in hindsight should dom kennedy have signed with MMG

Wale is trash on mmg....all he do now is make empowerment music for ratchets

Dom definitely knows what he's doing. And he's put himself in a pretty great position. Especially financially IMO

He will probably sign a label deal with interscope soon if he hasn't already.

I don't think Dom signing with MMG would have been a good or bad look. I think it's split somewhere down the middle. The question I have is, Dom's music already has the mainstream sound to it, while still keeping his content organic, the same can be said about Stalley to a lesser degree. That's why I feel like Dom would have been in the same position Stalley is in right now. I mean, the average rap fan knows Wale, Meek, and Ross are in MMG. What about Stalley? Is 'Swangin' really that radio record everyone knows like Bad? Not at all. Dom isn't going over trap beats, that's for sure.

On the flip side, Dom's music is more "radio friendly" than Stalley's. I could see Dom making a Bad, song for the chicks that gets radio spins. How would the rest of his music sound? Maybe not all that different from how it already does.

A label these days does not make or break an artist. What type of team an artist has makes or breaks an artist.

Dom will be fine. We can talk about labels all day but no one makes better tunes for the summer right now. No one!

Turn on DOM while its raining and Palm Trees and sun instantly appear on the Horizon.

Yeah. Dom wouldn't have the success he would have if on mmg. I think wale has exchanged his creativity for more fame and money on mmg but that's him. I don't want the same to happen to Dom. I don't want him to get lost in the shuffle...Rapping the same crap as everyone else. Dom not no gangsta rapper and he know that. He know his lane and stays true to it.

What success does Dom have, though?

He's not a bigger name than anyone on MMG

Not even rockie fresh.

Ross knows what he's doing

Everyone that got down with MMG has been successful.

Well, except pill :lol:

Here is the problem. You guys look at MMG and only really see Wale and Meek, and maybe Stalley to a certain extent. Maybe you can throw French in there. Not sure what that deal is.

Wale resurrected himself on "No Hands". Pre MMG. Dude already had some well known records before that. "Nike Boots". then "Pretty Girls" and that Gaga ******** on Interscope. That's a Koch/Eone move. Sign a rapper who already has a buzz and build off that. Props though because Interscope dropped the ball on him and Ross did it right.

Meek was all MMG. Easily. Full props for that.

Stalley was good before MMG. Did "Address" with Currency. Was building a nice buzz. Lincoln Nights Way may have even dropped before he signed to MMG. Is he REALLY that much more successful now than he was back then? 2 years later, and he still doesn't have an album out. Wale's done 2 albums in that time.

You mention Pill. Teedra Moses. Gunplay and the rest of Triple C's been on ice. Masspike Miles. There's a few cats out there on the label that haven't moved the needle for as long as they've been signed.

No way Rockie Fresh is a bigger name than Dom. Except in Chicago.

So if 1/2 the roster is good money and 1/2 the roster is on ice, is it really a given that Dom would have popped if he signed with them?

Ive never in.my life seen doms name anywhere outside of nt seriously. Ive never heard of stalley/rockie fresh until mmg. Even tho they don't have material out like that their names are known in a sense. Dom isnt as famous as u dudes trynna make him seem I would even say him n rockie are equally known world wide. Idk if I.like dom on mmg cuz I personally don't like his music but nip goofd. Gunplay is probably mors famous and checked for than he ever was. Dudes gettin all types of features the last yr n a half n has been putting out solid material, even got a album coming

I've been to sold out Dom shows...and I doubt very seriously everyone in the room was on NT.

Last edited:
^ some broad was hell bent on playing his music at some house party a few years

back and she had the EEK face when i knew who he was lmao ...since then only

my boys into sneakers really bring him up

See a good majority of my boys know who dom is and some females i'm cool with too, and only one of them knows what NT is and he's not even into kicks like that

:lol: @ Pill. Dude was the very definition of a create a rapper. Just a template. Ol blank canvas I got 3 sheets of notebook paper but it's the end of the school year and I don't need them anymore *** dude. I mean, as much as I can't stand Meek Mill, I can at least see his appeal and why people may listen to him.

Still think an MMG look for Dom would be
beneficial. Even just being an affiliate. As long as he's being himself and not trying toforce himself over Lex Luger/Southside beats, I think it would help.

Signed or not his style is simple, dumbed down already so they wouldn't have hurt him in that aspect.

I always thought Nipsey & LEP Bogus Boys were going to sign to MMG.

Wiz opted not to sign & it worked out for him. Only time will tell for Dom

Rather see Dom with Dre and Kendrick.
MMG is alright, but it wouldn't feel right hearing "M-M-M-M-M-M-MAYBACH MUSIC" at the beginning of all his damn songs.

If Wiz would have signed with MMG when Ross reached out, maybe he wouldn't look like the drugged out hippie he is today though.

Signed or not his style is simple, dumbed down already so they wouldn't have hurt him in that aspect.

I always thought Nipsey & LEP Bogus Boys were going to sign to MMG.

Wiz opted not to sign & it worked out for him. Only time will tell for Dom
No it didn't. Both of his albums have been panned by critics. Ross would have definitely influenced the direction of his debut album for the better. Atlantic not only ruined his sound, but his image as well.

Back
Top Bottom