If you're the GM of the Rockets, what do you do w/ T-Mac?

^ It really doesn't matter if he rooted for or against the Rockets. The team went out of the 1st round without him. Case closed. It will also not affect onhow Morey will either trade or not trade T-Mac. It will be a waiting game unless the Rockets are offered something equivalent to a healthy T-Mac.

They could trade him to some cash strapped team (Indiana, Sacramento) or a team looking to get under the books (New York, Golden State) and get a fair amountfor him in a trade

Originally Posted by PH3N0M3N0N

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Can't really blame the trainers and medical staff in houston. Really depends on the player. Look at Penny when he was in phoenix... Look at Amare when he is in phoenix. Same team, different results.

go tmac!
Look at: Sura/Tmac/Yao/Rafer/Artest/Bonzi(but not really)/etc. when they got to Houston.

I'm not even gonna mention the season that was 05-06.
alien.gif

You gotta be kidding me. Like seriously, blame the doctors?

Originally Posted by Statis22

They could trade him to some cash strapped team (Indiana, Sacramento) or a team looking to get under the books (New York, Golden State) and get a fair amount for him in a trade
I am not sure what the Rockets are planning to do with T-Mac's contract. I do not see anyone on the Kings or Knicks that will help the Rocketsmake it to Finals contenders. I am also pretty sure Indiana will not give up Granger. This leaves only Stephen Jackson that remotely at his best can becomparable to a healthy T-Mac. Reuniting Jackson with Artest will be interesting too...

They can get a package from the Knicks surrounding their draft pick. Makes the Rockets younger in much needed areas

And with GS if we could get Monta Ellis then that would be good imo too

Get rid of him for all you can...develop Brooks into what Earl Boykins was to the Nuggets a few years back and work on what worked against the Lakers. The factthat they took one of the top 3 teams in the league down to the wire says A LOT about the so called "2 superstar" formula for success and how much itdoesn't matter when everyone knows their role and plays it. Maybe not next year but the year after next they'll be pretty much top tier depending onwhat they can get for T-Mac...it doesn't take much to make a good team excellent...word to Denver

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

Originally Posted by COOLnificent

T-Mac for Michael Blue (Redd)
nerd.gif
ohwell.gif

good trade, rockets are in need of a volume shooter, especially in these playoff games where they struggled with their outside shots.

and
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
to the buffoon who said yao needs to be traded. yao is the foundation of the rockets offense, it starts with him.
peep their record without yao the past 3 years, including this year. they can play without yao just fine.

what they really need to do is trade yao and tmac and build around this core group of role players, which are the best in the L. add 3 more very very good players to this mix and you can get the next detroit pistons.
Never thought of this, thats actually very true. Yao's also fragile as $+!! as good as he is

They can get a package from the Knicks surrounding their draft pick. Makes the Rockets younger in much needed areas

The Rockets need to win now pretty much though. Don't really got time for more development. They already got rid of Rudy Gay and Donte Greeneso I doubt Morey will want a young gun right now.

Don Nelson will not trade Monta unless Monta wants to be traded. With Mullin gone though, anything is possible with the Warriors. Still, T-Mac has no room onthe Warriors. And I doubt the Warriors would trade away Monta for money when they should be trading Magette...

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

The Rockets need to win now pretty much though. Don't really got time for more development. They already got rid of Rudy Gay and Donte Greene so I doubt Morey will want a young gun right now.

Don Nelson will not trade Monta unless Monta wants to be traded. With Mullin gone though, anything is possible with the Warriors. Still, T-Mac has no room on the Warriors. And I doubt the Warriors would trade away Monta for money when they should be trading Magette...

They were winning this year while developing Aaron Brooks. If they can get the team younger and still build and keep the team highly competitive then im allfor it

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Dupe another team into taking him and his Contract. Why keep him knowing you are better off without him. The Thunder... PDX wouldn't even want him.

I say you send him to Charlotte. no real reason.. Just send him there.
they were trying to send him to jers for vince..

but t-mac deaded that by calling a press conference announcing he'd be out for the season.

Because I so happened to mention his name lol

But in all seriousness if Houston could get him that would be an instant upgrade over what they already have

Because the Warriors aren't any good and they may be looking to rid themselves of some bad deals

And I read somewhere (I forgot where lol) that Monta's kinda fell out of favor there ever since that moped accident he had

Maybe a pipe dream but not unrealistic if any of that was true
indifferent.gif

Because the Warriors aren't any good and they may be looking to rid themselves of some bad deals

And I read somewhere (I forgot where lol) that Monta's kinda fell out of favor there ever since that moped accident he had

indifferent.gif
There are worse contracts on the Warriors than Monta... pieces that don't fit. Let me name a few... Crawford, Maggette, and Jackson (yes, Isaid Jackson even though Rowell will try to convince you otherwise, he just doesn't fit because age is a factor). And that thing you read about Montafalling out of favor, (1) Monta and the Warriors organization have been saying that it's behind them and they're done with it... they're movingforward and (2) It was most likely written by Tim Kawakami who's opinions I agree with for the most part but may be totally wrong on this one becauseit's all speculation on his part. Probably what you've read was outdated.

From the most recent Warriors news I've read is that the Warriors are trying to move their bad contracts but that doesn't include Monta. It primarilyinvolves two players... Maggette and Crawford. If the Warriors were to shed a contract or two, it'd be them two before anybody else.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

indifferent.gif
There are worse contracts on the Warriors than Monta... pieces that don't fit. Let me name a few... Crawford, Maggette, and Jackson (yes, I said Jackson even though Rowell will try to convince you otherwise, he just doesn't fit because age is a factor). And that thing you read about Monta falling out of favor, (1) Monta and the Warriors organization have been saying that it's behind them and they're done with it... they're moving forward and (2) It was most likely written by Tim Kawakami who's opinions I agree with for the most part but may be totally wrong on this one because it's all speculation on his part. Probably what you've read was outdated.

From the most recent Warriors news I've read is that the Warriors are trying to move their bad contracts but that doesn't include Monta. It primarily involves two players... Maggette and Crawford. If the Warriors were to shed a contract or two, it'd be them two before anybody else.

I can dig it. Jackson and Maggette would sorta fit into what we do. I just figured if Monta was to be had it would be stupid if they didn't explore anyavenues to make it happen

Good post btw

Yeah no way Monta is getting traded from the Warriors. Unless he still has beef with Don Nelson. Once again, anything is possible with Don Nelson... JamalCrawford pretty much lost all his PT and end of the season because Nelson wanted to go with a "youth movement," and he also said he will tradeCrawford if he doesn't become a FA... Anyhow, both Crawford and Maggette do not fit with the Rockets. They are the opposite of the Rockets if you watchthem play... Stephen Jackson, after being introduced to the weight room, had one of his best seasons personally... but not team-wise. He is getting old though.

recover season....
or trade him for a pg or sg....

on a side note,
also try to get bruce bowen....
laugh.gif

just to OD on the defensive players....
BATTIER, ARTEST, and BOWEN
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

so we can give diff. looks at kobe, lebron, carmelo, etc....

Honestly there's only one thing to do with someone who never helped you get out the first round, and didn't have a single role in getting your team 1game away from the Conference Finals. Dudes gotta go

I've been to sites where people are asking whether to keep TMac or Artest, and at this point, the answer should be pretty obvious...

Back
Top Bottom