I'm 24 Years Old and I Think I'm Gonna Get Back Into the Shoe Game

When I turned 19, I swore off sneakers (aside for air maxes) and transitioned to boat shoes, loafers, and over all more casual dressy shoes.

But lately as I've gotten older and I have less time to really pursue and indulge things that I enjoy I notice whenever I do go shopping I'm buying campy things that remind me of my childhood.  Retro tees, old dvds and memorabilia, and retro sneakers.  I've been loading up on more and more old Nikes/Jordans and it just occurred to me I'm getting back into the shoe game, be it for nostalgia reasons or whatever.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Originally Posted by jumpman247

There's still a shoe game?

it' not what it used to be.  I got into an argument with my friend's girl the other day when she said "every Black man between the ages of 14-30 is a sneaker head."

I told her that sentence was wrong on so many different levels, but decided to leave it alone when she pointed at my OG 95s and said even my boyfriend just bought those exact same air max 97s from footlocker.

you and me both Nako, but I'm 28....they got me back when I got Flu Games early, then Spacejams and red 12s. Now I'm looking to the next 12 months with a laser focus. I guess we never really leave, just go on hiatus

its not a game
eyes.gif

but

welcome back

im tempted too for the same reasons as OP.. but i like to wear my kicks & now that im a little more grown.. theres less opportunity to wear them out. i got a 9 to 5 & on weekends i like just wearing my chucks.

I've been thinking about getting back into getting buying sneakers again, but something always comes up thats more important. I'm 24 myself but i just don't have the urge to do it anymore.

I think for most people real life just comes into play
laugh.gif
. I really slowed down once i move out on my own 5 years ago. Now i'm married with a kid on the way, shoes are the last thing on my mind.

By the time i was 21 i had around 70-80 pairs of sneaker. After selling most or giving it to my younger brother i'm done to around 30 pairs now.

Only time i'm ever gonna blow money on shoes is on my child. I ain't raising no sketchers wearing rugrat
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Law3001

I've been thinking about getting back into getting buying sneakers again, but something always comes up thats more important. I'm 24 myself but i just don't have the urge to do it anymore.

laugh.gif
. I really slowed down once i move out on my own 5 years ago. Now i'm married with a kid on the way, shoes are the last thing on my mind.

By the time i was 21 i had around 70-80 pairs of sneaker. After selling most or giving it to my younger brother i'm done to around 30 pairs now.

Only time i'm ever gonna blow money on shoes is on my child. I ain't raising no sketchers wearing rugrat
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
QFT. Im down to 10 pairs from 100 but being 29 I'm now spending money on receivers, speakers, furniture, blu rays, tile, etc.

Why are you thinking about getting back into the shoe game? You want more random attention from other males? Because unless you plan on doing it for re-selling purposes, that is the ONLY thing that you get out of it.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
So true

If i were you i would not get back into the shoe game. Im 25 and im trying to leave it

Sneakers are dead

Originally Posted by Nako XL

it' not what it used to be.  I got into an argument with my friend's girl the other day when she said "every Black man between the ages of 14-30 is a sneaker head."

I told her that sentence was wrong on so many different levels, but decided to leave it alone when she pointed at my OG 95s and said even my boyfriend just bought those exact same air max 97s from footlocker.

LOL @ Every? Does she know what the word EVERY means?

When never leave the shoe game. You might take a break from it, but somehow you get back into it. Especially with all the stuff that is dropping in 2010.

I got a question for DC. I know your the king of the General forum because you post a lot in here, But were you ever a big sneakerhead?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by Nako XL

LOL @ Every? Does she know what the word EVERY means?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

Sneakers are dead
... for people who were or are in it for the hype. 

And DC, I don't buy kicks to impress dudes on a sneaker forum. 
laugh.gif
 I buy what I like because I like shoes. My wife and I both just love shoes.

Nostalgia is a big reason. In the past I couldn't, now my situation is better, so I do

Originally Posted by SupremeApe

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
So true

If i were you i would not get back into the shoe game. Im 25 and im trying to leave it

Sneakers are dead
I was just telling my girl that I'm done with sneakers and I'm 29.  I keep the kids fresh, give me some nice canvas white or black kicks or some boat shoes and I'm good.  Too old to keep up now and it's all recycled garbage after a while *shrugs*

Back
Top Bottom