If You Had Complete Control Over Your Favorite NFL Franchise ...

what what what would you do?

i would start off by limiting the amount of money these players got ... people like marion barber wouldnt see anywhere near the contract he got last year ...ken hamlin the same thing ... terrence newman etc... etc...

as a general rule i would only pay my quarterback (romo or not) top dollar if he deserved it and everyone else would either be traded or accept their role ...

im a big believer in coaching and quarterback play so my focus would be on that ... id pay top dollar for the coaches who are successful ... offensive anddefensive lines would be HOGS and every other position would be young guns trying to make it ...

Coaching
O-Line
Quarterback
D-Line

as much as i hate romo id have to keep him because i dont think his value is up there enough for something like a brady quinn swap ... ware probably wouldntget an extension and newman would be traded for picks ... id stay young and hungry at the skill positions and solid everywhere else ... nobody but my all proqb would be worth 100 mili ...

nobody would want to play for you then

which would mean no QB that wants to win would want to play for you, only people who care about $$$ > winning

You wouldn't pay top $$$ for a player like Damarcus Ware??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

sign every player in trouble with the law
move the team to vegas
call them the outlaws

You would have the first team to forfeit a game due to suspensions from all your players.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Andrew630

I would've signed Mike Vick.
It would be the Newport News Steelers. Mike Tomlin would still be head coach. Vick would be signed. Id still keep Ben though.
and if AI couldnt find a job in the nba, id hire him too. not nessecarly puttin him on the field, but somewhere in the organization. towel boy or something,he'll hold the ball while the kicker kicks it.

Originally Posted by chr1scross

nobody would want to play for you then

which would mean no QB that wants to win would want to play for you, only people who care about $$$ > winning

whos to say we wouldnt compete or win? no i dont want to pay demarcus ware over 100 million dollars ... i dont think anyone is worth that much except myquarterback ...

^No one would want to play for you. When people got options, which is how it should be, you will never get away not paying good players. Even the Patriots knowthat certain players deserve the cash.

Well I would forget about Jason Campbell's feelings and sign Vick. I also wouldn't have spent 100 million on Haynesworth so I could have gone afteranother receiver to compliment Moss. Then I'd make a new stadium because Fedex Field sucks.

Originally Posted by bijald0331

^No one would want to play for you. When people got options, which is how it should be, you will never get away not paying good players. Even the Patriots know that certain players deserve the cash.
With a cap, that's not true. There will always be someone who wants the chance to make a lot of money. They're willing to settle for alot of money rather than an obscene amount of money. There are only so many spots open. The cap has a minimum amount and a max amount. Team has to pay somepeople something.

How many free agent pick ups ever become worth it? Especially the ones who get blockbuster contracts. That's why the draft is so important. Especiallybeyond the middle of the first round where players get more reasonable salaries.

If I had complete control, I'd tell Crabtree he's got a contract offer. If he delays siging for another week, it drops $X amount and more for everyday beyond that. Cuz at this point, he's not gonna be much use for most of this year. So, why should I pay him? He can take it or leave it. He'snot gonna make or break my team and I can always use that huge cap space elsewhere.

^No one would want to play for you. When people got options, which is how it should be, you will never get away not paying good players. Even the Patriots know that certain players deserve the cash.
i dont understand who wouldnt want to play for me ... youre telling me there arent good players in the league that make less than 10 million perseason? yeah im not gonna have the julius peppers and bart scotts but lets be real for a second ...

why do i have to pay good players? why cant i trade them before their contract is up and get value for them? in about 3 years i would get rid of all my longterm veteran logjam contracts and build through the draft aside from my quarterback and lines ...

^good points. I'm just saying every successful team has more than one player making good money. You can't only pay one good player. Atleast one otheroffensive player and two other defensive players have to be well paid. For Pats, Brady and Moss. Seymour and Thomas.

The Pats are who I'd emulate. Pittsburgh too. Identify a few key guys and sign em early. The Washington ******** or the Raiders are the last team I'dwant to copy.

Originally Posted by Emmanuel Goldstein

i dont understand who wouldnt want to play for me ... youre telling me there arent good players in the league that make less than 10 million per season? yeah im not gonna have the julius peppers and bart scotts but lets be real for a second ...

why do i have to pay good players? why cant i trade them before their contract is up and get value for them? in about 3 years i would get rid of all my long term veteran logjam contracts and build through the draft aside from my quarterback and lines ...

How would that always work out perfectly?? Do you want to win Superbowls or make the 2nd round, get knocked out, have high expectations for next year, and thentrade people away?

laugh.gif
Demarcus Ware might be the best player on the defensive side of the ball in the NFL and you don't wanna pay him top dollar? Ugh.

I'd start with a top talent evaluator.

Then a cap nerd to know how to move around.

Head Coach after that, and let him get his QB.

Oline next to protect said QB, then a back to be a workhorse for that QB.

DLine next, with a middle LB soon to follow.

I would go the route Jimmy went and pursue speed at all positions except maybe the big fat boys in the middle of the lines. I want them solid, nobody can stopone on one types.

Nice dream, but rarely ever works that way.

I don't have a team so I'll just go w/ the hometown squad.

I would cut Jake Delhomme immediately.

Like, as soon as I sign my contract, he's outta there.

i dont think its that tough at all ... i would be up front about my ways like the patriots are ... theres no way in hell one player is going to strap my capunless hes a franchise QB ... the panthers are out o ftheir mind to let peppers eat 17 million a year ... bad gming imo

send al davis to siberia
improve the o-line...what good are our RBs and QB when no matter who we have is gonna get crushed anyways?

Back
Top Bottom