If you ball Hasheem Thabeet has likely already blocked you.

Wondering how people think he will be as a pro.

Currently averaging 13.5 ppg, 10.7 reb, with 4.4 blk and 65% from the field. (8 in the current game).

Yeah, he's a lot bigger than the competition but at 7'3" 270lbs he's still pretty big in the pros.

He's got very solid defensive instincts for someone who's played only 4 years of organized ball.

Especially this season he's done a much better job of not leaving his feet for everything.

i also noticed today that while his j is currently non existent, he's got surprisingly fluid mechanics that it leave potential for enough improvement tobe a guy who can knock down an open 10-15 footer.

i dont think he'll ever be a major offensive threat, but defensively i think he could own the paint in the NBA for the next decade.

If he ends up with OKC...my goodness. A front line of 6-10, 6-9, and 7-2 is a problem.

i have the feeling hell get pushed around like a rag doll by the premier nba centers......hes got good instincts but he plays soft.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

If he ends up with OKC...my goodness. A front line of 6-10, 6-9, and 7-2 is a problem.
OKC would be the best place for him. Just block/alter shots, get rebounds and finish around the rim.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

i dont think he'll ever be a major offensive threat, but defensively i think he could own the paint in the NBA for the next decade.
Same way I feel about him. His defense alone will make him a valuable commodity in the NBA for years to come as long as he's healthy.

if sam dalembert can be effective, hasheem will be a solid pro, right?

I love it that the center position is coming back. The days of Ewing, Hakeem, and a young Shaq were so much fun to watch. Not saying he's anything comparedto them, but if he continues to develop along with Bynum, and the Lopez dude in NJ the future is bright.

Originally Posted by DMan14

if sam dalembert can be effective, hasheem will be a solid pro, right?

dalembert can run the floor very well. thebeat can't do this

thebeat getting rejected by karengody=
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by realtalkitsDC

i have the feeling hell get pushed around like a rag doll by the premier nba centers......hes got good instincts but he plays soft.
Yao Ming and Dwight Howard. There are no premier centers.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Haven't they drafted enough black athletic/shot blocking centers in the last few years
laugh.gif

Or Sene Sene either right?

I hope he isn't but if I was OK, I wouldn't draft him because of the bad luck I have had drafting similar players

He has good instincts, but he cannot run the floor to well... even in a halfcourt set, he hardly moves around...

I think he gets so much hype because he towers over teams that dont have big men of his height, pause

Plus Greg Munroe and Blair gave him work, which leads me to think that if he doesnt toughen up, he wont be around long...

I don't think he'll beast in the NBA tho...

he gets so much hype because he towers over teams that dont have big men of his height, pause

you really felt insecure enough to have to type 'pause' after using the term 'big men'?

damn that's actually pretty pathetic.

he actually needs to improve overall on the defensive side IMO.
although he has much improved in this area he still has to keep his feet on the floor more. like he doesnt realize he's 7'3" with apterodactyl wingspan.

he seems to think he needs to leap extra high to block everything.

he'll often jump and just end up out of position to make any sort of play.

but at the same time he makes an impact just by being on the floor.

ive routinely seen players pull up a fast break just because he was the sole defender back.

he also alters countless shots and many teams just shy away from the paint when he's in the game.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Or Sene Sene either right?

I hope he isn't but if I was OK, I wouldn't draft him because of the bad luck I have had drafting similar players
Petro, Sene, Swift...all never were all american in colleges and were virtual unknows coming into the NBA. We know what Thabeet can do andhe's more athletic and is coming in with a bigger pedigree than all of them.

he still has to keep his feet on the floor more.
exactly. But that's how Uconn wants their bigs to play, block everything.

hopefully he breaks those habits.

I think he can and should impact the game more than he does on that side of the floor.

Offensively, still a work in progress.

Whats his weak side block % vs. the strong side block %?

Almost everything he gets is from the weak side...which doesn't come to often in the NBA...due to the paint being more open than it is in college.

He will be a good defender. Off the bat he is going to look like dog crap though...but once he figures it out he will really tough.

Offensively he doesn't have the footwork and is a straight project that could turn out either good or bad.

This only reason people talk about him is because this draft class is weak. Hes going to be avg at best.

Originally Posted by avid Boss

I'm not comparing the two, but didn't Timmy D have little ball experience in Wake Forest.

Timmy didnt hoop til he was like 13 when his pool got destroyed, he was a swimmer. I dont think Phelps wants it with Timmy.

Back
Top Bottom