Impact Competitive Training Series Thread: Full Schedule/Teams Released

Between September 12 and 24, the Impact Basketball Training facility in Las Vegas, which reportedly seats around 1,000 people, will host dozens of NBA players who will privately train, lift weights and engage in closed workouts for much of the morning, then play public exhibition basketball games which fans can enjoy Monday through Thursday afternoons and evenings.

The first week of games will likely be the "regular season" of the Impact Las Vegas exhibition games. The second week will be a "playoffs," with the Competitive Training Series "championship" game on September 24.
Link

It'll be streamed via youtube when the season starts. 30-50 players have been reportedly confirmed to take part in NBA rule games. Rosters to be announced next week.

glad they're streaming it
smokin.gif

interested in seeing the players/rosters participating in this

‘Lockout League’ Is Set to Tip Off in Las Vegas

A swarm of Knicks, Clippers and Rockets players will soon descend on Las Vegas for two weeks of intense competition — only without coaches, contracts or the imprimatur of the N.B.A.

The jerseys will be unfamiliar and the games fairly meaningless. But for the first time since June, N.B.A. players will be competing against N.B.A. players in something resembling an N.B.A.-caliber league.

The site will be the Impact Basketball gymnasium, about two miles from the Strip. The unofficial commissioner will be Joe Abunassar, a longtime trainer of N.B.A. players. More than 40 players, locked out of N.B.A. facilities because of a labor standoff, have committed to play. Chauncey Billups, John Wall, Zach Randolph and Stephen Jackson will be among the headliners.

“This is an effort on our part to get these guys as ready for training camp as they can get, without going to training camp,

Jared Dudley said the field of players will include Stephen Curry, Chauncey Billups, Al Harrington, John Wall, Zach Randolph, Stephen Jackson, Tayshaun Prince, Jermaine O'Neal, Austin Daye, DeMar DeRozan,Kyle Lowry, Eric Maynor and J.J. Hickson. Dudley said he is trying to recruit teammates Channing Frye, Josh Childress and Aaron Brooks to also play in the officiated series.
Link

pimp.gif

NBA TV should get this. lol. Stern would blow a gasket. No one better get injured tho. 10 min quarters? It's ilke my YMCA league.

I am enjoying this lockout more than I would have ever imagined. Really impressed with the amount of competitive creativity shown by those dudes. The city vs. city games and now this.

rhmogl.jpg

Team A
Sebastian Telfair
James Anderson
Kawhi Leonard (1 week only)
Malcolm Lee
Larry Hughes
Marreese Speights
Melvin Ely

Team B
Derek Fisher (arrives Thursday)
Armon Johnson
Josh Selby
Tony Allen (arrives Tuesday)
Xavier Silas
Coby Carl
Jeremy Evans
Al Harrington (arrives Wednesday)
Stephen Jackson (arrives Wednesday)
Gary Forbes (arrives Tuesday)
Derrick Caracter

Team C
Kyle Lowry
Jared Dudley
Courtney Lee
Alan Anderson
Hakin Warrick
Austin Daye
Channing Frye

Team D
Chauncey Billups (week 2)
Iman Shumpert
Damon Jones
Roger Mason Jr
Jamaal Tinsley
Shawne Williams
Jermaine O’Neal

Team E
Mo Williams
Eric Bledsoe
Travis Leslie
Willie Warren
Al-Farouq Aminu
Ryan Gomes

Team F
Avery Bradley
Isaiah Thomas
DeMar DeRozan
Dorell Wright
Bonzi Wells
Corey Maggette
JJ Hickson

Team G
John Wall
Nick Young
Marcus Banks
Jordan Crawford
Shelvin Mack
Desmon Farmer
Terrick White
Rashard Lewis (week 2)
Larry Owens

Team H
T.J. Ford
Dominique Jones
Dahntay Jones
Brandon Rush
Paul George
Corey Stokes
Wesley Matthews
Jordan Williams

Originally Posted by YoungCFromThaD

Originally Posted by Zyzz

i wanna see Terrico White
pimp.gif
I feel the same way.  Did he ever dress for the Pistons last year?
he missed the entire season, he had a broken foot.

i hope hes still with the team next season and gets some minutes. hes got talent and not a lot of people know about him or that he can play.

^^^ Looks like just another summer pickup game, just with a higher level of talent on the floor. No defense, no shots contested. Without coaching, its just a pickup game. Basically its the same thing they have been doing at places like Impact and Attack for years just with set teams.

Originally Posted by YoungCFromThaD

i wanna see Terrico White
pimp.gif
I feel the same way.  Did he ever dress for the Pistons last year?
he missed the entire season, he had a broken foot.

i hope hes still with the team next season and gets some minutes. hes got talent and not a lot of people know about him or that he can play.

My boy Terrico
pimp.gif

Here's some more highlights:

http://www.ballislife.com/video/impactday2

[url=http://hoopmixtape.ning.com/video/josh-sel...shorten_twitter]http://hoopmixtape.ning.c...sh-sel...shorten_twitter[/url]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A9RWX1Jlw8...nel_video_title]http://www.youtube.com/wa...X1Jlw8...nel_video_title[/url]

Selby
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom