If you're the head/boss of Jordan Brand, how would you take control of those crappy retros?

like everyone said but make the quality even worst
devil.gif
, now they gon think to themselves "damb I need more than one pair fambs". Also give those pairs to Ye, Wale, The Mayor(whatever he known for) & who ever else people trying to swagger jack in this "shoe game"

*even more money coming in*

Spoiler [+]
Face it fambs, the days of being a "sneakerhead" are well over.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PTone

Q: If you're the head/boss of Jordan Brand, how would you take control of those crappy retros?

A: I'd keep pumpin out this crap and let these little kiddies keep eating it up.
This is the truth.

You don't change a thing.  You're making big money off of a product that is being churned out for fractions on the dollar and people are killing themselves and others, falling all over themselves to throw their hard-earned money at you.

It's a very sensible and viable business model that is working.  You don't change a thing until they stop buying your product and make the necessary demands with their money, by not spending it.

It's perfect really.  You have a whole cross-section of the population that is ill-informed and ignorant of your previous standards, so they know no better than to continue to consume consume consume the inferior product.

And, I don't blame people for their ignorance one bit.  It's asking too much to assume people would educate themselves, take a history lesson and do their homework.  If people aren't force fed something through the TV, magazines, or music, it isn't going to get across.

/RANT

If I called the shots at JB? As others have said, keep that $ rolling in as is. Continue
-cutting corners on quality/materials
-slowly increase prices
-occasionally limit stuff I know everyone wants/hype the hell out of every release
-ugly CWs, ugly fusions (that are "trendy" with all the young kids)
-continue bastardized versions of Js at the lower price point

Oh yeah, and troll hard with my 1/1 cw of retros no one else can get their hands on. Admit it, if you were REALLY in the position you'd do the same.

Originally Posted by JordanJayyy7

I'd make it my mission to dispose fakes, raise unfair wages, and help create more jobs here in the u.s. I'd also include the consumers when releasing retros. But put most of my efforts in creating new shoes for those under the brand name. Concentrating on performance and design.
You would have my vote, but i only disagree with the mission to dispose fakes would be a waste of $$$. Thats like war on drugs, its never gonna stop....The international market is too big.

But the business answer to this is.......Give the people a small dose of what they want and penny pinch them a generation of shoes over the next 100 years....This Jordan epidemic is will last a few lifetimes.

146264d6183f0818538b380fb89eb131f39b3b4b_r.gif

but I'd make the materials even cheaper and pay my child workers in China even less to make the shoes. Every now and then make an amazing quality retro which is incredibly limited so only a couple hundred people get them that way everybody loves the brand due to hype, very little marketing. Ride the fad of sneaker collecting. Become a multi billionaire, marry Kim K and Kanye in Egypt at top a pyramid.

Originally Posted by sthebest

The only thing I would change is bring out a Legacy Series. I would still bring out regular retros but in the proposed Legacy Series, I would release Jordans with the same mold, same packaging, Nike Air branding, and same quality as the originals but would have a special Legacy Series tag on the back of the tongue. I would charge $300 per pair and make it where you would have to be a member of the Legacy Club to even purchase. No campouts either because everything would be online only. Also, as part of this club, the members would get the opportunity to purchase PE colorways.

As for production numbers, I would release 2300 of the OG colorways and 230 of the PE colorways.

damn u got it figured out kid
pimp.gif

they only need to do one thing

add in lunar soles like the frees

make them comfortable

i cant stand uncomfortable skimped cushion shoes.

for that price of j's i want the shoe to feel like im walking on clouds/pillows. i mean i can get some free runs or SB's and b on my feet 2 days strait and be comfortable. with certain J's (their are a few i wear out that are comfy) my feet killing me within a few hours.

1) Lower the quantity produced and focus the money to raise the quality of the ones produced
2) Create more jobs in the US.

3) Stop fusions and fakes.

Originally Posted by jayzrdead

Originally Posted by sthebest

The only thing I would change is bring out a Legacy Series. I would still bring out regular retros but in the proposed Legacy Series, I would release Jordans with the same mold, same packaging, Nike Air branding, and same quality as the originals but would have a special Legacy Series tag on the back of the tongue. I would charge $300 per pair and make it where you would have to be a member of the Legacy Club to even purchase. No campouts either because everything would be online only. Also, as part of this club, the members would get the opportunity to purchase PE colorways.

