If you could go back to the drawing board with ONE sig, which one would it be?

Why do you think the "golden age" of retros started? Look at what else people had to choose from. Also, why so much XXI hate?

XV were dope...in the Flint Grey and the black and red colorway. Personally I'd re-do the X's

Top 5 do-overs for me:

5: The XVs
4: The XVs
3: The XVs
2: The XVs
1: The XVs

These things were hideous on so many levels!! I couldn't stand these and still can't to this day! Other than those, I'd say the Xs could have stood out a little more, and maybe the IIs, but they've grown on me over the years.

Originally Posted by LaceLocka

XV were dope...in the Flint Grey and the black and red obsidian colorway. Personally I'd re-do the X's
Fixed

I would also just leave the toe cap on the X's.

I'd like the XIX's lace cover to actually be supportive like it was intended. On most pairs, the shroud just sorta bubbled up instead of constricting to the shape of the shoe.

i love the 15's and if i had to re do a sig it would be the 20's the soles were comfy but the strap was annoying i remember seeing people cutting off the strap because it was in the way

the only sig i absolutely refuse to buy is the xviii. the shape, the squares on the back, the vents and the plastic bits from the viii just thrown in all make for a complete aesthetic failure. i hate everything about the look of that shoe. absolutely everything.

Originally Posted by JwalkinSOB

Top 5 do-overs for me:

5: The XVs
4: The XVs
3: The XVs
2: The XVs
1: The XVs

These things were hideous on so many levels!! I couldn't stand these and still can't to this day! Other than those, I'd say the Xs could have stood out a little more, and maybe the IIs, but they've grown on me over the years.
Cosign that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Another vote for the XV. I wouldn't change the look, but it's a pity the shoe didn't have the performance to back up its appearance and price tag.

Originally Posted by Cadwallader

The Air Jordan XV is a beautiful shoe. I'm not one to disrespect anyone on a matter of opinion, but where were all you guys when these released??? Back in 2000 I don't recall anyone saying that these were ugly. >

Plenty of people said they were ugly, but not me.

well actually I got four: the 15s, the 16s, 11 low-tops (OGs), and the 2010s.

15s- would smooth out some of those rough looking lines on the outside, and cut out that "hanging tongue" action and just give it a fit that would actually conform to your foot.

16s- actually a pretty nice shoe, if they would had just left that dumb shroud off.
sick.gif
 To me it just kills the flow of the overall look of the shoe. Plus, it really didn't serve any performance purpose anyway.

11 lowtops (OGs)- wasn't feelin the elephant print/holes on these back then, not feelin them now.
sick.gif
 They should have just put that smooth patent leather on them like the did with the midtops, or either like they did with the '01 retro lowtops. It woulda gave the OG lowtops a much cleaner, smoother look. 
happy.gif

2010s- great performance shoe, and designwise had great potential....but who thought of that oogly ole window in the middle of that shoe? What were you thinking, Tinker Hatfield?
eyes.gif

XV.

I've no beef with the looks... but when a shoe looks like that, it has to have the performance to back it up.

It didn't, and if the tongue was adjustable, people may have warmed to it a bit more.

That said, the XV SE was revisionist, and a cynical exercise.

Yeah, Jb are all about pushing the envelope.... until people vote with their wallets, then they'll try to rewrite their history in a flash.

1.10's,even jordan himself doesnt like these,I like the city series but everything else was doodoo
2.20's,look like some high heel women shoe crap
3.22's,boring payless looking shoe
4.2k9's,not as special as they could be
5.2010's,only seen dwayne wade wear a pair,too pricey to be that ugly

Originally Posted by jreese44

.....the XV's, XVII's are tough, but they are a narrow shoe, the 2010's, and XXI's through XXIII's (those were all horrible and I will never purchase a pair)

Ummm......XXIII???? You are sorely mistaken sir. XXIII's are extremely well crafted and executed. Only ONE colorway of that shoe was trash. The White/Stealth.

Back
Top Bottom