iMAC's in the GTA

c0nf0cal

Banned
I know Apple fixes their prices, so nothing really goes on sale, but does anyone know where to get deals on iMac's in the city? Open box or whatever? Iscraigslist a good idea?

Thanks

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

I know Apple fixes their prices, so nothing really goes on sale, but does anyone know where to get deals on iMac's in the city? Open box or whatever? Is craigslist a good idea?

Thanks
Keep an eye out for surplus sales from Universities or whatever (places relatively reputable); it's a long shot but it doesn't hurt

I go to the University of Waterloo and every 2-3 weeks our stores department has a clearout of all their old furniture and isht.

People always lining up 45 minutes a head of time to be the first to get any laptops/desktops available (
laugh.gif
resellers)

I've seen iMacs (some real old, some only one/two generations old) for about 2-300. highest price I've seen was klike ...500

I got a Powerbook G4 for less than a hundred (torn AC Adapter, but whatever) because the people couldn't figure out how to turn it on

I know that's not that much help but just keep your eyes open...

i heard refurbed macs are still in really good condition...there was a report that on average, refurbed macs have only gone through 3 - 5 battery life cycles.so its still pretty new. and u can buy apple care for them anyway

I see. But is it worth buying the extended plan? I never do it with other electronics (except my plasma).

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

I see. But is it worth buying the extended plan? I never do it with other electronics (except my plasma).

I've heard nothing but good things about applecare - really I think it'll be "worth it" or "not worth it" only if you have to useit. But I know that people who DO have it and HAVE had to get soemthing replaced have been very satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom