im 24.......posters in my room? yay or nay?

who the eff cares, i'm 24 as well I still live with my family and I have a mix of posters and art on my walls. I got this one in plain site in my room:

fallensonwolv1.jpg

I think you should find a nice art painting on canvas, but not something that you would think the ladies would like, look for something that when you go in your place and look at it you feel some kinda connection...that might sound madd gay but honestly I have 2 canvas pieces in my room that I got from my dad before he moved down to FL and he had them since the 70's. One is 2 hands colored in black holding up a sun the 2nd is a waterfall painting of Kaieteur Falls in guyana. Everytime I look at them I feel good about having them on my wall.

Eff the people in this thread saying you NEED to have artsy pieces in your room, its your room you do what the eff you wanna do...

Personally any girl thats been in my room hasn't said squat to me...it's not more of a matter what posters you have in your room to me its all about arrangement of your stuff in your spot. Keep your place comfortable for both you and your guests and don't have it cluttered with %%%*. Find a nice t.v and nice little coffee table some comfortable furniture throw some %%%* on the wall and your good.

$@+# I have toys hanging on my wall. I dont care I am who I am. And if I meet a girl that dont like it I'll @!@% her friend.

Originally Posted by JRodski

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

you been livin in moms till 24? 

^yup and i have one helluva safety cushion saved up.....

Thing is though, my room @ home so small and cramped with sneakers that i gave up all hope for tryna make it look nice a long time ago. now i wanna go all out in my place to make it my own but i dont wanna over do it.

Still collecting sneaks at 24?
laugh.gif
jk but really having posters of hot guys like Kobe(pause) up on your wall is just gonna throw off your game. Shorty's gonna be thinking of Kobe when you're smashing.

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I personally have framed all of my posters, thought any other way just looks cheap.

I put up a Rat Pack poster, a Ewing one, framed some photo art of NYC, and a nice wide framed Pulp Fiction one, as well as a few others.
Pics?
I'm home on break right now, I'll make sure to take pictures when I get back to my place.

I took Mine down, and Im 21.....dunno why, I just looked round My room one day n saw Pac, Vick, Alicia, Megan Good, n lil kim, n halle n was like yeaah its bout that time lol

Originally Posted by Megatron187em

i got posters of ken griffey jr, emmit smith, calvin johnson, and selena gomez topless in my room and i always have girls in there, nothing wrong unless its some weak stuff like kim cardashian or jayz
Being 12 and having your mom come in all the time to clean the room or pick-up your clothes for laundry is different.

Originally Posted by Megatron187em

i got posters of ken griffey jr, emmit smith, calvin johnson, and selena gomez topless in my room and i always have girls in there, nothing wrong unless its some weak stuff like kim cardashian or jayz

lies...
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by theprocessofbelief

Originally Posted by nuggets

art = accepted...but seriously how u gonna feel when you bring mami home from the club/party, throw her on your bed then she gives you a
ohwell.gif
indifferent.gif
when she see a sneaker poster on the wall?

You tell her unless its the last thing she ever wants to see, she'll shut her mouth and complete the transaction.
roll.gif
roll.gif

Actually framed posters arent so bad. so youre a bball enthusiasts, a kobe fan and the space jam is just hot!! Keep em up!!! set a theme...

its ok while you live at your moms and still within a reasonable age, at 24 and having your own place, you should have grown passed that, print out some pictures and put frames up on your walls.

I say yay. But framed. I hate seeing posters thumbtacked...

And ya'll are funny...

"Step your grown man up"...shut the hell up.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

framed movie posters
pimp.gif

i'm the same age and just started decorating my room since I moved out. I decided im gonna do movie posters and get them framed, and there are good sites out there with cheap official posters (movie theater size) as well as cheap frames - even snap-on ones that let you change posters easily. Just got this french poster of THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY that's going up first

rjqjqd.jpg

That's a nice poster right here.

I personally feel like framed posters, especially movie posters, look nice. Especially if you keep a theme going on.

My older brother had Fight Club, Taxi Driver & Reservoir Dogs posters framed in his room. They tied his room together nicely.

ohh yeah, you can also frame your posters....that doesnt look as bad....but just stickin posters on your wall....that *$+! looks tacky....

As some of the people have said its all in the presentation. If you just tape them to the wall thats a no-go. get some frames and put them on the wall like they are supposed to be there. Also does the new apt/house have a room for a man-cave? This is where they should go. if your concern is a chick seeing them all chicks understand the game room. Just make it a clean presentation.

My bedroom has a signed MJ poster, a signed Ken Griffey game worn 1997 jersey framed, and my office has everything possible hanging everywhere, and I just moved in, and I am 32, who cares..

I just moved out of my old house, and as I took down my magazine pages, and posters it dawned on me how tacky it all looked. I'm 24 as well. Just moved into a new apartment, and got some sick lighting and pieces to hang and it looks a bajillion times better my friend. I guess if you wanna keep doin the poster thing, maybe frame it?

Do what makes you happy. No matter how immature or lame it may seem. Hell, I'm 26, I recently bought some OG TMNT action figures and super shred. I have twin boys. When they start playng with action figures I'm going to be right there with them. In my shoe room, I have a Perry the Platypus, Patrick, Genie, and Uga standing as guards. My lady loves it. I plan on putting framed movie posters and posters of some iconic figures up.

If it's a nice poster, and framed, I think it's cool for an adult. Personally, I have old framed paintings in my rooms.

Back
Top Bottom