I'm 95% Sure I'm Quitting My Job

I just had enough, my boss is a complete miserable @*#%*$@ and there have been a lot of rumors of them cleaning house. And aside from that bs, the pay isnowhere near enough to make me happy. Without giving away too much information I work in one of the departments at my school. And the good thing about this allis I'll finally have vacation time to go along with the job I have lined up for me in the summer which pays out nearly triple of what I'm making.

*Disclaimer*
I am not a baller. In reality I'm making less than minimum wage now (tuition money is being reimbursed) and the job lined up will be paying me above theminium wage line.

It feels so good knowing I won't have to put up with this crap for much longer. Really took the fun out of a good job.

Don't quit until you are 100% sure you're getting the other job or you're forced out...we're in a recession man, people are fighting for jobslike crazy
smh.gif

It's not like I'm making crazy money as it is. I'm being paid literally in peanuts and very little tuition reimbursement. Plus I worked for theother job one summer and my boy is really close with the boss and it's almost a guarantee.

Well, no job is going to be cherries 100% of the time.

If I had bills, I'd definitely have to be 10000% sure I had another job in the bag before I made any moves.

[table][tr][td][/td] [td]
It's not like I'm making crazy money as it is. I'm being paid literally in peanuts. Plus I worked for the other job one summer and my boy is really close with the boss and it's almost a guarantee.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Don't know your situation, but I've heard stories like that before that never materialized.

same situation with me. i will NOT be quitting though. i will get myself laid off so that i can get some unemployment untill the summer. they wouldn't fireme, but i really don't like it anymore

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Well, no job is going to be cherries 100% of the time.

If I had bills, I'd definitely have to be 10000% sure I had another job in the bag before I made any moves.

[table][tr][td][/td] [td]
It's not like I'm making crazy money as it is. I'm being paid literally in peanuts. Plus I worked for the other job one summer and my boy is really close with the boss and it's almost a guarantee.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Don't know your situation, but I've heard stories like that before that never materialized.
Na I know exactly where you coming from and I wouldn't put myself in that position if he didn't get one of our friends a job there lastsummer.

Na man. I'm tired of getting jerked off by these %+!++%**. The place is riddled by incompetency and the fact that they have the nerve to consider cleaninghouse when they should be fired is enough for me to move on to better things in life. This job isn't going to do anything miraculous for my future. Just anice little resume builder. I need to move on, for myself.

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]I have 2 jobs i %@#$!!@ hate....1 i'm almost on my way out but i need to take care of some creditbills 1st[/color]

[color= rgb(102, 0, 153)]Never leave until you start work at the other job[/color]

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Na man. I'm tired of getting jerked off by these %+!++%**. The place is riddled by incompetency and the fact that they have the nerve to consider cleaning house when they should be fired is enough for me to move on to better things in life. This job isn't going to do anything miraculous for my future. Just a nice little resume builder. I need to move on, for myself.
I should have asked..do you need this job? Like, do you depend on it for bills etc?

Quitting should be your last option.

Try finding a replacement job until you quit, also, don't burn your bridges with your current employer, it'll always come in handy, even if your bossis a d-bag.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Na man. I'm tired of getting jerked off by these %+!++%**. The place is riddled by incompetency and the fact that they have the nerve to consider cleaning house when they should be fired is enough for me to move on to better things in life. This job isn't going to do anything miraculous for my future. Just a nice little resume builder. I need to move on, for myself.
I should have asked..do you need this job? Like, do you depend on it for bills etc?
Nope it's just a little resume builder and I think 2 years out of the possible 4 years of work is enough. If this job paid me a legit salary(ie minimum wage) I would suck things up. But it just isn't worth it.

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

You probably just had a bad day today it'll be all good tomorrow

Word I feel like that sometimes. I guess I just feel uneasy about telling a person to leave they're job with the way things are right now. Do you.

You know, I've never quit a job without having a back-up...I just can't do it, no matter how much I hated it...and that was when the economy was good.Nowadays, if you're one of the fortunate few to have one, keep it until they let you go.

It's been like this the past year. These dudes are never satisfied with how much effort and time I put in for the extremely little amount ofpay I get.

It's been like this the past year. These dudes are never satisfied with how much effort and time I put in for the extremely little amount of pay I get.

I think I already know the answer but have you approached the manager and had a talk with him/her?

Back
Top Bottom