If you are Stockpiling J's on Credit, BEWARE!! You're Losing

LMAO...this is garbage man, no offense, but its staright basura. Why would you wait 6 years to pay off $150??? This is just silly man, seriously. If you can't pay $150 by the end of a few months, you have NO business buying ANY shoes, period. Your breakdowns are basically nonsense, because your assuming someone is going to put the shoes on a credit card and not pay for them for 6 years while letting the interest add up. Who does that? If you don't have the dough at the time, you put them on the card and pay them off monthly. You don't put them on the card and let it sit there and accrue interest for 6 years until you decide to sell the shoes. That makes absolutely no sense, lol. If people are doing that, then well, they have no idea how to handle credit, and should not own a credit card.

Quote:
You make a lot of sense
:smh:
smh.gif
Sincerely,
Skitzo​

I think cdynasty24 is making an example. I don't think he thinks it'll take 6 years to pay off $150.
Looking for DTRT III, Last Shot XIV, Cinder XIV, Fire Red III, Olive IX, Cool Grey IV, Chambray VII, Citrus VII, Bred XIII, Cool Grey IX and Ginger XVI in sz 16.

I WAS IN DEBT $5,500 3 YEARS AGO AND PAID IT OFF IN 5 MONTHS AND IT WAS ALL ON JORDANS... SOME KIDS NEED TO WISE UP. I AM BLESSED TO HAVE PARENTS THAT HAVE THEIR OWN BUSINESSES.. IF IT WERENT FOR THEM I'D BE BARELY FINISHED. I HAVE A SERIOUS GIRL ON MY SIDE AND IM LOOKING FOR HOUSES NOW. JORDANS ARE ON THE BACK OF MY MIND NOW DAYS. EXCEPT SOME JAYS..
NIKE Talking Since
'94

the fact of the matter is, retroes releasing these days wont get to where the 99-03 retroes are now.

so if you want to hold on to some kicks for 5-7 years only to make $50-$100, be my guest, but there are better ways to invest.
"2002/2003 - The Last Year Brand Jordan actually used "real leather" on their products."-BabyJordan0312​

Team Disgruntled​

The only reason I even use my credit card to buy j's is for the rewards points...rewards points means free giftcards if you reach a certain number. If not for those, I don't see the point on buying with a credit card. If you have to use a credit card for an item worth $150-175, maybe you shouldn't buy it in the first place...

I use my credit card for the sole purpose of boosting my credit score, plus, I no longer carry money

Even tho I'll have the physical money at hand, I charge it instead and pay it off at months end when the bill arrives

If people don't have physical money or won't have it in time for the bill then they need not to charge items, it's common sense

What people really need to stop doing is paying for everything with their debit card without ever using their credit card
If money didn't change you, YOU'RE NOT MAKING ENOUGH!!!

your math makes sense, but thats only accurate if you're paying the minimum payment on your cards. Paying off the minimum is the best way credit card companies make their money. They instituted that (they lowered it from 5% to 2%) so that people would pay off less, thus make them pay more interest.

If you are a revolver, (someone who doesn't pay everything off each month), then you definitely need to sell shoes at higher prices.

Quote:
I think cdynasty24 is making an example. I don't think he thinks it'll take 6 years to pay off $150

Thanks, raptors29! Nothing to get sensitive about, just something to keep in mind.

When I was younger, I knew I didn't think about things this way, and got caught up, but I learned early enough to get a handle on things!

suspencewu - You are exactly right, but I worked in a bank, and you would be surprised how many people actually thought that paying the minimum was good!

Both of the posts had conditions and both were confusions.

1) People buy what they can afford, credit = money. But most cats do not know how to utilize that credit. Obviously how can you barely make it month to month and buy loads on credit? Obviously people are capable of paying their debt. And those that fall into bad credit and debt are those that cannot budget, or keep their finances in check (PERIOD). It has nothing to do with earning a return on Js.

2) The assumption is that people are buying to STOCK and SELL. Sorry, but this only applies to some. Most people buy 1 to stock, 1 to rock. Some even to rock later on, knowing they will not find the same shoe released by JB. If you've ever known by now, the Js retroed are getting more @#%$ and getting less appeal both in the design, shape, material, etc.

It boils down to money management and credit spending. Again, if you cannot even manage, shoes are the least of your problems. I buy on credit because I use it to build my credit, use it to organize my expenses.

SMH at people trying to lecture. Youse guys must be thinking NT is filled with dumb cats, and I agree, there's kids, but also many smart people.
-----
It is harsh !

I never get charged finance charges on my credit card, I always get cc that has a promotion that has no APR for 1year(or more). Then when the promotion ends I get a new card with that same promotion and do a balance transfer. :D
happy.gif

I'm no collector. I buy jordans with cash only or with my debit card. Now that i have a credit, i will use it for credit purposes. I need to build my credit. I will not buy j's with my credit card if i do not have the cash ready. But someone taking years to pay off $150 is ridiculous.
SF GIANTS & 49ERS

Very good thread.... Sometimes, when you really like the J, no cash, you would really do anything to buy it, use credit card, then you realize later that you cannot afford to pay it off immediately. Then your debt starts.... but even though people realize it, they still keep on doing it.....

that goes for alot of stuff man not just jays lol, plus if you want to invest, dont invest in shoes lol remember there is a world outiside of shoes......credit cards suck in general but theyre a neccasity in the US, whoes gonna trust you with cars or a house or anything without that 3 digit score....use mutual funds, and the money you get back BUY JORDANS!!
AIM:Asal420 Email:M3maniac03@yahoo.com
*BAYAREA*
150+ jordans, sz 10
***LOOKING 4 JORDAN SHIRTS SZ XXL**

Quote:
If I didn't have the cheese, I would throw the additional kicks on a card (average percentage of a credit card APR is 20/21%).

Quote:
2013: Price is $447 (Do you really think that you can sell your Flips for $447...ever?)

wait wait wait wait wait... you're telling me that if you put a purchase on your credit card and DON'T pay the credit card bill, you'll lose a lot of money to the interest? Is this something you've tried? Really? Amazing! I can't believe it! Thanks for clarifying credit card loan policies for me! Incredible!
turn the music up
turn me down

we are in a day and age were if people pend 140 on their credit card... its usually paid off before any interest is charged... if it is honestly taking you 6 years to pay off some flips at 140 retail... you should just get out of the game... no need to flame but... i use my cc for two pair of releases i like and its usually paid off before the shoes ever get a crease in them...

LMAO at the people in this thread who actually think this makes any sense, and is in the least bit helpful.
Sincerely,​

Skitzo​

I don't think it should be held against him if he buys one pair to wear and another to save/sell later on. There's a difference between that and being a "reseller". He isn't being greedy about it.
Nice post. I think some people needed this put into perspective.

And I don't think people are understanding his point. If you pay any attention to consumer finances analysis, YES... the majority of people in the U.S. with a credit card have an outstanding balance. The average a few years ago was above $2000. There is no question that this figure has risen. The original poster is saying to the people with this outstanding balance... you add that initial $150 and always maintain a balance, this is how much interest is accrued. The fact is... most people don't think about it. They just pull out the plastic and continue making the minimum payment.

Back
Top Bottom