As for production numbers, I would release 2300 of the OG colorways and 230 of the PE colorways.

damn u got it figured out kid
pimp.gif
I would take this idea a step further by implementing a Ferrari style memebership system. Meaning, all shoes are numbered, if your number shoe shoes up on any marketplace (ebay, craigslist) that isnt the sanctioned jordan legacy marketplace, you are no longer allowed to purchase future Legacy releases.

Originally Posted by sundro2000

Keep making them cheap and watch my pay increase

laugh.gif

pshh, i'd raise each one to 300 dollars a pair and make em hand made in italy...EFF if most of ya can't afford em.

Jordan himself doesn't give a flying crap, the company is making money hand over fist.

Until sales taper off, they'll be charging more and more.

Originally Posted by Gry60

Originally Posted by airdhazzal

"Adding a new gameplan"
laugh.gif
Why change something that's working.

Whatever Jordan Brand is doing now best suits their business interests. I would follow protocol and keep the faces happy of our investors and stock holders. The cheaper material they use, the more money comes in and the more cheap, outsourced labor to hire and work the factories, fills the pockets of my fellow big wigs. It's about making money my good man, not loyalty. I'm sorry, but have you seen the fan-base, I would not stay loyal to hoarding sneakerheads and thugs. I would take advantage of them more-so, why, because they still buy.

I would however, make more shoes to go around. Make more money.

Money, Money, Money, Monay....................MONAY!!!!
roll.gif
 This caught me off-guard. 
roll.gif
roll.gif

And I completely agree with this. The sad part about the current milking of retros is that when it's all said and done (ie when JB loses its cool factor) many people will be left with piles of sneakers worth less than what they paid for it.

That's the thing, JB isn't going to lose it's cool factor anytime soon! resellers and the newbie so-called sneakerheads will keep the game alive for a very loooong time.

and i agree, no need to change anything if your product is like heroin to drug addicts!! #BLUEMAGIC

maybe add a little more comfort to the 1s, 4s, and 11s cause those feel like your walking on a combination of concrete/sheet metal LMAO!

THe only real problem I see Jordan Brand having is coming up w/ new designs & marketing to get people to beast over their new kicks & clothes the way they do the retros.

i would replace the line with a whole line of "alpha" shoes, and then only retro the old versions sparingly. i'd release one alpha revamp each year in proper order.

that and/or nikeid the lot

nike and jb would definitely get a lot more of my money with these than they are now.

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Pepman, if you initiated any single part of your "new game plan", the shareholders would kick your @ss to the curb faster than you can say "f*ck vampire movies!!!"  See, as others have mentioned, as CEO of a company (which is what I presume you mean by "the boss of Jordan Brand"), your responsibility is to make the company as profitable as possible for the shareholders.  As it sits right now, they have an incredible formula.  They are cutting costs on materials and workmanship, resulting in low grade quality shoes, all while gradually driving up MSRPs, and yet, they are maintaining spectacular sales.  Now here YOU come along and want to CHANGE that by decreasing profits?  On what planet did you figure that would land you a job as "the boss" of ANYthing?  What incentive is there to do what you're suggesting if the current formula is allowing this company to prosper immensely at a time when many companies are not only down, but going out of business?

See, what YOU'RE talking about is what you WISH for as a consumer, not a CEO.  And if all you guys complaining about quality were really serious and wanted to see a change, you'd stop forking over your money for POS retros like I did years ago.  The only way a change is going to occur with ANYTHING in life is if you force the hand in question to do so.  It sure as hell isn't going to happen merely by complaining about a product while you still beg the company to take your $180 from you for the same product you're complaining about.  Again, there is no incentive or reason for them to change.  Morals, principals and honor are a nice thought, but unfortunately, this is America and these things have no place here.  Money is the ever reigning CEO of this nation, and it has deemed morals, principals and honor as "unprofitable".

That's experience and brains right there.now lock this thread.haha.kidding. Funny to see that the younger and so called sneaker heads of this generation are rocking Jordan's. When they are supposed to rock Kobe's shoes, some air max lebrons and kd's because that's their generation. Either they weren't even born yet or they were too young during mj's dominance in the nba. A lot has changed. From quality to the prices. Sheesh....

