I'm now 99% sure that Chris Bosh is leaving in July...

Bosh is gonna look great as somebody's Gasol.

And btw...

Rose, Bosh, Noah > Wade, Bosh, Beasley

Bosh aint going to Chicago...

Bosh + Deng + Rose + Noah aint that much better than Bosh + the current Raptors

Originally Posted by JPZx

Next year...

http://a.espncdn.com/phot...nba_g_wadeboshts_576.jpg src="http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0831/nba_g_wadeboshts_576.jpg">

Maybe...except Wade won't be there.

I'm really hoping the bucks at least go after him. I know Milwaukee isn't and ideal place to go, but he seems like hes never minded the city of Toronto.
Hopefully the Bucks recent success and playoff seed could lure someone like him.

I would watch ever game if it was

Jennings
Delfino
Salmons
Bosh
Bogut

Bosh is going to the OKC Thunder next year..I smell sign and trade...I'll take Jeff Green+Westbrook+a draft pick/benchwarmer any day.

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

If I were Bosh, I would go to Chicago.

Good core (Rose, Noah and Deng) and great city.

I would too.

I think Rose and Bosh need each other on the court for the team to make their run to the ECF. More players can settle more into their role as well rather than having guys like Deng being the 2nd option when he's more of a 3rd option.

funny thing is that they should be doing better than being a 9th seed right now.

that team has been under achieving for a good time now.

while Bosh should be a great addition to the team, I dont believe they'd be able to make that ECF push for a long time until they revamp their coaching staff. they need a coach who could tap into those players full potential. I'm surprised Vinny still has his job to this point. They can't always seed 8th going into the playoffs and hope 1-2 players carry the whole team.
Injuries
yep if it wasnt for our top three players getting hurt at the same time we would be the 5th seed in the east

Thunder wouldnt dismantle anything they got going on right now. Westbrook is a huge piece of their future which is next year.
They're playing too good at a young age for them to change it up.

I guess I could see Chris Bosh for Jeff Green. Or the Thunder and Bosh could force the Raptor's hand and make them settle for a draft pick and big trade exception in a sign-and-trade?

why the hell would bosh go to okc to play with durant when he can play with a vet champion USA bball teammate in Wade either in MIA or NY. and I'm sure Toronto would take Westbrook (future all-star IMO) and green for Bosh insteada letting him walk but trading away those 2 important pieces makes the thunder a lot worse.

I honestly believe if he can pair up with Wade/bron their best chance to win a title immediately would be in the lowly swamps of new jersey. I honestly believe with all homerism aside the best long term option is to pair up in ny. You get 2 superstars + 11 mil coming off the books with currys contract to either trade as an expiring or sign 2 very good role players / one star. add danilo gallinari to that getting wide open looks from those players to rain threes, a strong athletic wing in Wilson Chandler who can reach his full potential with a good mentor in bron/Wade and work harder with winners around, and Toney Douglas who can be a good 6th man, and...

the allure of NYC and everything that goes with it, and playing under the lights of MSG...

do it donnie.

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

why the hell would bosh go to okc to play with durant when he can play with a vet champion USA bball teammate in Wade either in MIA or NY. and I'm sure Toronto would take Westbrook (future all-star IMO) and green for Bosh insteada letting him walk but trading away those 2 important pieces makes the thunder a lot worse.

I honestly believe if he can pair up with Wade/bron their best chance to win a title immediately would be in the lowly swamps of new jersey. I honestly believe with all homerism aside the best long term option is to pair up in ny. You get 2 superstars + 11 mil coming off the books with currys contract to either trade as an expiring or sign 2 very good role players / one star. add danilo gallinari to that getting wide open looks from those players to rain threes, a strong athletic wing in Wilson Chandler who can reach his full potential with a good mentor in bron/Wade and work harder with winners around, and Toney Douglas who can be a good 6th man, and...

the allure of NYC and everything that goes with it, and playing under the lights of MSG...

do it donnie.
simple...

durant>wade...thats why

Like LeBron, it's not just about the next two or three years but the following four or five years.

Wade is already 28 and could very well break down these next two or three years.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

Bosh is going to the OKC Thunder next year..I smell sign and trade...I'll take Jeff Green+Westbrook+a draft pick/benchwarmer any day.
Declined. You can have Krstc though for free

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I can already envision him going to Houston this summer in a sign and trade. It doesn't have to do with the city of Toronto in my mind...it's all about Colangelo and the crap job he has done with the team.

Yep. Houston has set themselves up nicely. Will Bosh rather play near home or in South Beach? 
nerd.gif

The only way I see OKC getting Bosh is if they offer something better to Toronto than any other team can which is unlikely since they won't give up Westbrook. Its not hard to do better than Green + Kristic + and some picks. I see the Thunder getting Lee over Bosh anyway. They really don't even need another guy thats going to take shots away from KD. Lee would compliment that team very well and they could get him for the amount of cap space they got which is about 11M.

