If 'Ye Was To Die Tonight, Where Would You Rank Him?

IMO he top 5-8 His contributions to the game as a whole need to be taken into consideration. This is one of the only dudes I can think of in hip-hop or rap whohas a huge mainstream following and respect from backpackers and elitists. (IMO) As a producer, rapper, and character, he's basically been the face ofhip-hop since Late Registration. His first album only dropped 5 years ago and he's made it ok to not rap about drugs and violence. Discuss..

Hes pretty high cause old Ye is my shhhh.

But death would have him ranked higher cause he would stop declining which he RAPIDLY is
tired.gif

My bad for not having paragraphs on the post, I'm in my bb and couldn't tell.

Well here the thing, people put Pac up top 5 but imo, Kanye has a stronger library and stronger albums as a whole than 2Pac.

And I'm a HUGE 2Pac fan.

People take his whole character into consideration when they rank him top 5. I'm sayin why can't they do the same for Ye? Especially because Ye hasproduced hella records and jumped on hella features.

I've never liked anybody's music and approach more. So, #1...

(This is not his rank in the "Greatest Rapper" discussion. But as a person making music, he's #1)

As an artist an in hip hop I have him next to Andre 3K for number 1

As a rapper maybe top 25

Originally Posted by JR Paperstacks

I've never liked anybody's music and approach more. So, #1...

(This is not his rank in the "Greatest Rapper" discussion. But as a person making music, he's #1)

For real, I'd have him near the top somewhere

As a rapper he might not even make my top 50 but I'd say for now yea cuz his early work was good and entertaining. As an artist he'd make my top 30-40,I happen to not like 808s much and Graduation was slightly disappointing but overall from a musical standpoint it wasn't a complete fall off

he has been on top of one the weakest eras of hip hop

he's not top anything; if i tried to rank him, i would lose count.

Ye point blank top 10. If he comes out with a album of him spitting like College Dropout on that 3 stacks "I've done a bunch of no rap but musicstuff, but trust when it comes to rapping I'm still a force" (i.e any verse he did since idlewild[which I still like]) then man he will be top 5 doa.

Originally Posted by bboy1827

Ye point blank top 10. If he comes out with a album of him spitting like College Dropout on that 3 stacks "I've done a bunch of no rap but music stuff, but trust when it comes to rapping I'm still a force" (i.e any verse he did since idlewild[which I still like]) then man he will be top 5 doa.
If my @+!. Ye aint never did that and I doubt he's capable of it at this point in his rap career. When was this $##%% ever a force in rap?Lets keep it real ppl were impressed cuz they thought he was solely a producer. As a stand alone rapper his rhymes is above average with a clever entertainingwit to it at times more so before he got on than his 1st two albums.

So now we're doing this rating %$+! based off of artists' hypothetical deaths?

This ranking rampage has been out of hand for awhile now, but this is just stupid.

A person like him with one good album(college dropout) Semi weak(Late Registration) & two wack(Graduation & 808s & Heartbreak) shouldn't beranked in the top 50

i don't really do rankings, but most definitely ranks higher as an artist than he does as a rapper.

i'm biased, he had the most important contributions to hip-hop, this decade...

top 15.

Back
Top Bottom