Im about to start selling on ebay Vol. Any Advice?

Tonight im going to put up for sell a bunch of stuff in my house i dont use or need anymore, i never sold or bought anything from ebay before,  any advice? tips?

try craigslist.org first. that way you can get local buyers first, because don't you incur selling fees on ebay?

just a thought

Make sure you always pay for delivery confirmation and keep receipts.

Log every sale into a book, along with the receipts.

fees suck on eBay, yes, but at the end of the day, it's the best place to sell stuff on the internet.

eBay gets so much exposure that sometimes you can probably make up for the fees with higher ending prices.

But yes, make sure to get delivery confirmation on everything!!!!!!!

You're wasting your time on eBay
smh.gif

starting tomorrow, there is a new fee structure, to where the cost is basically the same for a auction starting at 99 cents and a fixed listing with prices in the $100 dollar range. That is, the cost is the same unless you subscribe to one of their store services.. you used to pay like 9% of the first $25 dollars, then 3% of the remaining $26-1000 value. but now it's all a flat 9-10% final value fee.

The average joe is getting screwed

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

starting tomorrow, there is a new fee structure, to where the cost is basically the same for a auction starting at 99 cents and a fixed listing with prices in the $100 dollar range. That is, the cost is the same unless you subscribe to one of their store services.. you used to pay like 9% of the first $25 dollars, then 3% of the remaining $26-1000 value. but now it's all a flat 9-10% final value fee.

The average joe is getting screwed

so let me get this straight.......

if an item im selling ends at $100.00, i pay ebay $9? im new to the selling thing too
nerd.gif

The ebay seller fees are too high
you have to pay for pics and insertion fee plus a final value fee
plus add the 3% for paypal fee and shipping the item....smh

Originally Posted by KingTon32

I don't understand why people pay to put up pictures. If you enter HTML mode you can put as many pictures as you want, and customize your page. Just look it up, its some really simple coding.

if you have 0 feedback set up some auctions with friends to raise your score.
dont flood ebay with the same type of item because if they get outbidded they will go to the next one you have.
list stuff during the 2nd half of the month after people paid they bills and have money to spend.
add free shipping on high value items.

Originally Posted by KingTon32

People pay for pics? 
roll.gif

They don't know the loophole?  Wow.  

The only bad thing about ebay is the fees.  But, at least your first 5 listings are free. 

Back
Top Bottom