I'm at the hospital...

Joined Nov 25, 2005
And I can't get on facebook!  The hospital wifi has "social networking" blocked out.  I then tried to be smart and google a proxy, then boom: "proxy" is blocked out too.  Any solution my internet savvy NTers?!

Joined May 31, 2004
haha you're in the hospital, and your biggest concern is getting on facebook

get well, btw

Joined Dec 29, 2007
Originally Posted by oidreez

why would they have that blocked out?
Facebook is on the internet. The internet is accessed by computers. Computers are readily accessible by staff. Staff gets distracted by Facebook.

At the hospital where I work at, other sites are blocked off, too. Like Fantasy Sports on Yahoo because that's another distraction. The internet is there for looking up information, checking e-mail, and other stuff like that for the staff. But for mindless stuff like Facebook, nah, that is blocked off.

Good thing, too. Because all I'd hear while I'm on the floors or ICU would be Facebook this and Facebook that. "Did you see what _______ put on her Facebook status?"

Joined Jan 25, 2010
If you really want to get on you can try manually setting a proxy with an IP ADDRESS and Port #. For IE go to "Internet Options" for firefox go to preference > Advanced > Network.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now