in hindsight should dom kennedy have signed with MMG

wale coming off a gold album , grammy nomination

and is dropping his 3rd album in 4 years...and has

been putting out songs with decent content on the radio

meek had the most popular mixtape of the year and did

great first week numbers on his album 

french in hindsight shouldnt have done the 50/50 deal with

mmg/bad boy cus you can tell diddy was out of touch

with alot of the moves he made on the album...

shoulda just let ross handle the project

so if by all accounts dom kennedy is better than all these dudes in a time where westcoast hip hop is back on the mainstream stage shouldn't he have signed with MMG?

it's been almost 3 years since the "rumors" of him signing with maybach and he hasn't done much in terms

of gaining a broader audience....

did he make the right choice?

No.

Dom made the right decision so far. Dude is fairly known among his target demographic.

ALSO
Lets not get caught up in this recent MMG hype.

Last edited:
Nah, he's good doing what he's doing, IMO.  

Dom x MMG just seems forced, kinda like Wale did/does.  

And I'm all for dudes "making it" by signing with a big name label/crew, but I'd be lying if I said the music usually didn't suffer.  Case in point?  Wale.  

If Dom can eat well just doing him without having to be part of some corny crew, I say more power to him.  

SMH if a dude like Rockie Fresh who wasn't really popping at all and has a forced career in general can benefit the way he has from MMG, you know Dom would have blown up . . . shame he didn't do it, dude would definitely be among the top names of rap . . . as far as him changing up his sound, dude's music already has commercial appeal . . . and he would fit perfectly over those Justice League beats . . . he would be trash over those trap beats tho . . . I wish he signed to MMG, but if he feels like he gotta be his own man and push that OPM brand, then you gotta respect that he wants to own his own ****

Also, Yellow Album came out last year and IMO that's where alot of his fanbase came from so if this was in 2010 when he wasn't as big as he is now, then yeah it was smart to wait it out . . . Hope he gets the shine he deserves

Dom is gon be ight he got opm
Much respect for him doin his own ****
Long as he eatn he should be dougie

**** is crazy how people still believe being "signed" is such an honor in music no matter how much the landscape has changed.

Unless you're one of the heavyweights (Drake, Wayne, etc.) being signed just means ****** being in your pocket.

I don't know how much Dom $$$ makes but I'd rather be in his shoes than Wale's. Yeah you might have made a milli but how much did you actually keep in your pockets?

Everybody don't need to be in the spotlight. Some ****** are comfortable riding a steady wave. I'd rather see Dom doing what he's doing than seeing him hop on cookie cutter beats and popping up songs featuring the same 5 or 6 rappers every 4 songs.

No. Dom makes quality music already. He has full control over what he does. His sound is a breathe of fresh air from the other trash that's out there.

He doesn't need a label to tell him what music he needs to make.

Nah, he's good doing what he's doing, IMO.  

Dom x MMG just seems forced, kinda like Wale did/does.  

And I'm all for dudes "making it" by signing with a big name label/crew, but I'd be lying if I said the music usually didn't suffer.  Case in point?  Wale.  

If Dom can eat well just doing him without having to be part of some corny crew, I say more power to him.  

No.

Dom made the right decision so far. Dude is fairly known among his target demographic.

ALSO
Lets not get caught up in this recent MMG hype.

**** is crazy how people still believe being "signed" is such an honor in music no matter how much the landscape has changed.

Unless you're one of the heavyweights (Drake, Wayne, etc.) being signed just means ****** being in your pocket.

I don't know how much Dom $$$ makes but I'd rather be in his shoes than Wale's. Yeah you might have made a milli but how much did you actually keep in your pockets?

Everybody don't need to be in the spotlight. Some ****** are comfortable riding a steady wave. I'd rather see Dom doing what he's doing than seeing him hop on cookie cutter beats and popping up songs featuring the same 5 or 6 rappers every 4 songs.

All that.

Naw they both will be fine..nipsey needs to drop material and stop playing..tmc dropped 2 yrs ago..he should of.capitalized off that

I heard he is announcing who he signed to on wale album. He on the deluxe with YG.

Prolly interscope

MMG made wale & meek superstars..nipsey & Dom

Shouldn't of fronted & signed on da dotted line.
eek.gif

we agree 

Last edited:
I like dom's Music and all but

1) he isn't better than Wale
2) Nobody on MMG has been "Forced" to make weaker music... Wale is doing what he's always done on a larger scale, same with Meek, Same with Stalley

I like dom's Music and all but

1) he isn't better than Wale
2) Nobody on MMG has been "Forced" to make weaker music... Wale is doing what he's always done on a larger scale, same with Meek, Same with Stalley
Yep.

Also, Nipsey blew it by not signing with MMG. He would have meshed well more so than Dom.

Never really got into his ****. But nipsey would be doing his thing had he signed on the dotted line. Rockie fresh is trash, if ross wanted someone out the chi shouldve got louie smh

Dom is in the spot he wants to be in. I wish he had as large of a fan base as a Wale or Meek but I love the fact that he is able to keep his integrity and make the music he wants to. I feel like Wale's catalog has become much more watered down and he is definitely more creative than Dom and a better lyricists. However I can pretty much throw Dom on regardless what mood I'm in, he just makes good music.

And Meek is cool but he's content is lacking and all he does is scream now

MMG made wale & meek superstars..nipsey & Dom

Shouldn't of fronted & signed on da dotted line.

Yes and no. Wale and Meek had already been signed. So their talent was no secret. Wale had just come off a big look on "No Hands".

Meanwhile, we still waiting on Gunplay. And Stalley.

So it's not always the label. It's a combination of the talent and the label. And that doesn't always match up (which Meek and Wale know from their previous deals).

Sometimes the talent decides they don't need the label. And I'm sure if he really wanted to, he could still get that deal done.

I do agree that it would have made more sense for Nipsey.

Last edited:
:lol: rather being where Doms at than Wale...

yeah he shoulda signed. but then again idk some of his music is cool but thats mainly because of the beat...people like dom make me feel like i could rap.

Wale fell off when he went to MMG, just wanted to point that out.

And I'm also not a fan of Dom Kennedy's music lately. Didn't enjoy the yellow album at all. I agree that if he signed with MMG, he would've had to get an adopted style that would not have fit him. He did the right thing staying independent. He does nationwide tours now which he never used to do so his audience is growing. Plus like others said, there isn't a million of people getting a cut.

Back
Top Bottom