"I'm not a big fan of Tracy McGrady -- as a person or as a player," - Amare

Sorry if posted. I just found this to be funny.

z64xx.png

Amare Stoudemire doesn't like Tracy McGrady due to an incident back in high school and the Suns forward has held a grudge since then.

"I'm not a big fan of Tracy McGrady -- as a person or as a player," Stoudemire told the New York Post.

"I tried to reach out to him in high school to get advice on going from high school to the NBA," Stoudemire recalled. "He pretty much didn't say anything. If a kid from my hometown came up to me and said, 'Amare', I'm thinking about going from high school,' I would tell him college is important, education is important. I didn't get any of that from McGrady. I asked him about the jump, he pretty much didn't say anything."

"I think he's messing with you," McGrady said when asked about Stoudemire's comment.

Asked again, Stoudemire said, "He didn't remember? I'm not surprised he doesn't remember that."

According to the newspaper, Stoudemire claimed it would not be a deal breaker in signing with the Knicks this summer if McGrady is re-signed. But Knicks officials may want to keep this in mind when the free agency period rolls around this summer.

Im sure TMac didnt give a *%%% about amare at the time, this was back in like '01 or '02?.. TMac was in his prime back then. Probably just brushed him off and kept it movin
laugh.gif

How is this a d-bag move?

So if any high school basketball player from Florida has questions about a career in the NBA, Amare Stoudemire or Tracy McGrady is obligated to give him advice and help him out?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by amishpimp27

How is this a d-bag move?

So if any high school basketball player from Florida has questions about a career in the NBA, Amare Stoudemire or Tracy McGrady is obligated to give him advice and help him out?
laugh.gif

No ones obligated I suppose but how long would it have taken to talk to dude on the phone? true tmac was in his prime but I found this interesting cuz it just goes to show you that people never forget the time you give/don't give or how you treat them. I found this interesting.... there goes Amare to NY I suppose

roll.gif
roll.gif
this guy went for the ether

Stoudemire also took a dig at McGrady regarding his rehab frommicrofracture surgery on his left knee, which the Suns power forwardunderwent 41

^ Why would Amare make up trying to talk to T-Mac??

I could see if T-Mac said yeah he talked to him ...

Just screams full of himself, to me.

Originally Posted by 703FlipFiend

Originally Posted by got shoes

who cares. Look at Bill Walker and T-Mac, now teammates. lol
nerd.gif
Story?

in a preseason game, they got into a little scuffle. pushing and shoving, nothing more

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Both of them seem like douches, so I can't be surprised.
this.

but someone is right...if youre an up and coming high school player whos gonna call a superstar in tmac about making the jump...im pretty sure tmac has better things to do and hes probably difficult to get a hold of in the first place

Back
Top Bottom