If The Laney Vs were released today and never before...

Yes you are absolutely right!!
There are plenty of other kicks that would get the same treatment if never were released before such as...
6 Carmines
7 hairs
8 aqua
10 shadow

o n about the thing you said about blue n yellow not going well together, what the %*^$ were you thinking!!! Look at the pic on the left!! It goes togetherperfect!!!

I never really like the laney V CW but I did like that JB dedicated the sneaker for the G.O.A.T's HS!

It's funny how time can make or break a shoe. When the Laney V's came out they sat on shelves. Nobody really knew the significance of the colors exceptfor hardcore Jordan heads. They sat and ultimately were put on clearance shelves everywhere.

Then all of a sudden they became "collectible". This is a perfect example of how a shoe should become hot. Most people that want them now want thembecause you can't really find them anywhere and most people who still have them either wear them as beaters or have them stashed away, like NY GIANTS 11.

It's not really like today where shoe companies are trying to deliberately make shoes "collectible" by making stupid colors and in limitednumbers.

Originally Posted by EMac291

Yes you are absolutely right!!
There are plenty of other kicks that would get the same treatment if never were released before such as...
6 Carmines
7 hairs
8 aqua
10 shadow

o n about the thing you said about blue n yellow not going well together, what the %*^$ were you thinking!!! Look at the pic on the left!! It goes together perfect!!!
You saying NT would not like those shoes?! Carmines and hares have great colors and great color placement. Aqua VIIIs have intresting colors but agreat overall look. The shadow Xs are very simple and I think would be loved if released for the first time today. No hate man, just my opinion.

And I never liked the laney Vs much.

I consider the laney V's one of my grails and i have yet to find a pair in a size 9.5 or 10 for the last year or so..i love the colorway very much..i thinkit would sell out instantly in the retro market this day in time..

I gotta disagree with you. Laneys are up there as one of my fav. jordans. The colors placement is done right so even though the colors are bright theydon't pop too much. The DTRT IIIs have way too much going on. If they would've kept the shoe simple instead of adding hints of green, grey and yellowthey would've been great imo. JB just did a horrible job with all the retro IIIs.

I guess I'm one of the few people that actually like the Laneys. And best believe I would have copped had I been collecting back then...and if I had thefunds
ohwell.gif

I agree that if the laneys were released today they might not be that hot but fact is there werent and please please dont compare them to those stupidspizikes!

if older colorways released like new today people would say theyre garbage

People might say they're garbage because colorways no longer hold significance with JB models.

To me, the Laney V is a good concept which pays tribute to an important part of Jordan's life.

The DTRT III/spizike on the other hand comes off as a forced "theme/concept" that tries to give the shoe meaning.

It's not really like today where shoe companies are trying to deliberately make shoes "collectible" by making stupid colors and in limited numbers.

Spot on.

Like the DTRT's, the meaning is nice, but it doesn't have a place in the Air Jordan legacy.

The bottom line is that genuine inspirations have now been replaced with marketing gimmicks.

At my City Sports store in Boston, you could buy a pair of Laney's for $20 if you purchased another pair of shoes at regular price. Originally, they wereon the $30 rack, but no takers
smile.gif

They are my only pair of Jordans without a speck of red on them. Goes with a warriors jersey too
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Zephyr1983

most of what yall are saying is true, about good colorways and such

but what most people here are forgetting is that back in 2000, people DID hate on the Laney colorway.
i copped my Laneys in august of 2000 for $85 no tax, cuz the seller couldnt get rid of them .
and remember, the Laneys dropped in May, so this colorway sat on the shelf for 4 months before i copped at discount
I definitely remember the hate and how long they sat on the shelves. I never liked them and still don't. However, they got outrageously expensive.It' due to the significance of the Laney colors so I can't hate on people for that if that's why they collect. I just don't like the colors.

dtrt has way too much color in it imo
the laney v has a good color scheme and i like the fact that it was the first one with the 23 on it along with the white silver

No one wanted them when they dropped, although the colorway is nice, most people (before this whole bandwagon I'll buy anything Jordan brand releases to bedown crap) started, wanted only the OG colorways (with the exception of the cool grey 11's). IMO spizikes are garbage no matter the colorway, so you cannotcompare a Jordan V retro to a spizike, they could make a Jordan V in pretty much any colorway and it would still be better than the best colorway of thespizikes.

ill admit.... i passed on them back in the day (our rival high schools colors were blue/yellow), last thing i wanted to do was sport our rivals colors on thebasketball court... i wish i didnt though.. ^^^ i agree with ijapino, sometimes you pass on a shoe and then realize later that you shouldn't have... ohwell, add it to the list

The Laneys were a tribute shoe to MJ`s high school ,

The DTRT shoes were also tributes to Spike lee,

fact of the matter is,

they`re all tribute shoes,

so that doesnt really matter,

now on the other hand,

the Laneys may do very good if they released again because most of us "young kids" are into buying shoes like the V`s because they`re one of the bestjordans created,

DTRT`s??

simply nasty colorway combos,

yes they`re just about the same,

but like boricuachulo321 said,

the V`s have an overall clean look,

and as for the spiz`ikes,

they`res just way to much going on with that inparticular coloway,

thing is,

most older guys who have been collecting since the `80`s,

yall arent gonna buy a shoe with an ugly colorway,

us "young kids",

are gonna buy anything with the word "retro" on the box tag

I would still buy them I was not very smart I trashed the box. So they are piss yellow right now I need some sea glow.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom