If you Fail in America, chances are it was your fault.

OP shut the hell up with those ignorant statements. Making a thread like this just to cause deadend debates.

Everyone always brings up that immigrant argument but the truth is a lot of the immigrants in the US are struggling but the reason why you don't hear them complaining as much is because by comparison the struggle they experience in the US doesn't compare to the one they would be experiencing in their native countries. It's easy for a immigrant to come to the US and say "this is the land of opportunity anything is possible" because they have something to compare it to. If you're coming from a third world country the US probably does seem like it might offer more opportunities by comparison (if I didn't you wouldn't have moved here). The difference between people who have grown up in the US and people who emigrate to the US is that people who are born here know that there's a lot of opportunities in the US and everyone has a chance but everyone doesn't have a fair or equal chance. No matter how hard some of us may "hustle" or "work hard" we still have to deal with a lot more road blocks than others.

[h2]
If you Fail in America, chances are it was your fault.
[/h2]It all depends on what you're trying to succeed at.

If you're trying to be the first openly bi-sexual female president of the country and you fail at it because people are closed minded, is it your fault?

If you're trying to be an upper level executive in a firm that is holding you back due to the color of your skin, is it your fault?

Not trying to make excuses for failure, but it's not as easy as you make it seem. In America, if your goals aren't "realistic", and you're not able to make your own rules,  then you probably will fail.

I can agree with OP. 

Even though there's a percentage of people that gotten screwed because of the economy and lost their job, there are some people out there heavily relying on welfare and who are too damn lazy to find a way to make money legally. 

You cant really blame anyone but the people who fail, well some of them might be coming from a bad neighborhood, is that really an excuse though?  Some might be coming from a poor family, but is that REALLY a valid excuse?  You cant find a job?  Our country provides for those who needs help...but some people are just milking the system and taking advantage of this. 

success is just an arms length away.  its up to you whether you want it or not. 

I think it depends. When I look at my hs experience, I found that those from who came from other countries (Haiti, China, India) worked a lot harder to get somewhere in life than the American students. In my experience, Americans take the education system as well as the opportunities tied to those systems for granted. There really is something to be said about the work ethic of international students and workers. I have a co-worker whose child refuses to take school seriously, and my co-worker is seriously like, "i'm aiming to just get her into community college for a few semesters". You will rarely hear immigrant parents echoing that same sentiment.

fyi, this perspective is from my experience. I am saying my experience can be applied to all Americans or all immigrants/2nd generation children.

agreed. USA is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

In this country success comes at the cost of others failing. Everyone has the potential to succeed but everyone CANT succeed..

Exactly.

Poverty is built into capitalism.

Wow such a broad statement to make.
I guarantee Its not as easy as what you make it seem.
Success in America is a myth happiness is what you make out of it.

people always go to extremes in these topics...

what about the folks who have never been to jail...were married but lost their spouse and are raising kids on their own...graduated HS but couldn't afford college or didn't know how to find out about how to finance college...

they are barely paying bills but make 100 to much for maybe a lil food stamps or gov't housing...what about them?

not everyone not making it is just sitting at home doing nothing collecting a check for their fiftyleven kids with no husband...

So basically you're just feeling yourself and decided to make an outlandish thread because of it...

Is that the gist of this discussion?

Just accept the fact that you're not as hungry.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

So basically you're just feeling yourself and decided to make an outlandish thread because of it...

Is that the gist of this discussion?

how many times do you've to edit your statements? Just take a seat somewhere.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

A thread like this is worthless without STATS. Otherwise, it's just your opinion and your opinion is just as worthless as mine.
Exactly.
More specifically, drop out rates among minorities for starters. Define "fault" meaning it was due to them not doing something, or doing something?

Your post is as broad as Lohan's panties.

Back
Top Bottom