If The Laney Vs were released today and never before...

I know damn well I might get flamed here... but...

Everyone would be hating on em. Doesnt the colorway remind you of the DTRT spizikes? What makes the Laneys so special but the DTRT colorways trash? And to bedead honest with y'all, blue and yellow don't go together well IMO.

Discuss...

I think your right however the laneys are sort of a trademark of his highschool now people are juss rokcing fruity colors to match there newest bape hoody.....

I feel like the biggest difference is that Laney V's still have an overall clean look, where as the Spizikes have WAYY too much going on. Also the factthat it's a mostly white sneaker helps out a lot. It's simple and elegant. I dont know if I can say the same for the Spizikes or the DTRT III's.

I also remember that these weren't any trouble to cop when they first came out, so its just either love of the sneaker that grew or just people cherishingolder retroes.

Originally Posted by boricuachulo321

I feel like the biggest difference is that Laney V's still have an overall clean look, where as the Spizikes have WAYY too much going on. Also the fact that it's a mostly white sneaker helps out a lot. It's simple and elegant. I dont know if I can say the same for the Spizikes or the DTRT III's.

I also remember that these weren't any trouble to cop when they first came out, so its just either love of the sneaker that grew or just people cherishing older retroes.

Your right they are very clean and elegant and the color placement on the tongue is beautiful

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

The colors are NOT THAT GREAT.

STEALTH V > LANEY V.

My laneys have been sitting in the box since the day I copped them - 49.99 on clearance!!

^^^ Exactly...

Laney's did poor in comparison to today and even other Retro's back then...everyone could have copped a pair for $50 if they really want them...theproblem is...no one really wanted them...

Same with the White/Silver colorway...

JM

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

They colors are NOT THAT GREAT.

STEALTH V > LANEY V
Couldn't agree more, the Laneys are piss poor along with the white/silver Vs. Looking back on these older V retros, we can see the first DTRTand the first Pure Money shoes.

finally something not about a countdown pk or the 23's. it sort of nice to just post a scenario. with the supply and demand of the Jordan Market so high.it would be a hype.but then again alot of us are stacking up for the 10/13 pk so it might not be a hit like the playoff 8's(which sold crazy) and with theDTRT concept. it depends on which you us it on. im surprised they didnt put out a DTRT 8

I must agree that the Laney colorway is simple and elegant. However, the shoe has a certain "pop" to it that the stealth colorway lacks. Therefore,IMO laneys>>>>stealths. I couldn't get them at clearance prices though because a)mommy and daddy were still buying the shoes for me and gettinga shoe twice was redonculous and b) I couldn't forsee my foot going from a 5 to a 9.

if older colorways released like new today people would say theyre garbage
ex. hares
people would be saying: if i wanted fruity shoes i would buy BAPES, smh JB quit releasin trash!

most of what yall are saying is true, about good colorways and such

but what most people here are forgetting is that back in 2000, people DID hate on the Laneycolorway.
i copped my Laneys in august of 2000 for $85 no tax, cuz the seller couldnt get rid of them .
and remember, the Laneys dropped in May, so this colorway sat on the shelf for 4 months before i copped at discount

Fenix bro. You must be damn bored at home.
I didn't know how can someone think of that?
Yes, you're kinda right.
But gotta be honest, DTRT has a very annoying part, that's the bright yellow.

perfect example of this NT usually hates retro+ shoes but when they saw black and green VIII's on ray allen everyone says they should have released thoseif they released NT would flame it.

everyone hates the retro+'s these days but 5 years ago it wasent like that, i think its mostly about a bunch of 16 year old that are bearly gettin in theshoe game, and everyone hates on the new shoes so that this younger generation wont cop them

It's over saturation of retros. There's so many releases in such close proximity that even good color ways can go unnoticed and 'bad' colorways, depending upon personal preference of course, will blend in to the general public. I think this happens a lot.

I don't know if I even really answered your question though, sorry...

I believe they carry their appeal for the same reason SVSM Lebrons carry their appeal.

My laneys have been sitting in the box since the day I copped them - 49.99 on clearance!!

eek.gif

You paid $49.99,
eek.gif

I got my pair for $29.99, clearance, at WSS in SoCal. The good ol' days.

These are and always will be ugly to me. The only non originial V retros that I liked were the Olives and Black/Caro's.

I got my pair for $29.99, clearance, at WSS in SoCal. The good ol' days.
I miss does days.
ohwell.gif

WSS was the sshh.... back then. I remember the Mocha III's being $59.99, and Blk/Silver low top VI's for $69.99.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

I know damn well I might get flamed here... but...

Everyone would be hating on em. Doesnt the colorway remind you of the DTRT spizikes? What makes the Laneys so special but the DTRT colorways trash? And to be dead honest with y'all, blue and yellow don't go together well IMO.

Discuss...

man trust me i KNOW where you coming from.... these guys on here HATE almost everything. i mean i didn't like DTRT at all but they even hated burgundyV's! cmon ignorant b*tches!

Originally Posted by southzeztpdot

NT is a forum full of hypocrits on ideas like shoes. 99% of these people were hypebeast of the past.

That would include you, no?

There cool because there his high school colorway.But yea there not the greatest shoe.But there V's and the fives are one of the best shoes and if not thebest.

Back
Top Bottom