If you don't want to wait in line on BLACK FRIDAY (at TARGET at least)... UPDATE!

If you know that the item you want is going to be on sale this Friday at target, buy it now and on Friday, take the receipt to customer service. They'llrefund the price difference to you (a "price adjustment"). A friend of mine is a manager there and she confirmed they do price adjusting. This waysure beats waiting in line for hours. i bought the olevia 37" tv for $800 and it'll be $550 on friday.

*So i'm hearing different reports that target execs are sending out letters to stores to not let any "price adjusting" during the 2-day sale. i'm holding off on opening my tv until i get the price adjustment, but if i don't get it i'm returning the tv.

i was thinking about doing this.. but it seems like everyone is up on it.. i stopped by a Target & BB and i saw tons of ppl buying up the stuff that'sgoing to be on sale. SMH

pimp.gif

i might pick up the magelan navi tomorrow. 250 but 150 on blackfriday
pimp.gif
hope it works. if not, im returning it lol

haha.. great idea..

its worth a shot cuz its not like youre going to lose any money.. just time.

ill being picking up a GPS navi or two tomorrow then..

at BBy this wont work for doorbuster items, letters have been sent from corporate saying there will be NO returns or exchanges till 12:01PM.MEANING.....the deals would be expired and not applicable to any such price matching

um.......... best buy? are u sure?

millions of customers will be in line returning items, while there won't be anything left for black friday shoppers.

so say you buy a ton of stuff at doorbuster prices, then wait til after the the doorbuster period and return the stuff without the receipt. will you get theprice difference in store credit or will they refund you the doorbuster price?

^i don't think they'll refund you without a receipt. and if you say you got it as a gift or something, they'll probably let you exchange it or givestore credit.

for the price adjustment, would you have to bring in the actual product or would the receipt be sufficient?

I worked for Circuit City 2 years.

There are NO price adjusments there on Black Friday doorbuster items.NONE.

If you buy it a week before it goes on sale during BF, you're screwed!

I can only speak for Circuit City though, but I would assume most stores would have a similar policy.

^^yup. we're told that we can't do price adjustments on whatever we put on sale during BF, not sure about price match though but I still think it'sa no

this is from the best buy doorbuster page:
DETAILS *No rainchecks or substitutions. Best Buy's price match policy does not apply to items on this page and prices are not valid on prior purchases.

but what if i want to get something that isn't on the "doorbuster" list, but will still be on sale onBF, will i be able to do the price match?

any best buy employee with info?

From what I understand, the 2 day deals, for Black Friday AND Saturday are "Price Matchable".....HOWEVER...

You CANNOT price match a door buster, trust me. I've been working at best buy for about 3 years now, it has never happened, never will.

Good luck to all, if anyone lives in Brooklyn, the Sales at BBY are CRAZY. PM me if you want any info on how many we have and whatnot......i got you

Or you could post here and i'll tell you how many we have

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

I worked for Circuit City 2 years.

There are NO price adjusments there on Black Friday doorbuster items. NONE.

If you buy it a week before it goes on sale during BF, you're screwed!

I can only speak for Circuit City though, but I would assume most stores would have a similar policy.

what about non-doorbuster items that require a rebate?

Back
Top Bottom