If they retroed the HUARACHE 2k4, how many of yall would cop? (GR colorways)

I absolutely love these shoes, but I must say to retro them now would be a little too early.

Originally Posted by acts65

2k4_blk_gry.jpg

I have the blk/yellow laser, wht laser and laker laser as well but I like the blk/grey the best.

blk/grey is my fav too but before they switched it to nubuck

I didn't mean I wanted them retroed right away...I was just thinking if Nike were to do so in about 3-4 years from now

I was honestly confused with ur post at first, really wanted to say u realize the laser 2k4s are out right but I know what you mean, regarding the non-lasercolorways. Those gray one's are nice, I regret no bidding on a pair on e-bay months ago at $25
devil.gif
...I have all the lasers besides the lakers color-wayand the white/silver color-way, I'm still looking for both of them at a decent price (11.5-12) so if anyone let me know. Here are mine...wore mygray/white/royal blue one's to the ground...my black/gray are NDS, love them and hurts to wear them cuz they look to pretty
laugh.gif
. Loved them so much I gota pair of PEs too
happy.gif

such a sleak shoe.

Originally Posted by V1nsanity3

I'll say it again
I'd rather see a shox BB4 Retro lol.
But I'd jump on some of the Huaraches I missed out on for sure!
Me too. Theres a few early 2000 basketball shoes id like to see retrod before the 2k4s, like the 2k3s, vc 2 & 3, bb4s.... but i wouldnt turndown a 2k4 retro. i loved that shoe when it first came out, had the blk/grey colorway. i have a pair of the blk/yellow laser

none...and you act like they have been gone for 4 years...they were just available last season. if you wanted more pairs you shoulda bought them lol.

I'd still love a pair of the grey/blue OG colorway. Those are so money. I picked up the navy/white/red for $16.80 on clearance at Footlocker. Best $16.80 Iever spent.

Originally Posted by mt3130

none...and you act like they have been gone for 4 years...they were just available last season. if you wanted more pairs you shoulda bought them lol.

How am I acting like they have been gone for years?
indifferent.gif

And nice collection sarteaga, but that white pair you have are straight beat
sick.gif

I <3 2k4's.

Ran through a couple of pairs of the Black/Silver joints, still have one NDS pair that I wear sparingly. I also went through the Red/White and Blue jointsposted in here.

smokin.gif
smokin.gif
I would cop 2 of each colorway released.

Originally Posted by bundy9

i would definitely cop....i loved my OT pack versions...lovely shoe to ball in. too bad they couldnt last forever,.....but i think the Hyperdunk's are a reincarnation of them. First thing I noticed when i saw the HD's were that they slightly resembled the 2K4's and go figure it was another shoe inspired by Kobe. I think with the flood of HD's on the market it would be difficult to see 2K4's anytime soon, especially after all the re-released versions that came out recently/...

was i the only one to see a slight resemblance ?...

huarache_2k4_ot.jpg
hyperdunk_blk_blk_ant.jpg

huarache_2k4_ot_7.jpg
hyperdunk_blk_blk_ant_10.jpg

imo, HD's are the modern day 2K4's...especially with al the CW's etc...

You sir are correct.. I don't know why many more people didn't make this connection. I thought it was merely a shoe that worked well for themespecially with the Marketing Behind it so they revamped it and did it again...

^yes-i bossman!.... but truly they are a really lovely shoe. I'm surprised they have been around for so long actually. But it would be difficult to bringthem back because they were so popular and did so well (Raja Bell would agree to that- and if you noticed he's now switched to the HD's, i guess it toa lesser extent validates my earlier post) with all the CW's and the nikeID's, so that's exactly why they're still on shelves (e.g eastbay) andwill take a while b4 a buzz is created around them again, beause it sold so well back then. definitely a top shoe of this decade and possible a new-age classicand could fall in-line with other timeless classics like the cortez and AF1...

I believe "retro-ing" them anytime soon (meaning like with a 5yr period) would be a bad decision as i believe it would just be a waste of marketingand merchandise.....

no doubt...the 2k4s are straight cLassics...too bad these werent the "officiaL" kobes same goes for the 2k5s...i have the aLL-star 2k4 versionwith kobe on the back and i have the joints with bLack/purpLe 2k4s ones with kobe on it too...but these are dope
pimp.gif
...did you get them on kb24.com?

i know that PYS.com is still selling all the lasers, so how long ago did nike stop making 2k4s? or did the lasers come recently way after the original?

i have the LA all-stars but i never had the heart to wear em n i have white on whites that i wear but they yellowing like forget about it i need me them blackn gray ones and maybe the kobe white n baby blues

I'd pass easy. If I didn't scoop any of the laser colorways on sale, I'm definitely passing on any GR colorways.

I can understand how these are such a classic, but they weren't that special to me. Great performance shoes and all, but I couldn't see myself pickingup multiple pairs.

The only performance basketball shoe I'm waiting for Nike to retro are Jetflights and Zoom Drives.

Originally Posted by caLiwestcoast1

no doubt...the 2k4s are straight cLassics...too bad these werent the "officiaL" kobes same goes for the 2k5s...i have the aLL-star 2k4 version with kobe on the back and i have the joints with bLack/purpLe 2k4s ones with kobe on it too...but these are dope
pimp.gif
...did you get them on kb24.com?

Nah man, these didn't come out on kb24.com. Found them on e-bay about 6 months ago, great price for them too. These are the VIVO PE 2K4s.

Is the 2k4 really that shoe? I mean over and over i hear about the shoe being the Jesus of ball shoes.Of course the reason i am asking i don't own apair ,never did. I have the OT 2k5's it's a pretty good shoe. For those that have played in both,which is the best between the two? And like someonesaid before,could it be due to the fact that it was Kobe's first"unoffical" shoe. If the shoe is that good i will cop.Last ? and i'm out isthere anything that yall don't like about the 2k4? Thanks NT FAM.

i cant stand my 2k4's, the cusioning is junk compared to the ZK3 and HD

i just got another pair of 2K5 OT's i love those beasts

Originally Posted by no vert

Is the 2k4 really that shoe? I mean over and over i hear about the shoe being the Jesus of ball shoes.Of course the reason i am asking i don't own a pair ,never did. I have the OT 2k5's it's a pretty good shoe. For those that have played in both,which is the best between the two? And like someone said before,could it be due to the fact that it was Kobe's first"unoffical" shoe. If the shoe is that good i will cop.Last ? and i'm out is there anything that yall don't like about the 2k4? Thanks NT FAM.
Personally, I'd take the 2K5. 2K4 was a bit too firm for me, and I still got a little bit of slippage at the forefoot.

I think the 2K4 is more durable though, and better suited for extended outdoor play. I like the 2K5 because it's a bit softer, and more comfortable forme. Although I don't like the lacing system on both shoes, where the laces go down by your ankle.

My opinion is that if you have a shoe you like, stick with it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I've tried a lot of different shoes because I waslooking for THAT shoe, and I've come to realize I was disappointed more than not, only because I had such high expectations because of reviews and whatpeople said. No shoe could ever deliver on that.

Back
Top Bottom