im 24.......posters in my room? yay or nay?

JRaW’d

formerly jrodski
Im 24 and im about to move out moms crib in about a month. I've got some ill posters i've been sittin on and i wanted to hang em when i moved. thing is its a 1 room apt and if i hung em anywhere it would have to be in the bedroom.

one of the posters is the sole collector space jam xi poster, which is CRACK. the others 3 are kobe posters/ads that are hung in sneaker stores for promo which are also ill.

My concern is a chick coming over seeing these things and thinkin ima dork on the low. I think the XI poster can slide, but the kobe posters....ehhhhh
ohwell.gif
i dont know. Being 24 and having a grown man on your wall could be seen as weird....

gimme some insight NT.....

Eh, I'd advise getting some real portraits.

You don't want no broads comin over and seein you still hanging up posters.

laugh.gif

i got posters of ken griffey jr, emmit smith, calvin johnson, and selena gomez topless in my room and i always have girls in there, nothing wrong unless its some weak stuff like kim cardashian or jayz

I'd say no. Get your grown man on
pimp.gif
. Set a theme or something. Get some decent paintings or something like that.

you been livin in moms till 24?

anyways, posters at that age is not a good look. unless they are tasteful grown man posters. in that case, frame em and hang up. you can definitely get away with an XI poster or a dope kobe one if its framed and hung in a tasteful spot. but besides that, at your age it is time to replace them with some art or fancy photographs or that kind of !*$#.

do you you know... but get some framed or canvased art tho... in my hallways tho I still have movie posters... but I'm a film guy... but do you u know...

Originally Posted by o fenomeno

you been livin in moms till 24? 

^yup and i have one helluva safety cushion saved up.....

Thing is though, my room @ home so small and cramped with sneakers that i gave up all hope for tryna make it look nice a long time ago. now i wanna go all out in my place to make it my own but i dont wanna over do it.

It would be more appropriate to hang them in your bedroom than living room. If you were thinking about hanging them in your living room then thats a different story. I think you can decorate your room how you want if the stuff isnt tacky. I have alot of sports memorabilia in my bedroom. I have 3 framed autographed jerseys hanging on the wall.

I feel like you could make some posters work if you frame them. But none of the posters you have will work.

Originally Posted by Noskey

I feel like you could make some posters work if you frame them. But none of the posters you have will work.

^ the XI poster would be dope framed, the kobe ones......not so much

also, just think i should throw this out there.... im black, im into black chicks, and some of you know the sistaz aint havin it...... 

lol, I got posters I'll probably never hang.

o well maybe I'll do it for a hallway or store if I open one up.

Hang 'em in your closet so when you looking for a shirt to wear you can look at your posters at the same time.

Posters will always remind me of my college years. I only have framed artwork now but then I have some skateboard decks on my wall too. Do you but I say no.

Back
Top Bottom