I wouldn't if i was the boss i would keep thing as they are to make as much money possible sad but thats how businesses work

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by sundro2000

Keep making them cheap and watch my pay increase

laugh.gif

pshh, i'd raise each one to 300 dollars a pair and make em hand made in italy...EFF if most of ya can't afford em.
I had something similar in mind.
Bring back Nike Air, 90's quality, and charge $250 per. After seeing what happen with the Lebron Elite 9's, I would not be surprised if this actually happens. Make it even harder

for people to resell. 

No more fusions, EVER. Go back to regional releases.

Bring back Flightclub. Limited release every 3 months.

I'd restart the BIN line, maybe raise the price, because they all sold out and some resell for $500-$900 now... (from a biz standpoint I don't know why they stopped)
I'd probably bite ideas from AF1 retro colors that look classy for retro+, maybe hire some legit designers, not colorblind children in wheelchairs or even worse, Spike Lee.

I'd teach "spell-check" to the clothing designers. maybe even give a "classy" line of clothes a chance where XL doesn't fit like a Euro XXXXL
but what do I know, I only have common sense and good taste 
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by bullsfan4life

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Pepman, if you initiated any single part of your "new game plan", the shareholders would kick your @ss to the curb faster than you can say "f*ck vampire movies!!!"  See, as others have mentioned, as CEO of a company (which is what I presume you mean by "the boss of Jordan Brand"), your responsibility is to make the company as profitable as possible for the shareholders.  As it sits right now, they have an incredible formula.  They are cutting costs on materials and workmanship, resulting in low grade quality shoes, all while gradually driving up MSRPs, and yet, they are maintaining spectacular sales.  Now here YOU come along and want to CHANGE that by decreasing profits?  On what planet did you figure that would land you a job as "the boss" of ANYthing?  What incentive is there to do what you're suggesting if the current formula is allowing this company to prosper immensely at a time when many companies are not only down, but going out of business?

See, what YOU'RE talking about is what you WISH for as a consumer, not a CEO.  And if all you guys complaining about quality were really serious and wanted to see a change, you'd stop forking over your money for POS retros like I did years ago.  The only way a change is going to occur with ANYTHING in life is if you force the hand in question to do so.  It sure as hell isn't going to happen merely by complaining about a product while you still beg the company to take your $180 from you for the same product you're complaining about.  Again, there is no incentive or reason for them to change.  Morals, principals and honor are a nice thought, but unfortunately, this is America and these things have no place here.  Money is the ever reigning CEO of this nation, and it has deemed morals, principals and honor as "unprofitable".

That's experience and brains right there.now lock this thread.haha.kidding. Funny to see that the younger and so called sneaker heads of this generation are rocking Jordan's. When they are supposed to rock Kobe's shoes, some air max lebrons and kd's because that's their generation. Either they weren't even born yet or they were too young during mj's dominance in the nba. A lot has changed. From quality to the prices. Sheesh....
Well said. If everyone stuck it to jb and they had XIs etc. sitting without riots and murders, they'd be so perplexed they'd have to change something. But this ain't gonna happen. 

Jan - jordan 1s/2's
feb - 3's/4's
mar - 5's/6's
apr - 7's/8's
may - 9's/10's
jun - 11's/12's
jul - 13's/14's
aug - 15's/16's
sept - 17's/ 18's
oct - 19's/20's
nov - 21's/22's
Dec - 23's / Random Pack

Originally Posted by Al Bundy5

op you can't have it all. You want better quality and a reduced price? Last time I checked nike was a capitalist corporation, and as such their priority is to maximise shareholder profit. You think they best serve their shareholders by lowering their revenue and raising their expenses? You want better quality? Every single man on this board wants better quality. If they give you better quality don't complain if they raise their prices
And this doesn't even begin to take inflation into account. A $150 shoe from 10 years ago would retail for about $230 with 4% inflation. Nike isn't stupid. To keep the same margin they had from back then they have only two options: reduce quality with cheaper materials or raise prices.
Since everyone throws a hissy fit whenever they mention a price rise, they chose to give us crap quality
Inflation hasn't been that high.  It's been like half of that(like 2%), plus interest rates are low which is allowing people to borrow more. 

Back
Top Bottom