If Bosh is unrestricted, how would the Raptors be able to make a sign-and-trade anyway? If its about the next 5 or so years, Chicago is the most realistic choice. I scratched Miami because it seems like if they get anyone it would be Stoudemire or Boozer. I just don't see Bosh in NY either. But, I bet Chicago isn't even going to look to get him. They would rather have Wade playing next to Rose knowing damn well they need someone beside Noah.
laugh.gif

The Raptors would tell Bosh if he agreed to a sign and trade, he could get an extra $15M due to them being able to offer that extra year other teams can't.

Originally Posted by BeallsFinest

I can already envision him going to Houston this summer in a sign and trade. It doesn't have to do with the city of Toronto in my mind...it's all about Colangelo and the crap job he has done with the team.

Yep. Houston has set themselves up nicely. Will Bosh rather play near home or in South Beach? 
nerd.gif
Yao
Bosh
Ariza
Kev Mart
Brooks

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by So Authentic

nerd.gif
Yao
Bosh
Ariza
Kev Mart
Brooks

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
That team would have trouble making the playoffs. Yao and K-Mart will miss 3-months each per season, Bosh is going to miss his usual 10-15 games a season...that team would not be very good at all.

Bosh for Jeff Green is possible but it'll all come down to where Bosh wants to go. The Thunder would not hesitate to trade Green away and pay Bosh near max money.

As for Bosh going to Milwaukee...

pyzamnothanks.jpg

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Originally Posted by So Authentic

nerd.gif
Yao
Bosh
Ariza
Kev Mart
Brooks

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
That team would have trouble making the playoffs. Yao and K-Mart will miss 3-months each per season, Bosh is going to miss his usual 10-15 games a season...that team would not be very good at all.

Bosh for Jeff Green is possible but it'll all come down to where Bosh wants to go. The Thunder would not hesitate to trade Green away and pay Bosh near max money.

As for Bosh going to Milwaukee...

pyzamnothanks.jpg
NO they wouldn't. That's the deal that was bought up around the deadline and proposed. Tdot wanted Jeff Green, Serge Ibaka or DJ White, a no 1 pick,  and contracts.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Bosh is gonna look great as somebody's Gasol.

And btw...

Rose, Bosh, Noah > Wade, Bosh, Beasley
roll.gif

Wade > Rose and Noah,  So what are you saying ?

Anyway, If we don't get Bosh, we will at least get Amare.

Bosh isnt going to OKC, plain and simple. OKC doesnt have the assets to make it happen.

Hes not going to Houston either. They dont have the money to sign him outright (correct me if im wrong), and im pretty sure Toronto isnt really interested in anyone that Houston is willingly to let go of.

Hes going to play with JJ, Wade, or Bron, IMO. I think Bosh wants a chip more then anything right now.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Bosh isnt going to OKC, plain and simple. OKC doesnt have the assets to make it happen.

Hes not going to Houston either. They dont have the money to sign him outright (correct me if im wrong), and im pretty sure Toronto isnt really interested in anyone that Houston is willingly to let go of.

Hes going to play with JJ, Wade, or Bron, IMO. I think Bosh wants a chip more then anything right now.
Jordan Hill and a plethora of picks plus expiring for next year. 

Carlos, do you think Colangelo looses his job?  I think Raptors have been pretty profitable since he took over but everything he did was to try and keep Chris and it didn't work. 
From a business point of view I would think MLSE would wan't to keep him. 

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Carlos, do you think Colangelo looses his job?  I think Raptors have been pretty profitable since he took over but everything he did was to try and keep Chris and it didn't work. 
From a business point of view I would think MLSE would wan't to keep him. 
I dont think he loses his job simply because he'll probably want to go elsewhere when his contract expires in the summer of 2011. It's going to be an awkward situation (sort of like Brian Burke being GM of the Anaheim Ducks and not willing to discuss an extension so the team let him bolt with a few months left on his contract).

So no, he wont get fired but his contract will expire and he'll leave.

The team's been profitable simply because Torontonians love their basketball and hockey. Colangelo's constant additions to the team have had Raptors fans buzzing for the last 4 years and fans have gone into each season extremely optimistic. Optimism = increase in pre-season ticket sales. Think about it, after BC's first full season in which we won 47-games, there was a ton of optimism. We had a poor season so BC brought in JO. Fans thought "we have an interior presence to help Bosh, we should win a playoff series". This past off-season he brought in a ton of new guys like Hedo, Bellinelli, drafted DeRozan, and once again Raptor fans drank the kool-aid.

Lets see how Colangelo and MLSE spin things when Bosh is gone. "We have a good, young, energetic core"? I think its gonna be a really tough sell for MLSE after the Raptors lose in the 1st round yet again and their best player is traded away for an inferior talent.
NO they wouldn't. That's the deal that was bought up around thedeadline and proposed. Tdot wanted Jeff Green, Serge Ibaka or DJ White,a no 1 pick,  and contracts.
I said Bosh for Green straight up. The Raptors aren't in a position to be picky. Here's how I see the conversation going:

Bosh's agent: Hey Bryan, my client wants to go to ________.
Colangelo calls up GM of said team: Hey _____________. Lets work out a sign and trade for Bosh.
Other GM: Alright, I'm getting Bosh anyways so I'm going to low ball you and offer the following player...
Colangelo: It's always great doing business with you. Best of luck!

Raptors can still get a good young big man out of this IMO.

Back
Top Bottom