If you're the head/boss of Jordan Brand, how would you take control of those crappy retros?

If I were the boss of Jordan Brand, they should initiate an all-new plan on those. Given the fact that Js are known to be the signature kicks of Mr. Michael Jordan, they should be produced with high-quality products. That said, it could pay respect for the G.O.A.T. himself. Not only Js should be made with excellent products, it should also be affordable. Remember, almost (approximately) 93% of the basketball aficionados do adore Mr. Jordan. For sure, everyone wants to play like Mike. Sell it with a price that ranges between $95-$140 USD. Who cares if majority only uses it as their off-court shoe? Some still ball in 'em despite the likes of Kobe, Lebron, Rose, Durant and Jennings taking over the basketball marker.

With regards of Nike Air, it should be added and establish the brand's own retro line called "Jordan Legacy" where most of the products will be re-issued, only to add a portion where the year of the retro released should be presented, the same way Jordan IV distinctively wrote "TWENTYTWELVE" on their tongue. To be honest, those Js are almost perfect, only they should be made of better materials and that Nike Air thing.

And yes, not only Nike should implement the RSVP system, even all those footwear markets such as Foot Locker, Champs, Finish Line, Eastbay, etc. should create a safer system for all of us to cop new kicks instead of people lining up. After all, lining up for something can cause tragedy. Think of the recent Concord fiasco (There were lots of incidents just so you know.). And who cares if those footwear providers would imitate and be inspired by the RSVP system? What matters is that the industry of athletic footwear should be fair and square, for consumers to feel safe and sound and at the same time, happy that they own a pair of those.

Whoever is from Jordan Brand should read this. I guarentee you this would look better than how you guys do your thing on retros today. I respect you all if ya'll (and also to my fellow NIKETALK users) don't want to consider my idea. How about you all NIKETALK people, how Jordan retros should be managed?

FIRE everyone involved with Jordan brand from the top dawg down to the designers, that's my idea-I know many will disagree but I'm sticking to it.

I'd make it my mission to dispose fakes, raise unfair wages, and help create more jobs here in the u.s. I'd also include the consumers when releasing retros. But put most of my efforts in creating new shoes for those under the brand name. Concentrating on performance and design.

"Adding a new gameplan"
laugh.gif
Why change something that's working.

Whatever Jordan Brand is doing now best suits their business interests. I would follow protocol and keep the faces happy of our investors and stock holders. The cheaper material they use, the more money comes in and the more cheap, outsourced labor to hire and work the factories, fills the pockets of my fellow big wigs. It's about making money my good man, not loyalty. I'm sorry, but have you seen the fan-base, I would not stay loyal to hoarding sneakerheads and thugs. I would take advantage of them more-so, why, because they still buy.

I would however, make more shoes to go around. Make more money.

Money, Money, Money, Monay....................MONAY!!!!

Q: If you're the head/boss of Jordan Brand, how would you take control of those crappy retros?

A: I'd keep pumpin out this crap and let these little kiddies keep eating it up.

you dont change a dam thing, because youre still swimming in the cash.

complaints about quality >>>> doesnt matter because everything still sells out!!!

the only thing id do is make more of certain shoes. have at least one mass restock of most shoes.

welcome to nikecomplaint.com please lodge your complaint constantly and on every thread. If you feel your complaint won't be heard by enough people, please feel free to create yet another complaint thread, because we never can have too many of those

honestly i wouldn't. The demand is so high for jordans that even if the average consumer, recieves a defective pair they would still purchase the item.As long as they got there pair on release day there satisfied. At the end of the day they wouldnt pay reseller prices.

The only thing I would change is bring out a Legacy Series. I would still bring out regular retros but in the proposed Legacy Series, I would release Jordans with the same mold, same packaging, Nike Air branding, and same quality as the originals but would have a special Legacy Series tag on the back of the tongue. I would charge $300 per pair and make it where you would have to be a member of the Legacy Club to even purchase. No campouts either because everything would be online only. Also, as part of this club, the members would get the opportunity to purchase PE colorways.

As for production numbers, I would release 2300 of the OG colorways and 230 of the PE colorways.

Maintain the current prices though
Decrease the retail for the XI mids to
160 and scrap all those fency boxes but
Just come with regular jordan box,
A tag and a retro card.
The shape, materials and colorblocking
Should come very close to the OGs but
Just make a difference in the insoles
Like on the CDPs.
The quality of non air jordan line
Shoes however will keep on
Using the same crappy materials,
Though the paintjob should not
Crack and chip on any model.

You guys forget that Nike has share holders that need to feel good in their investments. All your suggestions are customer centered. Nike is profit/ revenue centered firm.

Quality is not an issue because not everyone considers them bad quality and most that do end up copping anyway.
(Its like complaing the food is nasty but yet you eat it up and then ready eat another helping)

Back in 98/99 Nike created Jordan Brand. When it was created they released a statement that they would produce a wider array of shoes at different price points with the Jumpman logo. While some of us may think they are crappy, Nike has never been in the "RED" its whole existence. That ether says sombody is buying thier crappy kicks or that production is so low that they make a profit even if they give it away.

