If you were Dwight Howard, what would you do?

I would leave the Lakers and join the Rockets or Nets. I know he'd leave alot of money on the table but he's in his prime, he needs to win while he can still be productive. He wasted a year in D'Antoni's system.

I would leave the Lakers and join the Rockets or Nets. I know he'd leave alot of money on the table but he's in his prime, he needs to win while he can still be productive. He wasted a year in D'Antoni's system.

so you would leave 30 million on the table and the fact that you'll be the franchise player in the biggest market? sounds like you wouldnt handle the pressure, and if dwight leaves he cant handle the pressure either

and if dwight leaves he cant handle the pressure either
That's kind of the point, isn't it?

He's the best center in basketball, but he's not the kinda personality you want leading your franchise.

A great piece, but not THE piece.

so you would leave 30 million on the table and the fact that you'll be the franchise player in the biggest market? sounds like you wouldnt handle the pressure, and if dwight leaves he cant handle the pressure either

Money isn't everything. It's not able him being able to handle the pressure, it's about winning and what would be a better fit. If he goes to Houston, Mchale will utilize him and I think bring out the best in him. Mchale is a big man and is a knowledgeable teacher. Ever wonder why Garnett speaks so highly oif him? Only way he will flourish with the Lakers is if they get rid of D'Antoni and I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

Probably Houston, but there would be some offense differences to work out first.

Houston with Josh Smith and demand they upgrade their pg position (if anybody is still enamored with Linsanity) and obviously they will need to move Asik.

Last edited:
Golden State.

Building a brand new arena in SF

Playing with Steph Curry/Harrison Barnes

Rabid fan base

Bay Area life and weather :smokin

Id stay in LA and try my best to get d'antoni out cuz that is a lot of money to leave on the table but there would have to be some kind of agreement regarding d'antoni being gone somewhere down the line but if not id call up cp3 and join forces and go back home and play in atlanta

Last edited:
As a Laker fan, I want him anywhere but LA. 

I feel like he is going to be Amare 2.0, and I don't want to have him locked in for 5 years. 

Hopefully back home in Atlanta or Houston.

I don't know if they could keep Smith unless he took a paycut tho.

Money isn't everything. It's not able him being able to handle the pressure, it's about winning and what would be a better fit. If he goes to Houston, Mchale will utilize him and I think bring out the best in him. Mchale is a big man and is a knowledgeable teacher. Ever wonder why Garnett speaks so highly oif him? Only way he will flourish with the Lakers is if they get rid of D'Antoni and I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon.

not only garnett, but big al, too. would do a lot for the second half of his career

Personally I think the McHale-as-teacher factor is actually overblown.

But it can't hurt obviously to have a HOF big-man as your head coach overseeing you every day but at this point in his career Dwight likely is who he is....he's never going to be an outside shooter, never going to hit his free throws, etc. He's had countless NBA coaches and countless hours of practice and film study.

He needs to just find the best roster and system for him to succeed IMO and yeah that could be Houston too. It shouldn't be that hard to win games with Dwight Howard as your center in today's NBA.

Last edited:
Stay in LA. Media, opportunities and attractive destination for players.
Not the best bet imo for winning. 

Just look at that roster. 

I'm going to Houston if I'm Dwight to team up with Hardin...
pimp.gif

get da hell* out dat garbage what is da lakers and come up north to da warriors. 

Last edited:
Convince CP3 to go to Dallas with you...Him CP3 & Dirk plus with state taxes he wouldn't leave money on the table.

Dwight needs a good-cop, bad-cop with CP3 and Dirk on him, plus Carslile is one of the best in the game.

Convince CP3 to go to Dallas with you...Him CP3 & Dirk plus with state taxes he wouldn't leave money on the table.

Dwight needs a good-cop, bad-cop with CP3 and Dirk on him, plus Carslile is one of the best in the game.
Cuban prb throwing dudes money under the table anyway...

I'd go to Houston.

Also people keep bringing up the 27 million.

Well if I make 65K a year and work 4 years versus 5 I'm not leaving 65K on the table when I'm going to work that 5th year somewhere and get paid.

After taxes and what not it will be less than what he would get in LA but not 27 million.

Dwight Howard, right now, doesn't have what it takes to mentally put a team on his shoulders and win (a year in LA and he obviously can't handle the pressure of a big market) so he needs to go to a team that's already championship ready (so Dwight would be the final piece of the puzzle).

Lebron James is at / near his peak (I think he'll get better) so it's a waste of a career to play in the Eastern Conference. SO, you're best chance at winning a championship is being the team that takes on Lebron James and the Heat in the Finals (ie, the Western Conference).

So who in the West is championship ready (as opposed to just playoff caliber)? Lakers, Thunder and Spurs.

Lakers and Spurs are aging and only have a few more years left. Thunder are still young.

I'd say tell Dwight to stay in LA. Take the money and you have a better shot at winning a championship NOW with Kobe and Nash and Gasol.

Back
Top Bottom