I'm now 99% sure that Chris Bosh is leaving in July...

At the start of the season, I thought that Bosh's decision would be based on how the Raptors do in the playoffs. I think that it was realistic to think that Bosh would resign with the team if they made the playoffs and won a series.

Now that the Craptors are heading for a 7th or 8th finish in the East and a haste 1st round exit, there is almost no chance of Bosh staying. Why would he when he's surrounded by a clueless coach, crappy teammates, a clueless GM who's contract is set to expire next summer and a franchise that has won just 1 playoff series in its existence.

Bosh can now pull the "I just want a chance to win a championship" card and no Craptor fan can blame him. Unlike T-Mac, Bosh has never bad-mouthed the city of Toronto. Unlike VC, Bosh has never quit on the team. Thus, I cant see Craptor fans turning on Bosh when he inevitably joins another team.

I've been extremely critical of Bosh over recent years for being a bit soft and taking dumb shots in the clutch but I now realize that I was wrong and unfairly criticized Bosh. This guy is arguably the best PF in the game right now and if not, he'll probably be the best in a few years time. Give him another scorer, some good team mates and some motivation and this guy will easily put up 25 and 10+ on a winning team. I think that Bosh CAN be an excellent #2 option on a championship team.

On the bright side, not too many teams in the league have cap room to give Bosh a max-contract so the Craptors should be able to work out a sign-and-trade and get something in return.

24ozfps.gif

Im that type of NBA fan that loves to see a player retire with the team that drafted him. In this case, Bosh deserves an organization that's willing to develop around him, not with him..

I can already envision him going to Houston this summer in a sign and trade. It doesn't have to do with the city of Toronto in my mind...it's all about Colangelo and the crap job he has done with the team.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I could have told you this 2 years ago.
I strongly disagree.

Crapengelo has tried to make this team better but most of his moves have been garbage. Despite what Osh Kosh Bosh tells you, Bargnani has not panned out as well as the team expected. The team traded for TJ Ford but then needed to trade AWAY a 1st round pick just to get rid of him. Then when they figured that JO wasn't the right fit, they traded AWAY another 1st round pick just to get Marion's expiring contract + Marcus Banks' $5 mill/yr deal. This off-season Colangelo made a bunch of moves, including arguably signing Hedo impulsively in order to win around 50-games and convincing Bosh to stay. Despite what Colangelo's done, this team has consistently been stuck around .500 the last 4-years.

Toronto fans shouldn't blame the fact that this is a non-basketball market and that some players dont want to play here. Colangelo has had many tools at his disposal such as a 1st overall pick, other draft picks, cap room, assets such as Ford, Calderon, Nesterovic (he was a $10 million expiring contract last season) and yet Colangelo has made poor decision after poor decision.

You really think Bosh would've left if this was a 3rd, 4th, 5th place team in the East with 50-wins and won 1-2 playoff series? He's going to leave because despite having some talent, the players are simply not good enough. Bosh is doing all that he can but its not enough to elevate this team and so it'll be better for him to join a team with more help where his current averages of 24 and 11 will help a team win 50-60 games a season.

You talking about tonight's game with the Thunder just taking turns dunking all over yall **@? Or just as a culmination of what has happened the entire season I guess, but I agree, I never felt like he would stay either. I mean I get mad when people who have never been to OKC do it to this city, but seriously, it's Canada, at least we have good weather here and are a 5hr drive or 45 minute flight from his hometown.

im a raps fan first cause im from canada eh...but i wouldnt wanna keep bosh here any longer.....he deserves better...

Carlos admitting he was wrong about bosh Eh?
pimp.gif

Has Bargnani panned exactly as expected? No. But considering the only other alternatives were Lamarcus Aldridge and Adam Morrison I say we didn't make out too bad.
roll.gif

You said at some point Bargnani was a bust and you were wrong, point blank, no matter what you think of him he is not a bust and fact of the matter is that all of the Raptor fan base on NT turned on him and I did not and I was ridiculed for doing so. Yet somehow nobody wants to accept this reality.
Why you can't admit that is beyond me. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

You talking about tonight's game with the Thunder just taking turns dunking all over yall **@? Or just as a culmination of what has happened the entire season I guess, but I agree, I never felt like he would stay either. I mean I get mad when people who have never been to OKC do it to this city, but seriously, it's Canada, at least we have good weather here and are a 5hr drive or 45 minute flight from his hometown.

Its not the city of Toronto that gonna make him leave ,its the team because no matter what you think, anybody's who's ever spend time in Toronto can tell you.

The city of Toronto is one of the top 10 North American cities.

Subjective though. Objectively it's far as $$!! from where he's from, has much worse weather, and obviously the team sucks.

ohwell.gif
 he will be with lebron or d wade, escape while you can!!! no offense to toronto as a city its a nice place just as an nba franchise it is horrible

Back
Top Bottom