IF YOU WERE GOING BALD...WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

just cut it short and live with it, or if I could pull it off shave the whole head.

As soon as my line starts creepin back I'm shaving it off. if my line is still in tact when I'm in my mid 30s I might go head and shave it off anyway. I like the look and that would save me money and trips to the barbershop.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

What is a tea rinse?

A tea rinse is done by pouring a cup of tea, commonly green or black, over the hair to reduce shedding or stimulate hair growth.

How is it supposed to work?

The caffeine in the tea penetrates the hair follicles.

Is there any proof that tea rinses make hair grow faster or reduce shedding?

One scientific study shows that caffeine can stimulate hair growth when used in tiny amounts (0.001% caffeine in water). The same study also found that applying too much caffeine to the hair follicles can actually stunt growth. A different study found that caffeine in shampoo can penetrate the hair follicles when left on for 2 minutes. Both studies were done on the hair follicles of men with androgenetic alopecia. So, no scientific studies have been done to test the effects of caffeine on a woman’s scalp who doesn’t have a hair loss disorder. Generally, the current evidence says that caffeine definitely penetrates hair follicles and may stimulate hair growth, but no one knows for sure. It’s impossible to say how much additional growth you might see, if any. Don’t expect more than an inch or two per year. There are no published scientific studies on caffeine and shedding.

How do I do a tea rinse?

1. Before you prepare for your shower, brew a weak cup of green or white tea. Black tea has higher caffeine content, so it’s not a good choice. You don’t want to make the tea too strong or you could do more harm than good. Try brewing 1 tea bag for only 1 or 2 minutes.

2. Cool the tea down to lukewarm.

3. Use a color applicator bottle or spray bottle to apply the tea to your scalp.

4. Leave it on for at least 5 minutes and up to 30 minutes. There’s no way to tell how long would
be best.

5. Shampoo and condition as usual.

6. Repeat the tea rinse 2 or 3 times a week. If you don’t see any results after 1-2 months it’s best to spend your efforts somewhere else.

7. You can also experiment with using tea to stimulate eyebrow growth. Follow the same steps as above and watch to see if the hair grows thicker or more quickly.

Since there’s a risk of using too much caffeine during a tea rinse, it may be best to try a caffeine-containing shampoo for a few months instead. Thicker Fuller Hair, Alpecin, and DS Laboratories are popular brands. As always, be careful not to experiment with DIY treatments so much that you end up over-manipulating your hair. In the quest for healthy hair, length retention is usually more of a problem than growth rate or shedding.

Hair Liberty is a comprehensive resource for African American hair care information. We sort through the latest hair care advice and compare hundreds of products to find the most accurate recommendations for our readers. Visit hairliberty.org to learn about your hair and how to achieve your hair goals. And be sure to Like the Hair Liberty Facebook page for extra tips and info.
eek.gif
I'm gonna start tryin this. If was really goin bald though I'd probably just embrace it

Everybody saying wear hats... what kind of jobs do you plan on having?

If you can't afford Bosley ($7-10k I think), get Rogaine and try to preserve what you do have and get some regrowth until you can. Keep a short buzz (a 1 or a 2 at most) so that the thinning areas aren't so distinct.

laugh.gif
@ home remedies and old wives tales. It's 2011 people, science has debunked every crazy idea we have thought of about going bald. It's genetics, and the only way to combat it is with procedures such as Bosley. If I go bald, which is a possibility, off to Bosley I go. 

That Bosley and other surgeries are too serious though. I don't need you cutting pieces of my head skin off and pasting it on other parts of my head. FUE is probably the best option but even that looks painful, blood all over dude's head
eek.gif

Originally Posted by space jam XI

I've been balding for the past few years. Used to shave my head with a #1 or #2. For the past  5  18 months I said +!!$ it and letting it grow out for as longas possible before it gets really really bad. It's so thin up front, but it's so thick in the back.

this 

My hair is thinning at the top of my head...I have been sensitive when people noticed my hair was thinning, but now, I keep it trimmed short and it works well. My dad's bald, so I'll most likely be bald when I get older....It's life.

its a recession man...im gettin the devil horns, i rock it kinda short and let it grow out before repeating process. u still cant tell from day to day activities that im losing it but if its windy or im swimming or something its noticeable. im still hiding it but once the jig is up i guess ill just shave it. its depressing as *$*% man. especially when you're 20.

My pops was bald. He never really did any thing about it or try to hide it. Rocked it proudly actually

#swag

Wait so there's official ways to get hair back?

I thought all those infomercials were gimmicks

Bosley you say?

:calls:

Back
Top Bottom