If Somebody Loves You....Won't they Always Love you...

I got a serious question. What changes? Cause to me once you have loved and I mean really loved, you cant stop loving, you can stop professing it, you canignore it but it doesnt end.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

I got a serious question. What changes? Cause to me once you have loved and I mean really loved, you cant stop loving, you can stop professing it, you can ignore it but it doesnt end.

You speak as if love is some undeniable force that transcends time. The person you loved 5 years ago, is not the same person today. Their cumulative lifeexperiences have molded them into a different person than they were 5 years ago. They might still have the same name, but they might not be the same person onthe inside.

To those of you who are married:

How do you sustain "love" when the average relationship and interest in a person supposedly doesn't last no more than 18 months?

Originally Posted by nanbeezy

To those of you who are married:

How do you sustain "love" when the average relationship and interest in a person supposedly doesn't last no more than 18 months?

thats a good question i cant keep it long enough to wanna marry someone
tired.gif

i have clearly never been in love...because all of my ex's who i thought i loved..i cant stand them! to a point that if they show up at my funeral i wouldturn over in my casket.

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i have clearly never been in love...because all of my ex's who i thought i loved..i cant stand them! to a point that if they show up at my funeral i would turn over in my casket.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

same chick
frown.gif

things get complicated Avril Lavigne

that's why you have 'it's complicated' up there! You big fat phony.

we should start a broken hearts team--who's good at making sigs
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Who wrote the rules of love to say that once you love someone you must always love them?

Does this same "logic" apply to trust? Lust? or any other emotion we can attach to another person? Or do yall subscribe to the idea that love is thisoverpowering special emotion that doesn't follow the normal rules of feelings?

If you love someone I think you can stop loving them. I don't see why it should mean you never loved them. Illogical female talk right there.

Originally Posted by Ryda421

true love is unconditional
Says who?

Conditional love and unconditional love are BOTH true love. How can you say one is more true than the other? Our lives consist of conditional and unconditionallove for the people around us.

Again, another fairy tale response.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Illogical female talk right there.
you +!#*+ %#% %%%%%...first and foremost, the song by whitney was no doubt written by a men ( Frank Wildhorn and Chuck Jackson) And who said "must"??? Don't be putting words there that aren't...it clearly says"won't...." and if you listen to the song, it sounds more like a hope than a actual fact.

And on top of that, plenty of male NT'ers have chimed in saying "yes"

and another thing %#%...I'm not telling, I'm asking.

Sorry, I wasn't calling you out when I said illogical female talk. Sorry you took offense.

It is just many women (majority of women I have spoken to) have these emotionally based ideas of the world that make no sense from a logical standpoint.

So what if the song was written by a man. He knows his target audience (women) will eat it up. It doesn't mean HE believes it because he WROTE a song. Comewith a stronger point.

And so what if many dudes have agreed with it. These dudes wear women's clothing as well. Just because a dude does it doesn't make it any lessfeminine.

I just believe the "If you loved me once, you will always love me" ideology should only be believed by emotionally charged individuals. It justdoesn't make sense.

Love is NO DIFFERENT than any other emotion. Any other emotion can be turned on and turned off. To ignore this FACT means you have an emotional outlook onthings which is why I called it illogical.

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

Illogical female talk right there.
you +!#*+ %#% %%%%%...first and foremost, the song by whitney was no doubt written by a men ( Frank Wildhorn and Chuck Jackson) And who said "must"??? Don't be putting words there that aren't...it clearly says "won't...." and if you listen to the song, it sounds more like a hope than a actual fact.

And on top of that, plenty of male NT'ers have chimed in saying "yes"

and another thing %#%...I'm not telling, I'm asking.
lol she went in!

my girl!
laugh.gif

Sorry, I wasn't calling you out when I said illogical female talk. Sorry you took offense.

It is just many women (majority of women I have spoken to) have these emotionally based ideas of the world that make no sense from a logical standpoint.

So what if the song was written by a man. He knows his target audience (women) will eat it up. It doesn't mean HE believes it because he WROTE a song. Come with a stronger point.

