If you ball Hasheem Thabeet has likely already blocked you.

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

hasnt he only been playin hoops for like 5 years, I swear NTrs act like they are gods at everything

No way
eek.gif
is this really true????

Originally Posted by 80JerryRice80

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

hasnt he only been playin hoops for like 5 years, I swear NTrs act like they are gods at everything

No way
eek.gif
is this really true????

played for the first time when he was 15 or 16

this would be only his 5th year on an organized team.

i knew Thabeet was the Big East DPOY last season but apparently he was also the National Defensive Player of the Year.

#2 pick in this years draft. Will lead the league in blocks and avg. 10+ rebounds after a few years seasoning.

Thabeet is slow getting up and down the court and not particularly mobile in a half-court set, but he has great instincts. Given his skill set, I predict hewill put up a line similar to Shawn Bradley's best years (which are considerably underrated). However, because Thabeet is stronger and quicker than thesuper-slow Shawn Bradley, he should be able to grab a few more rebounds (although Bradley's per-minute rebounding numbers in his peak years are not bad atall), but their block totals should be about the same because although Thabeet is quicker and has better instincts, Bradley was much longer at 7'6".

By his 2nd year in the NBA, Thabeet could reasonably average 12 pts, 9.5 rbs, and 3.4 blk (which would be enough blocks to lead the NBA in 4 of past 5seasons).

Here are Shawn Bradley's stats from his 3-year "prime" :

[table][tr][td]Season[/td] [td]Min[/td] [td]Pts[/td] [td]Rbs[/td] [td]Ast[/td] [td]TO[/td] [td]Stl[/td] [td]Blk[/td] [td]FG%[/td] [td]FT%[/td] [td]PF[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1995-96 [/td] [td]29.5[/td] [td]11.9[/td] [td]8.1[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]2.3[/td] [td]0.6[/td] [td]3.6[/td] [td]0.443[/td] [td]0.687[/td] [td]3.6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1996-97 [/td] [td]31.3[/td] [td]13.2[/td] [td]8.4[/td] [td]0.7[/td] [td]1.8[/td] [td]0.5[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [td]0.449[/td] [td]0.654[/td] [td]3.2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1997-98 [/td] [td]28.5[/td] [td]11.4[/td] [td]8.1[/td] [td]0.9[/td] [td]1.5[/td] [td]0.8[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [td]0.422[/td] [td]0.722[/td] [td]3.3[/td] [/tr][/table]

I don't see how he can't break any bad habits he's still in college. He can learn a lot in the pros and develop more.

As a Conn fan I doubt he will ever devlop a very good offensive game, but he will be servicable in the L as a defensive center (which many teams could use).

i dont think he will be that great of a defender as y'all are claiming him to be... at least not in his 1st 3 seasons, unless he starts to put up someserious weight.. he's so skinny he makes durant look like lebron james.. and players are so much stronger in the pros than in college

Yeah he's OD skinny but he has the length and instincts to make some plays on the defensive end.

I can see him getting pushed around though on the offensive side of the ball, but shoot if Bardley can avg damn near a double double for 3 years I'm surehe can hold his own eventually.
laugh.gif

you have a point, but still if i was him, i'd started bodybuilding now, before the draft and add at least 20 to 25 pounds on that anorexic frame of his

come on now ....

this dude is like mutombo plus some offensive post moves.

that's a deadly combo.

ppl think he's that slow and all that.

but he's prolly the fastest quickest 7'3 i've seen. he's legit 7'3 with long wingspan, unlike yao with short arms.

he will be effective.

he'll be the only player that will give yao ming trouble.

Oden't know how he will do in the pros. I just hope that people don't hype him to be a great big man who will dominate the league and a sure thingRookie Of the Year but he turns out to be not nearly as good as people expected.

Originally Posted by SEVEN654THREE

u never know how it translate to the nba. imo hell be similar to greg oden.
I know dude looks like he's been in the league 10, err 20 years, but he's still a rookie.

I think he's got potential to be great, probably a great presence down low defensively, and a lot of teams can use that.

I want Thabeet instead of Griffin and Rubio, I think the Kings need a big defensive player like him.

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Oden't know how he will do in the pros. I just hope that people don't hype him to be a great big man who will dominate the league and a sure thing Rookie Of the Year but he turns out to be not nearly as good as people expected.

What you did there,

I sees it.

greg-oden-dancing.jpg

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

come on now ....

that's a deadly combo.

but he's prolly the fastest quickest 7'3 i've seen. he's legit 7'3 with long wingspan, unlike yao with short arms.

he will be effective.

Howard?

He'll be Great? The only reason people talk about him is because this draft class is weak (weakest since 2000 IMO). Hes going to be a little better thanavg at best just like a majority of all the other lottery picks this year, with the only star coming out of this years draft being Griffin.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

come on now ....

that's a deadly combo.

he will be effective.

Howard?

He'll be Great? The only reason people talk about him is because this draft class is weak (weakest since 2000 IMO). Hes going to be a little better than avg at best just like a majority of all the other lottery picks this year, with the only star coming out of this years draft being Griffin.
Regardless of the draft class, him and Blake would go high is almost any draft (there's some obvious exceptions though). People aren'tgonna bypass a player that big with the skill set he has.

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

come on now ....

that's a deadly combo.

he will be effective.

Howard?

He'll be Great? The only reason people talk about him is because this draft class is weak (weakest since 2000 IMO). Hes going to be a little better than avg at best just like a majority of all the other lottery picks this year, with the only star coming out of this years draft being Griffin.

first of all, howard cannot guard yao to save his daughter. howard is no where close to being 7. he's a legit 6'9 3/4.

so are you saying mutombo was a little better than AVG? fall back.

Back
Top Bottom