"I'm your momma, I'm your daddy/Im that n_ in the alley"

Boy I tell ya. Im only 22 but grams kept the oldies blaring in the crib. Music like this is so timeless (That's why like a good 85% of the rap tracks your hear today sample these). Curtis Mayfield was that n_ back in these days. Appreciate the tune folks. We will never hear music like this again.

This thread wont last most of these dudes dont acknowledge any music before Illmatic but yeah they dont make music like they use to...

Willie Hutch >>> Mr. Mayfield tho

Thought this was about Killa.
pimp.gif
either way

I LOVE that album. The whole thing is dope, and Pusherman is probably my favorite track off of it.

i've always loved curtis mayfield, 'little child runnin wild' is my joint. definitely appreciated
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
damn they don't make music like this anymore.

I just remember when I was young, my grandmother would throw little get togethers. Nothing but great music playing while they smoke the mary and drink the liquior.

Al Green, Marvin, Isleys, Mayfield, Maze and frankie beverly.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Salute to you sir.
pimp.gif

If for whatever reason I'm up before 7am, there's about a 80% chance "Freddie's Dead" will be in my speakers....

Originally Posted by cartune

This thread wont last most of these dudes dont acknowledge any music before Illmatic but yeah they dont make music like they use to...

Willie Hutch >>> Mr. Mayfield tho

Bobby Womack >>>Willie Hutch

But you can't blame people for not knowing about this type of music. Its music that was made before anyone on here was born. My mom use to have ++% like this blasting but I never gave it a chance until I realized that all of these hip hop tracks I like? They all were sampled from 70's music. First time I actually started finding out about older music was when I was looking through the Blueprint booklet and seeing names like Bobby Blue Bland, David Ruffin, etc. I think when Kanye came into the game is when I really started checkin' for older music.

What yall know bout chillin' in your gramomma's house in Detroit on South Deacon street as a shortie and watchin' all your family play Spades, drink Crown, smoke Kools, and get to laughin' loud and cussin' with Marvin's ''Got To Give It Up'' bumpin' in the background though?

No matter where I am when that song comes on, I always think of family...

...we argue about alotta bull $+%% in this forum, but that's classic.

Back
Top Bottom