And so what if many dudes have agreed with it. These dudes wear women's clothing as well. Just because a dude does it doesn't make it any less feminine.

I just believe the "If you loved me once, you will always love me" ideology should only be believed by emotionally charged individuals. It just doesn't make sense.

Love is NO DIFFERENT than any other emotion. Any other emotion can be turned on and turned off. To ignore this FACT means you have an emotional outlook on things which is why I called it illogical.
before we go any further....

you ever been in love?

Even though it has NOTHING to do with the discussion (even though you will fallaciously say it does), I will entertain you. I have.

Continue with your point now........

Love is RARELY unconditional....you can stop loving someone. The only love that is unconditional most of the time is that of a mother for her children.

As many people mentioned before. Someone you once loved is STILL a human being. Human being can be very hurtful creatures at certain points. One person canhurt the other from an emotional or physical standpoint to the point where there is no longer love present. That is by no way discrediting the amount of lovethat WAS present BEFORE this chain of events happened. It just means that NOW, there is no longer love in this location.

As I mentioned before, love is an emotion. ALL emotions CAN be turned on/off. Love is no different. It is just placed on a higher pedestal than the majority ofemotions, so we as humans tend to "think" it follows a different rule of law when in fact it doesn't.

So to answer your question, if someone loves you, won't they always love you? Not really.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Love is RARELY unconditional....you can stop loving someone. The only love that is unconditional most of the time is that of a mother for her children.

even that can be debatable. so many callous and crazy people out here.

Even though it has NOTHING to do with the discussion (even though you will fallaciously say it does), I will entertain you. I have.

ok.

so like i said, there have been times where I've said it...and at the time, I really felt like I meant it. But I mean, I don't love them now. So I dothink that "always love" applies to EVERYBODY.

But for those ones who just happen. I mean, I can't shake it...newer guy has been relatively recent so we'llsee where I'm at in a few months but the first guy it has been 2-3 years. I still find myself making sure I look good when he's around and I stilllisten when he talks. He still makes me smile and if he were to tell me right now "I don't love you" it would hurt. It still bothers me when Ifind out he has a girlfriend. Do I wanna get back with him? Not per se....but more so because where he is in life.

that's my point...maybe REAL love is the love that doesn't go away...and what we thought was love wasn't.

This is the point I was trying to make. The VAST majority of love a person has for another person WILL be conditional. So does that NOT make thatlove true? So the only true love is unconditional? I can't agree with that. Much like any other emotion, love has degrees. Level 3 love is just as TRUE aslevel 10 love. It is just reserved for a different person in your life

ok.

so like i said, there have been times where I've said it...and at the time, I really felt like I meant it. But I mean, I don't love them now. So I do think that "always love" applies to EVERYBODY.

But for those ones who just happen. I mean, I can't shake it...newer guy has been relatively recent so we'll see where I'm at in a few months but the first guy it has been 2-3 years. I still find myself making sure I look good when he's around and I still listen when he talks. He still makes me smile and if he were to tell me right now "I don't love you" it would hurt. It still bothers me when I find out he has a girlfriend. Do I wanna get back with him? Not per se....but more so because where he is in life.

that's my point...maybe REAL love is the love that doesn't go away...and what we thought was love wasn't.
Same point. You just replaced the original phrase with REAL love. Everything I said before can be applied here

So youre black and you HAVE been in love.

See how its not that hard to reveal a little about yourself?

i have clearly never been in love...because all of my ex's who i thought i loved..i cant stand them! to a point that if they show up at my funeral i would turn over in my casket.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

same chick
frown.gif

things get complicated Avril Lavigne
that's why you have 'it's complicated' up there! You big fat phony.

we should start a broken hearts team--who's good at making sigs
frown.gif
laugh.gif

it's complicated but im not with her..its just complicated wherever i go all girls are complicated but
pimp.gif

even that can be debatable. so many callous and crazy people out here.

I said most of the time....this is the only thing that comes close to unconditional love. There are a lot of terrible, hateful mothers out there. But only amother more often than not would sacrifice her own well-being for children.

Back
Top Bottom