I'm about to become a paperboy......edit: nah, +*** that

Mister Meaner

formerly super producer j
No, I wont be riding a bicycle around the neighborhood. In fact, that would be illogical when considering I'd be delivering to building towers. At first, I was unsure, but then the lady showing me her route told me she gets $550 a week...............I was sold.

And for two hours to two and a half hours of work per day, I think I come out real nice. Only negative is it is every day & starts around 4 a.m.

Anyone ever did this/is doing this? tips to make my trip faster? The hardest part I imagine is learning this crazy %*% route.

Edit: This one is onn some bougie (sp?) type *!*%, I gotta make sure everything lands on a porch"clearly visible" from the door or if in an apartment building, right in front of the door. Some have special instructions too.

The beginning won't be easy.

The @*$$% LIED to me, she LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to me about that pay rate. This dreadhead garden tool %$! broad can't shut the eff up at 4 in the morning. I'm beat, I gotta go to work at 10.

The most important thing though in my decision was the immense wear and tear on my old car. The trip is about 40 miles all together & today I was out from 3.30 am to 8 am -_-
indifferent.gif
-_-
indifferent.gif
. Keep that God forsaken job. I'll find another hustle. I should hurry up and quit and go work with my cuz pushing gurneys.

$550 weekly?
Nice!
laugh.gif
You not being on a bike killed my Paperboy joke though.

sign me up for that, $550 a week for 2 hours a day thats
pimp.gif

and you stating not been on a bike killed my joke 2

Yep. I called into them before and asked about it. That is right. Though 550 is pretty high up...gotta get a bit lucky with the route and such for that high of a payday. Couldn't do it because I already was doing something career related. I had high hopes of doing that and playing poker on the side lol.

I was a paperboy in 7th and 8th grade; I did the whole bike with a satchel over the shoulder deal. Paper wasn't anything close to 550 a week, but I only had about 6 streets and 45 customers.

smh @ customers putting the exact $2.60 in the weekly envelope instead of 3 bills. Stories for days.

Their is no way those numbers are right. The average paper costs $1.00, You'll have to deliver to at least 400+ people to reach the numbers she's telling you unless papers in your town are $5.00
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by F A Y B A N

I was a paperboy in 7th and 8th grade; I did the whole bike with a satchel over the shoulder deal. Paper wasn't anything close to 550 a week, but I only had about 6 streets and 45 customers. 

I did mine on rollerblades...even in the snow..Man some of coldest days I ever faced!! It was nice having my own money in middle school.

pimp.gif
@ the tips during holiday season.
Originally Posted by reener

For 550 weekly only pointer I can give is wake up and don't be late!
i couldnt wake up early for crappppppppppppp!

I'm telling you, I was scratching my head as well about the pay. I'll be delivering the Times, Financial Times, USA Today, & weekly circulars to a nice area, but the route is kinda OD.

I trust in the lady that she wasn't b.s.'ing.

Papers don't make their money from selling the paper. They make it from advertisers...thus they want to have as many people subscribed to the paper as possible. I used to sell newspaper subscriptions...they gave me $28 bucks for selling a $20 dollar 3 weeks of papers delivered subscription.

I've never had one, but my brother did. Learn to love the mornings, deliver on time, and follow the odd specific instructions for delivery and you will be alright.

My advice,

Make sure u hold your taxes out since most gigs like this don't withdraw them

Also, don't let ur car insurance find out that you're usin your wheel for work, premium will go up

Back
Top Bottom