If you were the Thunder's GM & you won the lottery, would you draft Blake Griffin?

I was sitting around thinking about it.

The Thunder have a nice nucleus in Westbrook, KD & Green. Would you break that up to add Blake to that group? Defensively, they probably would not be anybetter, and their half court game would certainly suffer a bit, as Jeff is one of the better shooters at the 4 in the league. At the same time, the athleticismon that team would increase, and Durant would have a legitimate 2nd scoring option.

I really like that trio, and I don't want to see that broken up. If Jeff and Kevin could increase their rebounding totals, I don't see the need for aconventional 4. I think they mesh well together, and getting Thabeet would be a better look for them, or even trading for a veteran combo guard (not Ben Gordon
laugh.gif
)

I know the motto, that you never pass up All-Star caliber players, but having a bunch of All-Star players doesn't guarantee a championship. Personally, Iwould trade down and try to get some value for the pick, and draft Thabeet or Harden, who would be a good 6th man for this team.

Thoughts?

Aside him being the clear choice, he is also the hometown kid, who went to the state' biggest college as well, you would have to be stupid not to.

You draft Griffin and MAKE it work...

how would the nucleus be broken up especially if Durant can play multiple positions? They do need a 5, but they'd be on crack to pass on Griffin if theygot the #1.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by srvballer

Are you insane?

and im not even a big fan of Blake but u take him and keep it moving

Jeff green would have to kick rocks or be the 6th man and back up sf/pf spots

you have to take Blake.

Jeff aint playin off the bench tho. 17 and 7 in his 2nd year. he's on his way to a legit #2 as it is.

you play those 3 on the court somehow.

It wouldn't be a bad mix considering the games of Westbrook, Jeff or Blake don't demand the ball that much.

hell yea
westbrook at the 1

KD at the 2

Green at the 3

and Blake at the 4

that looks good on paper love to see on the court prolly be real exciting

Jeff ain't coming off of nobody's bench. Kevin and Jeff would just have to go back to the positions they started off at.

Back
Top Bottom