IKEA Home for $86,500

Originally Posted by Al Audi

Ikea is garbage.

Easy Pass
grin.gif

So how many of ya that say Ikea is garbage had their stuff crumble in front of your eyes?

Show hands.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

So how many of ya that say Ikea is garbage had their stuff crumble in front of your eyes?

Show hands.
it's the same NT thinking that "it's still a Hyundai"; they just talk

Show hands.

Right here. Bed frame/dinner table. GARBAGE

Ikea is garbage.

Easy Pass
Not all of their stuff. Sorry man but that's just not true. My entire bedroom set is Ikea and I've had most of it since 1997, people still compliment how new it looks.

I've had a few dresser's break down/fall apart on me. But this is after 3-4 years. Now my parent's have stuff from the 80's thats still holding up. Ikea stuff is cheap and functional, but I just wouldn't count on it lasting for more than 5 years.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Show hands.

Right here. Bed frame/dinner table. GARBAGE
laugh.gif

damn man...sorry to hear that...i guess im one of the few that has had a wonderful experience with all their items...

and that is why i stick to ikea, yeha its cheap, but im also not looking at furniture as an investment, im not gonna spend 5k on a bedroom set, ill grow tired of in 3 years...i rather spend 1000$ on multiple dressers, accesories and a bed and be done with it and move on to something new after some time....ikea is perfect for that, my entire bedroom is ikea, everything is holding up just fine and i just recently built my closet from scratch using their system, now that was a risky move on my part being that the closet i just cant swap out that easy, but im hoping this thing holds up, im loving my new wardrobes, give my room a whole new more modern feel.....for its cost, ikea stuff is nice and it looks great and modern.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Ikea is garbage.

Easy Pass
Not all of their stuff. Sorry man but that's just not true. My entire bedroom set is Ikea and I've had most of it since 1997, people still compliment how new it looks.
As a kid, I had an Ikea bed that was purchased in the mid-1990s. It was very well made - I kept it about 15 years and then sold it.

Unfortunately, the quality has declined significantly. I'm not mad though, because you get what you pay for. My current bedroom set is actually from Ikea, but let's just say I don't expect it to last that long.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

Originally Posted by Keif Sweat

Ikea is garbage.

Easy Pass
grin.gif
it's no better quality than target. if you disagree you're lying to yourself. 
I've never bought nor used Target furniture so I can't agree or disagree but from my experience Ikea is great for its price point and when taken care of the stuff can last a very long time. Plus Target makes some quality clothes and other random stuff so I wouldn't doubt that there furniture isn't too bad either.

Yall must not put the things together right or are doing reckless damage to your furniture from Ikea
laugh.gif
Wear and tear is one thing but becoming completely useless after 2-3 years?

Anyway, duly noted

tumblr_lnaxgiDJB01qaggjuo1_500.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Yall must not put the things together right or are doing reckless damage to your furniture from Ikea
laugh.gif
Wear and tear is one thing but becoming completely useless after 2-3 years?

Anyway, duly noted

tumblr_lnaxgiDJB01qaggjuo1_500.gif

That's what I'm thinking...dude probably thought he can do away without usin those damn little wood thingies
laugh.gif
That's the one thing about Ikea, don't skip ANY step and use all the screws, bolts, nuts and wood thingies that the package comes with.

i thinks its dope but will it last until you even pay the 87k plus interest off?

and that is why i stick to ikea, yeha its cheap, but im also not looking at furniture as an investment, im not gonna spend 5k on a bedroom set, ill grow tired of in 3 years...i rather spend 1000$ on multiple dressers, accesories and a bed and be done with it and move on to something new after some time....ikea is perfect for that, my entire bedroom is ikea, everything is holding up just fine and i just recently built my closet from scratch using their system, now that was a risky move on my part being that the closet i just cant swap out that easy, but im hoping this thing holds up, im loving my new wardrobes, give my room a whole new more modern feel.....for its cost, ikea stuff is nice and it looks great and modern.
Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom