If you think Lupe is one of the GREASTEST why aren't you listening to Blu???

Erybody know about Below the Heavens and Johnson & Johnson (which i thought was better than BTH... SAY SOMETHING!
laugh.gif
)

But you don't hear about his more recent projects around these parts like that... Why not? Dude got FLAMES

Blu is ill, and Below the Heavens is great. He just doesn't have a whole lot of material. Plus that Jesus LP sounds like it was recorded in a Queensbridge basement in 1992.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Blu is ill, and Below the Heavens is great. He just doesn't have a whole lot of material. Plus that Jesus LP sounds like it was recorded in a Queensbridge basement in 1992.

I OBJECT!

It really is the sound quality that stops me more times than not.

And he raps quite well. But he doesn't make really dope songs to me. (Save for J + J and BTH) He's nice though. Definitely says some things.

my man JR... listen to Jesus (TRY and get past the sound quality
laugh.gif
) and Her Favourite Colo(u)r... both have VERY good songs on them

pimp.gif

Sometimes I feel like he doesn't want to be successful....still dope though. 

I saw an interview of Lupe awhile back and he said something about Blu being the one person he would be scared to do a track with because he's so ill

A lot of times I like Blu more than Lupe, especially now given Lupe doing w/e the label tell him to.

As for material he has a good amount (The Narrow Path, C.O.R.E. mixtape, Her Favorite Colo(u)r, (So)ul Amazing Pt. 1, 2 & 3, A Whole Lot of Soul Partner Vol. 1 & 2, Jonson & Johnson w/ Mainframe, Below The Heavens, etc.) it's just that they're far between and not promoted a lot if at all and I'm not sure how many official albums he even has anymore or the situation with his label deal.

As for sound quality, I agree, it's one of the reasons I refuse to listen to the GODLeeBarnesLP until it's mastered and split (don't care what he lost). The Jesus LP was recently re-released in album sound quality and it sounds good.

His No York! tape just dropped and it's dope
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Powfo

This.

Met him at RTB again. Cool dude, but he needs to release material consistently.He's too talented not to.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

Originally Posted by Powfo

This.

Met him at RTB again. Cool dude, but he needs to release material consistently.He's too talented not to.

Met him there Fashawn n Exile too. Dude needs at least better sound quality.

It's hard to explain really but Blu kind of bores me.

Lupe has some emotion in his lyrics along with the depth.  I don't hate Blu by any means.  But Johnson and Johnson was solid to me but boring.  (flame suit on)

But just because of this thread i will re-visit Below the Heavens and Her favorite colo(u)r.

One of the most overrated rappers imo. He truly is trash.
30t6p3b.gif

Lupe>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Blu and its not even close

NoYork was alright imo, not his best work but it still did some justice, and the mastered version of jesus came out a few weeks ago i think, I herd it recently and it was ill. Honestly though, with the exception of lasers, Lupe is still an amazing and respected artist, don't wanna call it a tie at this point but its pretty close.

I just listened to No York. The sound of the album/production is all over the place. There are some good songs though and the album is better towards the end but overall its an average album at best.

Back
Top Bottom