If your professor told you that if you get a 100% on your final, then you would..

classes that take attendance
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

i have never been to a single lecture in my classes this quarter.
smh.gif
getting A's doing self study tho
pimp.gif

i just cant learn when someone is talking. i just end up studying the material by myself so it's so useless going to lecture for me
smh.gif

Have you tried to withdrawal from the course? A W is way better than a F, depending on your school's policy. If you can't I'd still show up becauseand F can impact your fin aid, and don't forget the prof can put whatever grade he wants in the grade book. Just because he told you D was the best youcould get doesn't mean he wouldn't give you a 2.0 if you murk his exam. Maybe follow up the exam with a heart felt email or something (grade grubbingftw?).

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

lose-lose situation to be honest.

what sucks even more is that it'll show on your record.

why didn't you drop the class?

Because I had passed all my exams with flying colors. I don't see why it matters if I don't show up to class if I'm learning just as much if not MORE than everybody else on my own time.
indifferent.gif

Ol "Attendance is 75% of your grade" .....kiss my *** I'm paying to be here not the other way around.

Eh w/e. My GPA was a 3.75 before this semester...
if the attendance was that much of your grade then why not show up?
laugh.gif
You're a bright one...

If you wanna go to Grad school then just forget showing up for the final. Or show up to the final and leave with it. Retake it.

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

Because I had passed all my exams with flying colors. I don't see why it matters if I don't show up to class if I'm learning just as much if not MORE than everybody else on my own time.
indifferent.gif

Ol "Attendance is 75% of your grade" .....kiss my *** I'm paying to be here not the other way around.

laugh.gif
You're a bright one...

If you wanna go to Grad school then just forget showing up for the final. Or show up to the final and leave with it. Retake it.
It's not. I didn't mean that literally. It doesn't say that on the syllabus or anything. But he HAS to be factoring that in in orderfor me to have such a low grade. I got A's on all my test accept the one I didn't show up to. That's why I said that because I think he is holdingmy attendance against me, it's actually kind of obvious he is.

I never heard of 75% of grade on attendence

How can you be getting a D go to school!

Wow you really dropped the ball.
EDIT

I re-read what you said, attendance was not literally 75% of your grade.

Still

You

-Missed an exam
-Barely went to class.

Had you taken all test and been to most classes, you could have negotiated with your prof to give you a C if you made an A or B on the exam. This is common,however since you slacked just take the L. There is no chance in hell your professor will pass you because you did not take he will simply say something alongthe lines of

"You did not take my class seriously, so I have no reason to take you seriously". Not as blunt, but you get the point. Reasoning with him is out ofthe question. So, I'd either skip the final or show up without studying and just mess around. There is not point in studying for this exam though.

i remember one of my professors saying if you got a 100% on the final, he would give you an A no matter what.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

75% of your grade is attendance? That's like a gift from God. Dude is giving away Cs and all you have to do is attend class (which you already paid for). I don't see the logic in skipping a class when class attendance is 75% of your grade. Like, what was your thought process? Seriously, that may be one of the easiest A's or atleast B's I've ever heard of at the undergrad level.

I wish my school had courses that simple. 7:30-10:00 M-TH? So, you're paying for it. Work hard now, get the A and party when you get the nice job. (or party on the weekend).
Again. 75% was an exaggeration on my part. This was not an easy course. Electronic Engineering II 4 credits.
smh.gif

Also, on the chance (trust me there is that chance!) that you don't retake it a D doesn't have such a negative impact against your acc gpa as an Fdoes.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

75% of your grade is attendance? That's like a gift from God. Dude is giving away Cs and all you have to do is attend class (which you already paid for). I don't see the logic in skipping a class when class attendance is 75% of your grade. Like, what was your thought process? Seriously, that may be one of the easiest A's or atleast B's I've ever heard of at the undergrad level.

I wish my school had courses that simple. 7:30-10:00 M-TH? So, you're paying for it. Work hard now, get the A and party when you get the nice job. (or party on the weekend).
Again. 75% was an exaggeration on my part. This was not an easy course. Electronic Engineering II 4 credits.
smh.gif

Well, I'm an Electrical Engineering major so i feel your pain and a 4 Hour F will destroy you. I don't know your professor personally, but I'dsimply take the L. However, if there is a possibility you can convince him to give you a C for getting an A then proceed with that strategy. It's going tocome down to him as a human being.

If you can convince him:

You need to think of an excuse as to why you were never in class, like show him your engineering course load or if you are taking labs this semester say yourlabs were a time constraint.

the whole attendance thing is what annoys me about college. If you could get a full degree from a major accredited university all online I'd 100% be coolwith this whole college thing
laugh.gif

Yeah normally they say that from jump street the grading of the class.. Normally it's like 80% testing and 15% paper.. 5% quizzes(same as classattendance).. but 75% attendance, he probably only passed out a damn sign in sheet. EDIT: If you knew it was a hard class why the f did you skip...Prioritizing ftl

I normally go to the 1st two weeks if it is garbage and teacher is garbage and sucks at teaching I go for the 1st 5 minutes then bounce...

I'd just take the final its pass/fail just see how you do..

Originally Posted by keepzdasneakz

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
You're a bright one...

It's not. I didn't mean that literally. It doesn't say that on the syllabus or anything. But he HAS to be factoring that in in order for me to have such a low grade. I got A's on all my test accept the one I didn't show up to. That's why I said that because I think he is holding my attendance against me, it's actually kind of obvious he is.
Edit: Sounds to me like your professor is just a small person. It's basically up to you to worm your way out of this though....

I had a similar situation as you when I was in my second year of college. I was taking a physics class and i'm pretty sure I had the lowest grade in thatclass. I spoke with the professor and we made a deal that if I get a 95% or higher on the cumulative final then he'd give me a B. I ended up getting a 98%and killing the class curve. Try to make a deal with your professor. If they don't let you, then make them suffer through evaluations.

I wouldn't bother to go myself ...so hell live it up! I remember I stopped going to a class my sophomore year. I only showed up during tests
pimp.gif

I agree that attendance should not be mandatory, but I think they make it that way to prepare us for real world. Some might not see it important in college andthat behavior might continue when you become an employee at any level or paygrade.

I do agree that it should be your choice to attend if you are learning as much as someone with 100% attendance.

yes show up. maybe he is testing you. if not, I suggest you make him feel despicable

Back
Top Bottom