Imagine a World with No Scarcity... what would go down?

A world with no scarcity means all resources are unlimited. There would be no such thing as currency or transaction because everything is available at an unlimited amount. But nothing would get done right? No more jobs, which means no more production of certain goods. Cars would no longer be manufactured because what would be the incentive to work? Crazy to think about

Afrika was beautiful.
pimp.gif

Man was meant to have abundance.....
but look how far we've come from that though.
smh.gif

what I'm saying is that one of the major problems that everyone always complains about is scarcity. Because food is scarce there is world hunger, because oil is scarce there have been disagreements that could lead to war, etc. But if there was no such thing as scarcity then bigger problems would arise, more unintended consequences.

No scarcity? I'd purposely wait 4 months for Space Jams to hit sale racks
nerd.gif

Nah j/k I have no real input
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by armanzaballa

what I'm saying is that one of the major problems that everyone always complains about is scarcity. Because food is scarce there is world hunger, because oil is scarce there have been disagreements that could lead to war, etc. But if there was no such thing as scarcity then bigger problems would arise, more unintended consequences.

Lies.

I don't think you have thought about the subject far enough yet...
let it marinate a little more....

Honestly. Somebody would claim everything they could and start hoarding it until it was scarce.

Originally Posted by GTEK

Lies.

enlighten me

Lies.

enlighten me

Well for starters your looking at the problem from the wrong direction.
Its is not the amount/limitation of resources that the world is lacking in.
Instead its the values and morals that the people of the world lack......

Lies.

enlighten me

Simply stated, there is more food now than there ever was at any point in history.

All that rhetoric concerning "food scarcity" is merely propaganda insinuated by, ironically enough, companies that deal in and with the production of bulk food products/food technology.

Also, to add, just because things are in abundance does not mean that there would be no jobs and/or need for money.

The majority of things we use and consume are the byproducts of scientific manipulations. Those Jordans you're rocking on your feet don't grow on trees. They are manufactured from raw materials.

Likewise, the car that you're driving does not germinate from the soil. It is manufactured from various raw materials. Point is, an overabundance of "things" (raw materials) only means that you'll never have to worry about lacking in certain things; understand, however, that many of these certain things will often require the labor and expertise/skill of others if they are to be augmented from the raw material stage, to a stage that is useful to the avg. consumer (me and you)...and that's where the "jobs" and the "money" will come in...
smile.gif

What about crime? Why do we rob our brothers? Because we ain't got it. But if we had it, there would be no need for that.

The only reason an economy exists is because there are limited resources and ulimited wants. When people want something they have to work for it, but if there is an unlimited amount then what is left? People would have no incentive to do everything and there wouldn't be an economy of any sort.

Back
Top Bottom