If you quit or are fired from your job and did not take your paid vacation for the year. Are you ent

The title says it all. If you quit or get fired and you never took your paid vacation for the year are you entitled to some money? I was just wondering. Thanks.

Last edited:
What you get fired for OP?
laugh.gif
 haven't gotten fired for anything YET. I'm thinking of calling it quits soon though. So I just want to make sure before hand haha. 

Depends on the company you work for and your state laws.

This my homegirl quit a company and they aren't trying to pay her her vacation. Would be close to 1000 in money she's owed. They claim it was in the paper she signed that they (the company) can chose to pay it out or not.

I dont know if your company do it but I'd ask them to cash you out for your vacation prior to quitting (IE add it to your regular check since vacation is usually paid out of a different payroll so you could get paid for 80 a week). Just tell them you need the money for an unknown expense that came up so when you give you two weeks (or less :lol:) you got all the money that is owed to you already and spare yourself any potential headaches in the future.

Last edited:
Depends on company rules.

And if u want to quit better use that vacation time first

Last edited:
Depends on company rules.

And if u want to quit better use that vacation time first

This... I hated my old job, it paid good but I hated it, when I landed a better job, I did them dirty.

I put in a request for vacation days, and made sure it got approved... After it was approved, I gave them a Boro e that I was quitting the day after I got back from "vacation" :lol:

It was like a 5 week long vacation, which I also killed my sick time in between weeks.

just quit my job, had 40 hrs of PTO, and got cashed out for it. gets taxed SUPER heavy tho

Yeah they'll pro-rate it. I'd take the Vacation before you quit or get fired. Less time to be compensated for that time.

Back
Top Bottom