If your professor told you that if you get a 100% on your final, then you would..

...still only average out a D+ for the semester. Would you still show up for the final?

Skipping class FTL

EDIT: Just to clear some things up.

Attendance is not really 75% of the grade. I think he is holding my attendance against me.

I don't plan on retaking the course, I hate the class schedule and I'm not too happy with the professor's teaching. I do however plan ontransferring to a private school. So I'm wondering what is best as far as the private school admission....not showing up to the final or acing thefinal????????? If I don't take the final I will probably get an Incomplete, and which I will have one year to retake it, within that year I will haveplanned on transferring though (without my GPA)......

Last semester he dropped the lowest grade (I missed a test)...he gave me the impression he wouldn't do that FOR ME. And gave others the impression hewould....

FML

lose-lose situation to be honest.

what sucks even more is that it'll show on your record.

why didn't you drop the class?

my proffesor told me that after skipping 3 days. dont do it fam. 2 extra hours to study for another class

Damn
eek.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Because I had passed all my exams with flying colors. I don't see why it matters if I don't show up to class if I'm learning just as much if notMORE than everybody else on my own time.
indifferent.gif

Ol "Attendance is 75% of your grade" .....kiss my *** I'm paying to be here not the other way around.

Eh w/e. My GPA was a 3.75 before this semester...

Study hard for the final. You're probably going to have to take the class again even if you get a D (my school only takes C and up to consider it forcredit towards the major), and this way, you'll have a much easier time around. Just don't make the same mistakes you did the first time...

Vaughn Martin

This dude is a beast...also mad weird, dude once came up to me and stroked my skinnytie saying that my outfit was sexy!!?!?!?!
roll.gif

yea, don't take it, makes no point

Originally Posted by buggz05

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Because I had passed all my exams with flying colors. I don't see why it matters if I don't show up to class if I'm learning just as much if not MORE than everybody else on my own time.
indifferent.gif

Ol "Attendance is 75% of your grade" .....kiss my *** I'm paying to be here not the other way around.

Eh w/e. My GPA was a 3.75 before this semester...
laugh.gif
#%!#@!* ....you knew from the jump that attendance was 75% of your grade and you still don't show up for class???

no point in showing up, the likelihood of getting a 100% on any given test is very slim.

wouldn't you rather get an F and then retake it? a D+ is nothin special

Originally Posted by nycsemaj

Study hard for the final. You're probably going to have to take the class again even if you get a D (my school only takes C and up to consider it for credit towards the major), and this way, you'll have a much easier time around. Just don't make the same mistakes you did the first time...
It's the same here. You have to have a C in order to move on to the next class. Last semester he dropped the lowest grade. Thing is, if hedropped the lowest grade I would pass the class easily (I missed a test). But since I only showed up half the time I think he's giving me a hard time aboutit, and not gonna let me off that easily.

Honestly I plan on transferring to a private school. This won't show up on my bachelor's, but I'mworried how it will effect my admission into the private school......
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

take the F, so you can retake it and get an A.
See that's what I'm thinking. I'm thinking if I miss the Final I will get an Incomplete on my transcript...which means I will have ayear to take the class over before it becomes an F. The thing is, is that I'm trying to apply to a private school...I'm wondering if the incompletewill actually help me or not...???

I'd just tell the dude in the sternest of voices and iciest of grills

"I'm not showing up for the final and I better get a C in this class. Take it how you wanna."

and keep it moving.

Originally Posted by General Johnson

I'd just tell the dude in the sternest of voices and iciest of grills

"I'm not showing up for the final and I better get a C in this class. Take it how you wanna."

and keep it moving.
I don't think you would
laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ZeroGravity23

take the F, so you can retake it and get an A.

Yup. I wouldnt show up. Suck it up and take it again. Im in the same situation as you but I already failed the class... it was a geology lab worth 1 credit
indifferent.gif
SMH.

What are the chances he is nice enough to drop that one lowest grade? DAMMIT

I think I'm going to take it
smh.gif

I don't plan on taking this class again. The teacher wasn't exactly the best at explaining things and the class was from 7:30 - 10:00 PMM-T-W-TH and yall wondering why I skipped that class
laugh.gif
...Ipromised I skipped like 3 weeks in a row atleast twice
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom