If you put all of the NBA stars in their HOMETOWN teams..

let's see what we got...(here's some i thought of)

Kobe Bryant - Sixers
Chris Paul - Bobcats
Dwayne Wade, Derrick Rose - Bulls
Paul Pierce, Baron Davis - Lakers
Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony - Wizards
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Lebron James - Cavs...yeah i know lol
Ben Gordon, Charlie Villanueva, Ron Artest - Knicks
Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Amare Stoudamire - Magic
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

People should just follow with where their favorite players, who they know this info on, are from and we can form a comprehensive list. Only include players who would make a difference, like would be worthy of getting minutes
Chicago- Maggette, Livingston, Finley, Garnett, Shannon Brown,
DC- Jeff Green, DUrant,
ATL- Dwight Howard, Josh Smith
LA- Russell Westbrook, James Harden, OJ Mayo, Tyson Chandler, Tayshaun Prince, Baron Davis
Dallas- Bosh, DWilliams, Kenyon Martin, LaMarcus Aldridge
NY- Artest, bunch of bumass failure PGs, Lamar Odom, Elton Brand, Smashcalade Parker,
New Jersey- JR Smith

Don't know what we're doing with international players but if you just make a team and call it "International," I'm taking them. Or by country, then well Argentina is obviously going to be worth noting

Melo is from B-More...none of them cats would consider DC to be the hometown even if that's the closest team to their city. As weird as it may sound, the DMV doesn't include B-More...

DC - Durant, Beasley, Jeff Green, Delonte West, and eventho he's an import and no longer in the NBA, I'll put Linas Kleiza to round out the starting 5

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Ain't Ben gordon from overseas?
Yes but he went to HS in Mt. Vernon. 

I mean I can say the same about Melo.  He was born in Brooklyn.

On a side note Dallas would have Bosh and Deron Williams.

NYC ftw?

I have to admit, our city isnt that great when it comes to basketball talent.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Norcal- Jason Kidd, Paul Pierce (born in Oakland), Matt Barnes, Leon Powe, Drew Gooden
This is why it get's dicey and never works.

Like New Yorkers always claiming Michael Jordan even though he was raised in North Carolina, went to college in North Carolina and still keeps his Carolina roots.  (Yes, I'm well aware that NY'ers always try to claim everything).

Paul Pierce was born in Oakland but he grew up in Inglewood, went to Inglewood HS which is a stone's throw from the Great Western Forum.

So yeah....

Hometown teams.  It's not about where you were born, but were you grew up.
wink.gif

LA (& surrounding area)

Paul Pierce
Gilbert Arenas
Trevor Ariza
Tyson Chandler
Tyshaun Prince
Baron Davis
Jrue Holliday
Jason Kapono
DeMar DeRozan
Brandon Jennings
Matt Barnes
Nick Young
James Harden
Russell Westbrook
Darren Collison

....off the top of my head.

- LA doesn't get OJ Mayo, the Lopez brothers (born in N. Hollywood raised in Washington),

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

Just play a zone against NYC, GAME OVER.
so true
laugh.gif
. with the crappy weather/courts you HAVE TO know how to drive the ball here haha

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

People should just follow with where their favorite players, who they know this info on, are from and we can form a comprehensive list. Only include players who would make a difference, like would be worthy of getting minutes
Chicago- Maggette, Livingston, Finley, Garnett, Shannon Brown,
DC- Jeff Green, DUrant,
ATL- Dwight Howard, Josh Smith
LA- Russell Westbrook, James Harden, OJ Mayo, Tyson Chandler, Tayshaun Prince, Baron Davis
Dallas- Bosh, DWilliams, Kenyon Martin, LaMarcus Aldridge
NY- Artest, bunch of bumass failure PGs, Lamar Odom, Elton Brand, Smashcalade Parker,
New Jersey- JR Smith

Don't know what we're doing with international players but if you just make a team and call it "International," I'm taking them. Or by country, then well Argentina is obviously going to be worth noting
oj is from cincy ohio man.north college hill to be exact.

Indianapolis - Greg Oden, Mike Conley, Eric Gordon, George Hill, Courtney Lee and Josh McRoberts
Seattle - Brandon Roy, Jason Terry, Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson, Aaron Brooks, Terrence Williams and Martell Webster

Back
Top Bottom