If you could go back to the drawing board with ONE sig, which one would it be?

Originally Posted by Sneak King

Originally Posted by jreese44

.....the XV's, XVII's are tough, but they are a narrow shoe, the 2010's, and XXI's through XXIII's (those were all horrible and I will never purchase a pair)

Ummm......XXIII???? You are sorely mistaken sir. XXIII's are extremely well crafted and executed. Only ONE colorway of that shoe was trash. The White/Stealth.
I kindly agree and disagree with you.

Agree, that XXIII were extremely well crafted and executed.
Sadly, jreese44 is missing out on XXIII.

Disagree on calling out white/stealth trash cw, imo the white/black-vred cw is trash.
But we're all entitled to our own opinion(s).

XV's, 18s are amazing
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Cadwallader

Originally Posted by Mr718

Ya'll are buggin
Air-Jordan-15-Original-OG-Flint-Grey-White-uvZv.jpg

pimp.gif

I'm glad that someone said it. The Air Jordan XV is a beautiful shoe. I'm not one to disrespect anyone on a matter of opinion, but where were all you guys when these released??? Back in 2000 I don't recall anyone saying that these were ugly. In that year I saw more people with these than retros. This was the last sig that had any kind of life span before the retro craze took over that still hasn't ended till this day (yes kiddies, there was actually a time where people preferred the newest Air Jordan models over retros). The year 2000 was the death of sig (new models) and the golden age of the retro.
Very true about the newest sigs being more popular than Retros before 2001.
I also agree that the XVs are a nice shoe...I used to hoop in all my Jordans and thats why I loved em, XVs are hands down top 5 to hoop in IMO.

But to re-create my own I have 5 that I would do.  The 2s, 10s, 18s, 21s, and 2009

Originally Posted by Cadwallader

I'm glad that someone said it. The Air Jordan XV is a beautiful shoe. I'm not one to disrespect anyone on a matter of opinion, but where were all you guys when these released??? Back in 2000 I don't recall anyone saying that these were ugly. In that year I saw more people with these than retros. This was the last sig that had any kind of life span before the retro craze took over that still hasn't ended till this day (yes kiddies, there was actually a time where people preferred the newest Air Jordan models over retros). The year 2000 was the death of sig (new models) and the golden age of the retro.
I do.  These sat on shelves in NYC.  Most ppl I knew, myself included,  found these ugly.  Especially dropping right after the XIV, which I consider one of the best looking sigs.  The fact that MJ didnt wear these didnt help their cause.

I will admit, they have grown on me over the years and now I love them.

I'm still surprised by all the hate for the XV. I personally think they were quite impressive, and I love my retro XVs. I'm also surprised by the number of people saying they would redo the XX2s. I thought they were great! If I were going to redo any numbered Jordan, it would be the XIX. The XIX had some cool concepts, but they looked ridiculous. Just my opinion...no disrespect to those of you who like the XIX. I just never cared for them.

I love the XV Low's, but the XV Mid's should've been the XV SE.

The SE's were nice, sans the B.S. lasering on a few colorways.

starting with the 3s i think all the jordans where very distinctive and had a lot of character. You didn't need to see the jumpman you could just look at the shoe and tell it was an AJ. I think it was like that from 3-20, excluding the 18. the 23brought them back on track then the 2009 knocked them off again. So the ones are i would change are then ones that don't feel like AJs. what i would do is...

XV- I would leave them alone, i personally hate them but i think they have their place in the AJ shoe history. Whether you think they're clean or fugly i think we can all agree its a very distinctive shoe with some character. It just feels like a jordan to me.

XVIII- the heel and maybe the sole are the only thing i think i'd keep from these. the entire upper has to redone. The upper of these is just so plain and boring. this shoe has no character whats so ever.

XIX- I agree with ijapino on these the shroud needs to fit better and add more support other than that I feel the same way about these as I do the XV.

XX- I would just completely remove the strap. I would reconstruct the upper a little bit and give them a tongue for adjustable comfort. I love the materials used on the strap so i would use them on the tongue.

XXI- I've always thought the main problem with these was the shape. I'd change that and the back end of the shoe is way to plain. idk maybe spread the back tab out a little bit.

XXII- From the side these are an AJ, its the front view of these that fail. Idk maybe try a toe cap or just redo the entire front. I'm not crazy about the heel on these either.

2009- i'd use the same materials and change every thing else, shape, design, the stupid high heel, everything. i think the marble or what ever it is would have been cool on a heel tab.

2010- the thing i hate most about these is that they look so long and the window of course. I'd move the window to the tongue and put like a translucent jumpman on it. I wouldn't change the shape of the shoe bc it is a great performance shoe. with the window off the sides i think they become too plain. Some kinda design would have to be made to fill that in and maybe the design could help the shoe not appear so long.

Originally Posted by enigma586

So the ones are i would change are then ones that don't feel like AJs. what i would do is...

XV- I would leave them alone, i personally hate them but i think they have their place in the AJ shoe history. Whether you think they're clean or fugly i think we can all agree its a very distinctive shoe with some character. It just feels like a jordan to me. 

then why did you say you would change it?

Originally Posted by orthotic

Originally Posted by enigma586

So the ones are i would change are then ones that don't feel like AJs. what i would do is...

then why did you say you would change it?
i wasn't saying i would change them. I  just wanted to give my opinion on them being that they're the first shoe brought up when ever a topic like this comes up.

Back
Top Bottom