I'm guessing this is a New York thing, but what is a "Bodega"?

I'm from queens. A bodega is a bodega. If someone said corner store I'd know what they mean but yeah it's a bodega to me.

Bodega is more of a Bronx/uptown/Harlem thing, specifically where there is a large population of Hispanics.

Bodega is more of a Bronx/uptown/Harlem thing, specifically where there is a large population of Hispanics.
i dont know.,..i dont really know alotta heads from bx or harlem who says bodega ( even spanish heads) its a word that pops up every now & then....ive heard heads in queens & bk also say bodega though

i dont know.,..i dont really know alotta heads from bx or harlem who says bodega ( even spanish heads) its a word that pops up every now & then....ive heard heads in queens & bk also say bodega though
Everyone said cornerstore growing up. If someone used the term bodega tho we knew exactly what they were talking about.

Bodega is more of a Hispanic name for it amongst the Hispanic population. A deli is what we called it on my side of the neighborhood. But when I would go to the Hispanic side as a kid it was a bodega. Overall it was fairly interchangeable depending where you were. And yes a deli had to make sandwiches on the spot. But I’ve never ran into one in the 5 boroughs that didn’t.

:rofl:

I don't know why but the thread title got me laughing hard. I dunno why :lol:

Back
Top Bottom