(personal, and physical.) If its personal and you don't explore the physical, or the spiritual then you are in the friends zone.

It isn't as bad as it seems though, you just have to be conscious of it, and mentally move on. One of those things, personal, physical spiritual can be youloving a person. Being in love is all three, and making the conscious decision to accept a person's faults (to an extent) and compromise those perceivedfaults. If you run around your whole life looking for someone else's idea of perfection, you isn't never gone find it. Develop your own idea of it. Formen: Yeah she don't have a perfect body but she loves me.... She don't cook or clean, but I have the ability to do that.
For women: No he doesn't have that big bank account, but he won't cheat, and he's a man.

All the compromises I speak of are in the material world, I feel that it's unrealistic to talk about a happy relationship without talking about thematerial world

Originally Posted by Juice2352

U can't stop lovin somebody, if u can, u never loved them in the first place. Now the degree of the love can change but not the presence
I would respectfully disagree. People change. (Both yourself and your loved one) The way I see it, you love someone for who "they are." If they change (drastically, usually character/personality) then how can you say you never truly loved them? You are still in love with who they once were, but some change in the person also cut off any love you had left.
I see what you're getting at but you must remember that there's a difference between loving someone and being IN love with someone. Thereis no doubt that u can fall out of love with someone. However, once u love someone, u love them. They may change and u may not like the changes but thatdoesn't stop you from loving them. U still love them, just not their new ways.

It's just like how we are supposed to look at our fellow man who commits acts of crime. U hate the act, not the person.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Biff....

same chick for both songs? I know if any of mine still felt that way about me, I'd want to know---I don't know why guys wait to say things after the fact
smh.gif
same chick
frown.gif

things get complicated Avril Lavigne

Originally Posted by Juice2352

I would respectfully disagree. People change. (Both yourself and your loved one) The way I see it, you love someone for who "they are." If they change (drastically, usually character/personality) then how can you say you never truly loved them? You are still in love with who they once were, but some change in the person also cut off any love you had left.

I agree with this..

Can't believe the majority of ppl in here are saying no.

In short, no. As others have said, and this is key, people change.

I have been married for 2 years. Those 2 years have absolutely flown by. The woman that I fell in love with and married, is not the same woman that I am inlove with today. There have been so many changes in her personality, and I love her for different reasons today than why I fell in love with her to begin with.It happens.

I think the better way of phrasing it is this: people whom have loved, been in love, or been loved by another, have a place reserved in their respectivehearts.

Back
Top Bottom