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

complaints about quality >>>> doesnt matter because everything still sells out!!!
Exactly. No point of me spending more money on better materials and worrying about quality control, when people still buying.

I would use the cheapest material possible lower the prices alittle and make more pairs of every shoe
Then give away defective pairs
They use cheap materials so they can make more profit because ppl say they don't like material,but they like shoe so they do gone buy anyway because of hype
If y'all say you don't like cheap material they use don't buy them somebody ese will be happy to take your potential pairs and these kids don't know about materials and stuff so they don't care They just want jumpmans on they feet
They will only change stuff if y'all stop the king which is cash
So if you want to see better materials don't buy them cause if they see sales going down they gone change it

I'd keep it the same...if I was the head of JB, I wouldn't care about the customers as long as the shoes are selling. Truth be told and word to Wu Tang...C.R.E.A.M

Originally Posted by thenewjs23

You guys forget that Nike has share holders that need to feel good in their investments. All your suggestions are customer centered. Nike is profit/ revenue centered firm.
Quality is not an issue because not everyone considers them bad quality and most that do end up copping anyway.
(Its like complaing the food is nasty but yet you eat it up and then ready eat another helping)

Back in 98/99 Nike created Jordan Brand. When it was created they released a statement that they would produce a wider array of shoes at different price points with the Jumpman logo. While some of us may think they are crappy, Nike has never been in the "RED" its whole existence. That ether says sombody is buying thier crappy kicks or that production is so low that they make a profit even if they give it away.

that. funny when back in the day they made quality products with not so big margins compared to now. its the opposite effect in todays times, producing substandard quality for cheaper and maximizing profit. nike is going backwards and making more money. since when was moving backwards productive instead of moving forward? works in nikes case
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airdhazzal

"Adding a new gameplan"
laugh.gif
Why change something that's working.

Whatever Jordan Brand is doing now best suits their business interests. I would follow protocol and keep the faces happy of our investors and stock holders. The cheaper material they use, the more money comes in and the more cheap, outsourced labor to hire and work the factories, fills the pockets of my fellow big wigs. It's about making money my good man, not loyalty. I'm sorry, but have you seen the fan-base, I would not stay loyal to hoarding sneakerheads and thugs. I would take advantage of them more-so, why, because they still buy.

I would however, make more shoes to go around. Make more money.

Money, Money, Money, Monay....................MONAY!!!!
roll.gif
 This caught me off-guard. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

And I completely agree with this. The sad part about the current milking of retros is that when it's all said and done (ie when JB loses its cool factor) many people will be left with piles of sneakers worth less than what they paid for it.

op you can't have it all. You want better quality and a reduced price? Last time I checked nike was a capitalist corporation, and as such their priority is to maximise shareholder profit. You think they best serve their shareholders by lowering their revenue and raising their expenses? You want better quality? Every single man on this board wants better quality. If they give you better quality don't complain if they raise their prices
And this doesn't even begin to take inflation into account. A $150 shoe from 10 years ago would retail for about $230 with 4% inflation. Nike isn't stupid. To keep the same margin they had from back then they have only two options: reduce quality with cheaper materials or raise prices.
Since everyone throws a hissy fit whenever they mention a price rise, they chose to give us crap quality

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

THIS.... i might even up the price 50-60 bucks and continue to sit back and laugh at all of us who continue to throw away our money....

which they will eventually do in the near future....
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

op you can't have it all. You want better quality and a reduced price? Last time I checked nike was a capitalist corporation, and as such their priority is to maximise shareholder profit. You think they best serve their shareholders by lowering their revenue and raising their expenses? You want better quality? Every single man on this board wants better quality. If they give you better quality don't complain if they raise their prices
And this doesn't even begin to take inflation into account. A $150 shoe from 10 years ago would retail for about $230 with 4% inflation. Nike isn't stupid. To keep the same margin they had from back then they have only two options: reduce quality with cheaper materials or raise prices.
Since everyone throws a hissy fit whenever they mention a price rise, they chose to give us crap quality
This!!!!!

simple....all og colorways except 1 new (STRATEGIC) colorway, and 3-4 colorways total for the shoe that release. Increase quality by 50% (some better materials, cushioning, closeness to ogs, etc...) increase production numbers by 50%, AND decrease price to $140 ACROSS THE BOARD.

I know the company would take a lil bit of a financial hit, but it would still make crazy revenue while upping customer satisfaction.

and no more GIMMICKS OR PACKS!!!! Only 2 packs have been worthy of both shoes and that is the 1st DMP and the 11/12 cdp

Maybe a 7 year limit between retro's of the colorways. (5-7 years is what I feel is the approx life of a shoe if it is actually worn and taken care of) I mean we just got retro xiv wht red, so lets wait 7 years before we see them again (jb only waited 6 this time)

Do special orders for all retro's when they are going to be released. Simply go to Jordan website a few months prior to release date, login and place an order (max two pairs) thus ensuring all would get their requests (none left on the shelves). Eliminates re-sellers. Only allowing 2 pairs would allow JB to re-release shoes every 5 years or so when either previous owners shoes were beat or new collectors emerge. just an idea

Back
Top Bottom