Im 22 and im losing my hair FML...

Originally Posted by RedMan

Look into biotin. You can get it from Walmart.

biotin will make the existing hair you have grow faster but it wont stop hairloss

i completely agree with what Brondiesel said. its definitely being caused by all the crap we are being exposed to in our environment. i dont believe that the diseases and conditions we have are simply caused by genetics.

i started losing my hair at 22/23 out of nowhere. its not a simple case of male pattern baldness.

Losing hair is just a part of life....there is nothing you can do about it.

Do you stress a lot? Maybe wear a lot of fitted caps? I hear fitteds can speed up the the process of getting a receding hairline (think of the way its always pushed up against your hairline and whatnot... it makes sense). I've also heard that certain shampoos can contribute to this. I forget the chemical, but it thins your hair. And as a lot of people know, thinner hair = bald sooner.

Which side of the family doesn't matter, have two cousins, brothers.  The youngest one (29) started going bald at 22, while the oldest one (33) is working with a full set of hair.
Lot of baldness on mom's side, from the looks of it I have my dad's hairline.  Pop's has a full head of hair at the young age of 62.

Im 19 and just have a bad hairline altogether
ohwell.gif

I feel some of yalls pain.

Im white and Ive had a bad hairline since high school really. Lady at my local Sports Clips told me to but the Nioxin Shampoo, and I honestly cant tell if its working or not. I think my hair appears a little thicker, but Idk.

I dont have the bald spot on the top of my head, but near my temple its going. I try not to stress about it, but easier said than done. Im trying to grow my hair out to see how it looks cause I usually rock it pretty short so we'll see

Anyone use the Rogaine Foam?

Originally Posted by MrYoungMoney

Originally Posted by hAzEee aNd sN3aKerS

organicroots08.jpg
organic-root-stimulator-olive-oil-sheen-spray-115-oz-elevate-styles.jpg
I'm a barber and use this on my clients.
Mainly the one on the right though, causes hair growth, nourishment, takes away dandruff/flakes too. 

I usually spray it on the scalp, not the hair. 
So this stuff and biotin will make your hair grow faster? where to cop?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by superflyinchopstickninja

Maybe wear a lot of fitted caps? I hear fitteds can speed up the the process of getting a receding hairline (think of the way its always pushed up against your hairline and whatnot... it makes sense)

Proven false through science, check what I posted in this thread regarding myths.

Originally Posted by JD214

joeykadesh wrote:

Don't know, but don't hats just make it worse?
nerd.gif

Nah, hats don't do anything.  Don't know how that rumor started.  If it was true than most people in MLB would be balding.  We need a FAQ for hair since this forum is obsessed with hair but have a lot of false information.  Our scalps aren't chia pets.  I doubt anyone covers their head 24/7 to cause damage to their follicles.
I'm skeptical about the claims of Head & Shoulders causing hair loss.  You can probably find a few cases like that for any brand shampoo.  If a shampoo caused hair loss then that brand would be out of business soon.  I've been using H&S for years and my hair grows really fast and thick.

The only time I've had more hair fall out than normal is when i'm really stressed and haven't been eating healthy.

My hair started thinning at 24 (not a hat guy either).....got joked about it a few times after I cut my cornrows. Not going to lie I was depressed like hell.lol I'm 25 now and have been using perfect image solutions minoxidil and the shampoo for the last 5 months to get most of my frontal hair back. I highly recommend. Just have to stay on point with the applications daily. Cheaper than getting a hair transplant if it works. If you are young with thinning hair always best to treat right away before it gets worse. Also anything that is stressing you out forget about it. Try to stay happy.

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

who cares man it's just hair. don't trip.

THIS.  I guess it sucks as it's happening (I'm in my mid-30s and starting to get pretty thin on top myself), but you can always remember that there are a lot worse things that can happen to you than hair loss.  It is mostly genetic but things such as stress, diet, caffeine, and exercise can all be (but aren't necessarily) contributing factors in some way.  Another factor that is rarely talked about that can cause hair loss is thyroid disease.  Millions of Americans have it and don't even know it.

Toco-8, taken with 10 grams of sesame seeds eaeryday= !@##%%+ crazy hair growth 
eek.gif
, real talk my hair grows twice as fast 

What can I use to get some more facial hair? I can't connect my goatee with my mustache... I'm trying to get that Asian gangster look with the chinstrap and the goatee 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by mjd77

Originally Posted by JTPlatnum

who cares man it's just hair. don't trip.

THIS.  I guess it sucks as it's happening (I'm in my mid-30s and starting to get pretty thin on top myself), but you can always remember that there are a lot worse things that can happen to you than hair loss.  It is mostly genetic but things such as stress, diet, caffeine, and exercise can all be (but aren't necessarily) contributing factors in some way.  Another factor that is rarely talked about that can cause hair loss is thyroid disease.  Millions of Americans have it and don't even know it.
I'm 24 and my hair is way gone. I just cut it down to a #1, keep my beard game tight and you'd be surprised how people don't notice.  I've been pulling more tail as a bald man in the bast 6 months than in the two years I tried to hide it and comb it over.  Embrace it, and be confident, you'll be surprised by the results...

I'm 25 and I get the 1.5 beard and hairline. It only looks like i'm "LeBroning" when I don't get a cut for about 3 weeks.

The minute I noticed it was thinning slightly I stepped my beard game up.

I'm 20 (about to be 21) and I've had thinning hair on my temples and the top of my head since probably my senior year in high school. It is what it is just try not to think about it too much. I have been using the Hair Regrowth Shampoo from Perfect Image, which you can find on Amazon, and it has helped a bit. Hasn't helped on the temples but the hair on top is a bit thicker.

Back
Top Bottom