If you're the GM of the Rockets, what do you do w/ T-Mac?

How does one trade for somebody who makes $23M though? A team is going to either have to give up an elite superstar, get T-Mac, let his number come off thebooks, and hope one of the big time FA's come over. Does the other team get that much better going this route?

Or a bunch of players adding up to $23M, and why would the Rockets trade one of the biggest assets, his expiring, for a bunch of players with years on theircontracts? When they themselves, can let it come off and hope for one of these big time FA's.

T-Mac will be a Rocket until at least next year's draft day.

i dont think Max-K would trade the entire Laker's team for McGrady
eek.gif

Trade him to the Knicks.

Houston trades: Tracy McGrady + draft pick
Knicks trade: Eddy Curry, Jared Jefferies + sign/trade David Lee

Yao should come up in this conversation too sooner or later...his legs are fragile too just because you like him more than Tracy doesn't change that fact.

why would u treat him like steph? we all get on Tmac but he ant dog *%%%$*!% the team like steph was

T-Mac isn't going anywhere. And even if you we're to trade him you'd have to take on a few bad contracts yourself, which I don't want therockets to do. I think we're just going to let his contract ride out and as soon as it's up after next season he'll most likely be gone. But Iwould love to see T-Mac back next year healthy and motivated. With the cast of role players that we have now and a healthy Yao and T-Mac, this team would be
pimp.gif
sick.gif
eek.gif
. Although the Rockets have no luck when it comes to injuries
tired.gif

Why potentially waste another year of Yao's prime waiting for TMac though?
ohwell.gif

Microfracture + TMac's history of injuries = Done IMO

The Rockets might as well get a quality player back (even if the Rockets have to get back a bad contract). There's no guarantee the Rockets can evenlure a Wade or Joe Johnson in 2010.

Originally Posted by Executive76

Yao should come up in this conversation too sooner or later...his legs are fragile too just because you like him more than Tracy doesn't change that fact.

only problem, yao brings in a lot $$$, from a business stand point you dont get rid of him.
find him a decent backup (shaq, sheed?) and limit his minutes. chuck hayes shouldve been playing way more this season.
i have a feeling yao will take less money to stay in houston.

rockets fans, you are close...

Look.. T-Mac may not be a cancer but at best he's a malignant tumor! Get rid of him before he becomes cancerous! Or at least don't let hisDebbie-downer-I-quit attitude infect the rest of the team!
roll.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Why potentially waste another year of Yao's prime waiting for TMac though?
ohwell.gif

Microfracture + TMac's history of injuries = Done IMO

The Rockets might as well get a quality player back (even if the Rockets have to get back a bad contract). There's no guarantee the Rockets can even lure a Wade or Joe Johnson in 2010.
lol, yao wasted tmac's prime years son. yao was injured last yr when the rockets were pretty good too. both are injury prone. and yao'sinjured again on the same foot.

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

T-Mac for Michael Blue (Redd)
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

good trade, rockets are in need of a volume shooter, especially in these playoff games where they struggled with their outside shots.

and
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
to the buffoon who said yao needs to be traded. yao is the foundation ofthe rockets offense, it starts with him.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

T-Mac for Michael Blue (Redd)
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

good trade, rockets are in need of a volume shooter, especially in these playoff games where they struggled with their outside shots.

and
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
to the buffoon who said yao needs to be traded. yao is the foundation of the rockets offense, it starts with him.
peep their record without yao the past 3 years, including this year. they can play without yao just fine.

what they really need to do is trade yao and tmac and build around this core group of role players, which are the best in the L. add 3 more very very goodplayers to this mix and you can get the next detroit pistons.

Situations like this make me appreciate the NFL (from an owners point of view) with their contracts

i dont understand those that say keep him and hope he comes back next season.

do you think the players respect him? afterall, he predicted the lakers to win the title...

Back
Top Bottom