If you were to be coached by one coach in any professional sport...

Who would it be? Can be from any professional sport. Reasons why; Motivation? Specific sport's IQ? Personality? Relationships with the players?

My pick(s)
NFL - I've had alot of respect for Jeff Fisher. He seems like he could be approached by his players, rather than them being scared to talk to him. And toadd, he wants football played the right way; defense wins championships.
NBA - I would say Doc because he is one of the best motivators I've heard, through pre-game speaches and timeouts. However, I have to pick Larry Brown;playing "the right way" really got me hooked, specially on the Pistons 2004 run. Zen Master would also be great, because of his basketball IQ.
MLB - Over the season, I had alot of respect for Joe Maddon. But, I have to go with Bobby Cox. The man would go to bat for his players on any given situation.Maybe its just me, but even though he seemed to have a temper with the umps, I had alot of respect for him.
NHL - John Tortorella. End of story
laugh.gif
Dude is a maniac. Realistically, Pat Quinn. A level headed guy, and he really knows his hockey.

Overall, I have to go with Jeff Fisher though.

What are yours?

NFL - Bill Belichick - He'll supply you with video tapes, HGH, and steroids to keep winning... that's what I'm talking about.
pimp.gif

NBA - Phil Jackson - Anyone who tells Mike D'Antoni to "sit the %%+! down" is good people in my book.

MLB - Anyone but the coach of the Cubs -
sick.gif

NHL - John Tortorella - Crazy as hell.

NFL - Bill Parcells

MLB - Tony La Russa

NBA - Jerry Sloan or Greg Popovich

College Basketball - John Thompson

I agree with Fisher. No one gets more outta his guys then him. Bill bilicheat would be second though, he can coach anyone up.

Sloan. Got mad respect for the guy, Pop is another one, Phil too.

LaRussa. Can't argue with that guys resume.

NBA: Hubie Brown , ya'll need to listen to dude break the game down on ESPN/ABC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by tmukg21

NBA: Hubie Brown , ya'll need to listen to dude break the game down on ESPN/ABC
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
How the dude slipped my mind, I have no idea. Whenever he is doing a game, I literally drop everything and listen to him.

NBA- Don Nelson. That way I can play, because I can shoot from outside.
grin.gif
And I wouldn't need to play defense.
NFL- Jon Gruden
NCAAF-Pete Carroll
NCAAB- Mike Krjagdjagdski

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Who would it be? Can be from any professional sport. Reasons why; Motivation? Specific sport's IQ? Personality? Relationships with the players?

My pick(s)
NBA - I would say Doc because he is one of the best motivators I've heard, through pre-game speaches and timeouts. However, I have to pick Larry Brown; playing "the right way" really got me hooked, specially on the Pistons 2004 run. Zen Master would also be great, because of his basketball IQ.

Its amazing what KG falling in your lap and also getting Ray as well can do to your rep. I remember he was about to get fired and people were calling him theworst coach in the L after Isiah 2 seasons ago
smh.gif

Originally Posted by THE GR8

My pick(s)
NBA - I would say Doc because he is one of the best motivators I've heard, through pre-game speaches and timeouts. However, I have to pick Larry Brown; playing "the right way" really got me hooked, specially on the Pistons 2004 run. Zen Master would also be great, because of his basketball IQ.

Its amazing what KG falling in your lap and also getting Ray as well can do to your rep. I remember he was about to get fired and people were calling him the worst coach in the L after Isiah 2 seasons ago
smh.gif

Im not saying he would be my top choice. Im just saying hes really motivating.
Yes I see your point, but I didnt mean I would want him to coach me because of his knowledge. More or less, I would go out there and give it my all if my coachmotivated me like that.

Originally Posted by THE GR8

My pick(s)

Its amazing what KG falling in your lap and also getting Ray as well can do to your rep. I remember he was about to get fired and people were calling him the worst coach in the L after Isiah 2 seasons ago
smh.gif
He also took 3 stars and made them a dominant force in the NBA, he's definitely not the first with some great talent ... Trying todeny Doc Rivers as a good coach is ludicrous.

NCAAF - Uncle Pete
smokin.gif

NBA - Phil Jackson, Jerry Sloan
NFL - Mike Singletary
laugh.gif
, just playing, Jeff Fisher
smokin.gif

MLB - Mike Scioscia

Back
Top Bottom